Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#509908 - 12/15/18 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: furry]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
REALLY enjoyed this one Dave. Fabulous production with equally fabulous vocals. Great job

Thanks Graham! Really liked your last one. Take care. Greg

#509910 - 12/15/18 07:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: David Snyder]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Greg,

This is really gorgeous. It kind of reminds me of Sting a little. A lot, actually. Both lyrically and musically--and even vocally!

And that's a good thing.

Great job!!

smile

Thanks David. Sting has always been one of my heroes. That is a very flattering comparison! Your new one is GREAT!!! Take care. Greg

#509911 - 12/15/18 07:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: floyd jane]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Greg,

You know how much I love this song...

"And the scent of her perfume is locked in my brain
The sweetest mixture of pleasure and pain
Once we danced closely to some sweet lover’s tune
But tonight, its just me and the moon"

An absolutely GORGEOUS write. I could quote every line in the song, but let the 4 above suffice... GORGEOUS!!!

The mix on this might be your best ever. Everything in the right place. The drums sound like they were recorded in a "just right live room". The bass is warm and punchy at the same time - buttery. The piano, sweet and smokey. Super trumpet!!

Your vocal is amazing.

This is top-notch, professional from every angle.

WOW. WOW. WOW!!

fj

Thanks SO much my friend!! It is tempting to print this review and put it on my studio wall for inspiration. Means so much to me! Take care. Greg

#509913 - 12/15/18 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: dcuny]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
You've got that smokey vibe going... Hopefully sung once the air finally cleared up over there! wink

As floyd said so eloquently: WOW!

The vocals are perfect, the arrangement is exquisite, lyrics stellar and I love the trumpet solo.

Thanks so much David for the kind words! Much appreciated! I noticed recently that we are virtually neighbors. Should have a beer some time. Take care. Greg

#509917 - 12/15/18 07:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Greg,

This truly is stunning. You've definitely raised the forum's singer/songwriter bar immeasurably with this creation and its presentation.

All the best,
Noel

#510173 - 12/16/18 03:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: bluage]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Greg Johnson...

There's some heavy-duty romantic balladeering of the exquisitely bluesy and jazzy kind in your song, "Me and the Moon". I'd love to communicate the pleasure I experienced while listening to it by comparing it to popular standards of similar genre recorded by famous performers, but then I thought that they might not live up to the the "standard" that you set with your song.

What a noirish, elegantly arranged production this is! The mood is deliciously cool and sultry. Your lonely, wounded vocal teases the after-midnight poetry out of the lyrics like a magician performing amongst the shadows of his secrets.

I wish I was in an audience so you could watch me get to my feet and applaud you along with the other patrons as you take bow, after bow, after bow!

Magnificent.

LOREN

WOW, what a wonderful review! Thanks so much Loren. Means a lot to me! Take care. Greg

#510174 - 12/16/18 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Janice & Bud]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"That conjures the feeling of lost and alone
A tender heart in this city of stone
It seems my only friend now is that cold, silver balloon
Oh tonight, it’s just me and the moon"

Man of man, only if we could write half as good as this song!

As always with your songs all the accolades have quickly been exhausted by the time we comment smile

Your vocals are always standout and this is over the top standout. And did you ever put together a "band" to support it! The piano and trumpet players sound like folks you've worked with for years and honed it all to perfection.

Just wonderful!

J&B

THanks for the ultra kind words guys!! You write some damn good stuff yourselves! Take care. Greg

#510668 - 12/18/18 08:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is an absolutely gorgeous production. Vocal is superb! Melody is pleasing.

Thanks so much for listening and for the kind words! It's nice to have you active on the forum....you do some really good stuff!! Take care. Greg

#510669 - 12/18/18 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice song, one of your best.
Great real tracks in this one.
Excellent melody you created and sing.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio! I'm glad you're posting again. Missed you when you were gone! Take care. Greg

#511961 - 12/22/18 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Crossroads]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Greg,

what a gorgeous song that is. I love eberything about it: the write, the lyrics, the backing track, the mix and of course your wonderful singing. I' deeply impressed.

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks Stefan for the kind words! Just listened to your new one.....fabulous! Take care. Greg

#511962 - 12/22/18 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Guitarhacker]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That paints a picture in the listener's mind. I could see this in a movie soundtrack.

So many good things about this from the smooth jazz to the melody to the lyrics to the production. It's all top bar stuff.

Thanks so much Herb for that great review! Yeah, I kind of had a Town without Pity emotion in mind...trumpet just set that mood. Glad to see you posting a lot lately....gooood stuff !!! Take care. Greg

#511970 - 12/22/18 01:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Me and the Moon [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Wow, somehow I missed this but I'm glad someone gave a 2nd chance...
This is one great write & performance.
Your lyrics & music build right up the the hook "Me and the Moon"
I love it... Great job!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Update Your RealBand 2021 Today!

The latest version of RealBand 2021 is ready to download and add to your existing 2021 installation!

With this update we've addressed many user reported issues. We brought back the option to save mono WMA files, made Band-in-a-Box notation slurs visible in RealBand notation, decreased the frequency of warning messages about sampling rates, added program stability when selecting FlexASIO driver, and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Audio Edit Window Tips!

In Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows you can view the audio on any track in the Audio Edit Window.

While you're there, check out the new hotkeys we've added:

-Home key: moves the cursor to the beginning of a track.
-Home+Shift keys: move the left cursor to the beginning of a track.
-End key: moves the cursor to the end of a track.
-End+Shift keys: move the right cursor to the end of a track.
-Ctrl+A keys: select the whole track.

Jump to this topic in our New Features video.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Chord Sheet Improvements!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 we added some handy features to the Chord Sheet, which you can now copy-and-paste chords into with simple text! There are new zoom buttons, part-marker time signature display, additions to the right-click menu, and more. We've even updated the Chord Sheet to resize and make more room for the improved Mixer Window!

We've highlighted some of these additions within our 2021 New Features Video:

Easy changing of lines per page & bars per line 17:49
Time signature displays on main page 18:50
Visual transpose in main screen display 19:05
Visual transpose setting in notation 19:48
Copy and Paste chords 60:04

Forum Stats
34211 Members
67 Forums
68987 Topics
592258 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM