if she cared at all, she didn't let it show
so i stopped talking to her

tried everything that I can think
   drama and drugs, the devil's drink
   any recipe to make me forget
   nothin's workin' yet
   nothin's workin' yet
   nothin's workin' yet

Well... I did manage to find the BAND I was looking for...

RealTracks in style: ~700:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1945:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GroovinFolk Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3059:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Muted16thsFintan Ev16 080
RealTracks in song: 2667:Pedal Steel, Background DreamySingleNote Ev 075
RealDrums in Song: BossaBrushesPerc^1-a:Congas, No Kit , b:Congas, Shaker, Triangle, No Kit

Thanks for listening.
And for any comments.

floyd

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd

Sometimes something comes along that suits a jaded state of mind. Nothing too dramatic.
Just Hmmmmm.
Like everything about it.

Cheers.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
floyd

Nothin' except the song which works on all levels. A gorgeous mix, and subtle vocal to go along with a wonderfully crafted lyric.

All class.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Dear Mr. Jane,

Thank you for submitting your song to our Nashville evaluation service.

First, you say that the song is called Nothing's Working Yet, but yet you start by talking about a martini made of gin. Why didn't you call the song Martini? You are not helping the listener find the hook. Also, no one knows what gin is. Is that a type of card game?

To make matters worse, you say Jesus is not listening to you so you stopped talking to him. Most people would say that if you get caught talking out loud to Jesus, you are crazy and need to be locked up. But you could put that in the bridge with your card game. Please listen to the radio more. They will show you how.

And what is all this about the devil's drink being a recipe? No one has ever seen a devil's drink in a recipe book Mr. Jane. How do you expect the listener to know what is going on?

Kidding!!!!!!!!

Loved this song. One of my favorites.

I just had to go on a rampage there. Sorry. Nashville writers know why.

But don't give up on Jesus quite yet. He may be the only one around to help when the world finally DOES make you lose your mind.

Just sayin'.

smile

Great song.

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey there floyd jane, great work on this! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and the instruments are layered nicely. The guitar sure howls! Keep it up!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, I like this!

Love the stripped down arrangement, you had me right from the start with those two acoustic guitars playing off each other, works really well. The subtle use of the pedal steel and that Bossa Percussion is perfect.

Love the vocal, especially when you bring the harmonies in for the second verse.

Very nice, floyd!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Another well produced song, Clean, Strong recording and the Floyd feeling, makes this flow in style.

What was the inspiration for the lyrics ?.

Thanks.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another super tune Floyd. I also loved the laid back feel of the song. Your vocal was very special on this song. I to loved how the two guitars fit together very cool. Well done Floyd..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

I love this... My favorite "Floyd song" to date. The instrumentation is wonderful, as is the overall write. Your understated vocal really brings it all home.

Just the best...

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Floyd,

When your mind is still happily treading the terrific journey this song takes the listener on, it's hard to concentrate in order to write/say something about it. But I'll try.

The two acoustics play off each other so nicely. And dang, that percussion is the perfect fit. Music-wise and lyric-wise, the simplicity of this song is actually the driving force. It has everything it needs and not a single thing it doesn't. The old theory - I'm sure you're familiar with it - is throw in everything that might fit and then keep taking things away until there's nothing more to take away that hurts the essence of the song. That's what this song is - a journey in listening pleasure and an example of how to craft a terrific song. I think ya got this songwritin' thing down pretty good - well, maybe better than pretty good!

A tip of the sombrero to a superb craftsman.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 12/01/18 04:12 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Your lyrics are poetry, and that ain't hyperbole. Loved the song. I'll be listening to it again and again.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Dear Mr. Jane,

Thank you for submitting your song to our Nashville evaluation service.

First, you say that the song is called Nothing's Working Yet, but yet you start by talking about a martini made of gin. Why didn't you call the song Martini? You are not helping the listener find the hook. Also, no one knows what gin is. Is that a type of card game?

To make matters worse, you say Jesus is not listening to you so you stopped talking to him. Most people would say that if you get caught talking out loud to Jesus, you are crazy and need to be locked up. But you could put that in the bridge with your card game. Please listen to the radio more. They will show you how.

And what is all this about the devil's drink being a recipe? No one has ever seen a devil's drink in a recipe book Mr. Jane. How do you expect the listener to know what is going on?

Kidding!!!!!!!!

Loved this song. One of my favorites.

I just had to go on a rampage there. Sorry. Nashville writers know why.

But don't give up on Jesus quite yet. He may be the only one around to help when the world finally DOES make you lose your mind.

Just sayin'.

smile

Great song.

Now that right there is funny if it wasn't true. One of the main reasons I stopped sending songs to NSAI. David, I thought you had hacked my NSAI expired account. That had me going for a minute..... thought I was having a flashback to one of my reviews.

Anyway....

Hey, a great song that kinda grew on me as I was listening. Started out ... this is interesting.... then as it went on, I was a fan by the end. That's called drawing them in and converting them in 3 minutes.

You did a fine job as always on the song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now Herb, I must make it perfectly clear that this was a harmless little silly joke that is kind of an inside joke between me and Floyd, and if I WASN'T joking, then I clearly would be talking about:

Dirty Dick's Nashville Crab Shack and Song Evaluation and Demo Services.

If I WASN'T joking--which, I am, just to be clear, good dear buddy and friend.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Wow! Understated and all the more real for that... these lyrics are so well crafted.
Everything fits on the production ( been wanting to use that muted acoustic guitar track -it sounds great the way you paired & panned it here).
What songwriting is all about!

Robert

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMIN'!!!. Mr. Jane another winner. Love the lyrics as they usually grab my attention first. Good country vibe.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
love it!

This song just showcases how much you've got this down,

This thing that we're all drawn or compelled to try and do

on this forum.

Damned near perfect recording, the mix, the vocals, writing, and the heart,

The sentiment, the mood, the feeling in this is conveyed in that subtle

way that only an artist can achieve.

I'm a fan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd

Sometimes something comes along that suits a jaded state of mind. Nothing too dramatic.
Just Hmmmmm.
Like everything about it.

Cheers.

Richard - it is nice to see you drop by. Glad you liked this one. (you need to be posting some songs!)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What a moving refelction on life's downs. Would I be out of line to quote the old saying about "a hair of the dog that bit me,"?
Very well crafted recording.
On another serious side, my associates and I are right now discussing the long term consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. The first two lines of your song are relevent to something called "rebranding."
Carry on, Floyd. Always a pleasure.

Last edited by edshaw; 12/01/18 11:14 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
A well written & produced song... I enjoyed it.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You surely have the ability to find the right sound to convey the message. The muted acoustic and the single string atmospheric steel used sparingly are two good examples of the less is more approach used here. What struck me besides the well written lyrics "my heart locked in an endless scream" was the understated vocal. Perfect harmonies and mix that is executed with a pro touch. Thankfully for all of us you never run out of interesting things to say. Another amazing composition, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195