Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#504995 11/29/18 08:35 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

this is one of my fun projects that help me chase the blues away every now and then - so please dont take it seriously.

And, of course, this strange stuff didn’t come from my very brain, but I was heavily inspired by a TV conversation a couple of year ago between two of the funniest German comedians, both in their sixties, who talked about getting older, their increasing health problems and, of couse, about the physical side of love once you’ve crossed the fifties line. Although it had been extremely funny all the way the conversation became hilarious when the elder one explained that his ‘bloodhounds of carnal lust were either constantly chained up or had, even more likely, already passed away, which he claimed to make him feel superior to young folks who were still ‘slaves of their drives’.

Well, folks, forgive me, but as an affected party as regards age I simply couldn’t leave that uncommented, so here’s my modest contribution to the subject:

Audio + lyrics
Audio on Soundcloud
The (inevitable) video

The technical stuff

Style is _BLUESSH.STY (Blues Shuffle Quintet Swing)

RealTracks in style: 420:Bass, Electric, Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 421:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~585:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Muddy Sw 120
RealDrums in Song: BluesShuffleHard^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Busy Snare, HiHat

I possibly changed the RealDrums, but, sorry, I didn’t take any note about that.

Playdes the guitar solos on exactly what you see in the vid: a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom and that amazing teeny-weeny VOX VT20 (I guess) with an Orange amp emulation.

In this spirit have a terrific weejend.

Cheers,

Stefan

Last edited by Crossroads; 11/30/18 03:33 AM.
User Showcase
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
cool!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Stefan, what a marvelous song I might say! The arrangement is a pleasure to listen to and the vibe is very appealing. Great tones with the guitar, seemed very fun to make. Great work!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,

A fun song and even more fun video...

Nice backing tracks. The organ sounds great. Good job on the guitar. Vocals are crisp and clear and well mixed.

It sounds to me like the drums are panned all the to right side - haven't heard drums panned to one side like that since the 60's...

Enjoyed the listen.

fj

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi Stefan.

You know that I love your music and videos. And this song is great too!

But I honestly think you could have mixed this better. The vocal is way to loud in comparison with the background track in my opinion. But I can read that the more professional guys (than me) like it as it is, so don't take my comments seriously, please!

Keep up the good work, Stefan!
Will

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome job Stephan. Loved the video. Excellent back track and super job on the guitar. super vocal as well..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another enjoyable song! laugh

I initially mis-read it as "The Wild Nouns of Passion", which would have been an interesting song as well.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stephan,

Really, really enjoyable! Everything about your singing, your backing, the video and your humour grabs hold and doesn't let go until the end.

It's definitely 'thumbs up' from me for this.

In a word... EXCELLENT!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: dcuny

I initially mis-read it as "The Wild Nouns of Passion", which would have been an interesting song as well.

.. I agree, but would this be the right forum to make it public?

Glad you enjoyed it.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hello Stefan, what a marvelous song I might say! The arrangement is a pleasure to listen to and the vibe is very appealing. Great tones with the guitar, seemed very fun to make. Great work!

Hey Joe (love to address you that way...),

thanks for your fine review - I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

I also missed the topic. The thread title says “The Wild Houns of Passion” which I took to be wild hoons of passion (a hoon here is someone who behaves in an anti social manner). But I guess the hero of this story could be regarded as a “Wild Houn”.

Good fun song and video. Well done.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Awesome job Stephan. Loved the video. Excellent back track and super job on the guitar. super vocal as well..

Thanks a lot, Scott, I really appreciate your opinion (like I always do).

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Stephan,

Really, really enjoyable! Everything about your singing, your backing, the video and your humour grabs hold and doesn't let go until the end.

It's definitely 'thumbs up' from me for this.

In a word... EXCELLENT!

All the best,
Noel

Wow, Noel, what can I say: What a heckuva review - thank you so much. When it comes to humour, tastes can differ a lot, so I'm always delighted when people share my sense of it.

Thanks for the listen and your kind comment and have a great weekend.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan,

A fun song and even more fun video...

Nice backing tracks. The organ sounds great. Good job on the guitar. Vocals are crisp and clear and well mixed.

It sounds to me like the drums are panned all the to right side - haven't heard drums panned to one side like that since the 60's...

Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Hi Flyd,

first of all thanks a lot for watching and listening so carefully and, of course, for your kind words - I really appreciate themn a lot.

As to the drum panning: You are absolutely right - it sounds as if the drums were (like with the first Beatles stereo records) completely panned to the right, and I couldn't remember we'd ever done something like that.

So I just got the original RealBand file back on my PC and had a lokk at the drum track:

1. It sounds the same: panned to the right.
2. It's a stereo RealDrum track
3. It's panned to exactly ZERO.

Oops - so it was the decision of the people who created this RealDrum track. And when I soloed it, it showed that it was not completely panned to the right, but all the loud instruments were indeed, only soft cymbal sounds coming from the left.

So I'm gonna take this for granted amd, more than that, I'm proud that it was us who gave you and the others that tiny musical blast from the past - even though this happened totally unintentionally cool

Thanks again very much for listening that attentively and have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan, Lots of fun to be had listening to this one. The video was great and enjoyed watching the guitar work. Well sung and played. I think you should revisit the mix, especially drums and bass. There is a lot of creativity on display here. I liked it despite my mix comments, Tom

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Stefan.

You know that I love your music and videos. And this song is great too!

But I honestly think you could have mixed this better. The vocal is way to loud in comparison with the background track in my opinion. But I can read that the more professional guys (than me) like it as it is, so don't take my comments seriously, please!

Keep up the good work, Stefan!
Will

Hi Will,

thanks an awful lot for listening and watching. And, please, feel free to write as your comments whatever you feel might help.

Well, volume of the vocals has been, is and I'm afraid will be the almost only disputed topic between Maha and me when it comes to mixing.

I'm a couple of years older than her and experienced that mixing style they had in the seventies when it was always good to have the record's cover at hand so you could at least SEE if you were listening to a lady or a guy. smile

And I don't have too much self-confidence as far as my singing is concerned. So it's always me who proposes to get the vocals a bit back into the mix while Maha mostly disagrees. And also important: We listen to the final mix on many differnt devices before the song is being made public. And it's astounding how differently especially the vocals (but also the bass and the drums) can be emphasized - completely different from what we had (or better: Maha had) planned when she heard it on her studio speakers.

So, I'm on your side: I would have preferred to reduce the voval's volume a bit, but in the end it's all a matter of personal taste, isn't it...

So, please, don't you ever hesitate to come up with whatever you think is important - everything you say is being appreciated a lot!!!

Have a terrific weekend and take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Teunis

I also missed the topic. The thread title says “The Wild Houns of Passion” which I took to be wild hoons of passion (a hoon here is someone who behaves in an anti social manner). But I guess the hero of this story could be regarded as a “Wild Houn”.

Good fun song and video. Well done.

Tony

Oops - that was just a typo, sorry for that. Like I said in the song: 'My eyesight's pretty bad, you might say I'm almost blind'. Which is not made up, unfortunately...

Just corrected the thread title.

Regards,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Stefan, Lots of fun to be had listening to this one. The video was great and enjoyed watching the guitar work. Well sung and played. I think you should revisit the mix, especially drums and bass. There is a lot of creativity on display here. I liked it despite my mix comments, Tom

Hi Tom,

thank you very much für your comment and especially the hint. Scott already mentioned the drum panning issue - which I've taken care of in my respective reply. And I also agreed with Will's hint that the vocals might be a bit to loud.

But apart from that I'm pretty fine with the mix - it's rough like it was meant to be and has aa bit of a 'live' character. And after all it's a matter of taste... But nevertheless: I really appreciate any hints and comments. So thanks again.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice groove,

rockin' blues, good raw guitar playing!

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Oh ya - this took about 10 seconds for me to know I'd be into it. Love the bluesy groove, and found your vocals to be top notch. It has a lot of attitude behind it, and the progressions are fantastic. A real proper mix job too.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,558
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200