Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sure would be nice if we could keep all the thread-discussions about this new feature in one place. Even now I am seeing bits and pieces of content talking about this scattered over the many forums. Hard to remember or find who said what and when across all the threads.

Maybe I can help collect them here in one place.

Here is what may become a good thread...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505843#Post505843

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome!

Truly Awesome!

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Sure would be nice if we could keep all the thread-discussions about this new feature in one place...

YES ! good idea it needs it's own forum.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is really amazing!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Sure would be nice if we could keep all the thread-discussions about this new feature in one place...

YES ! good idea it needs it's own forum.

I also agree that a unique forum page would be a better way to manage VST items.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Came upon this worrisome comment buried in another thread...
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506067#Post506067
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09

As for the plugin, the first time I tried it it simply crashed Reaper (and I've had Reaper crash less than a handful of times on huge projects, IIRC, when trying to load something dodgy or incompatible), so I'm not even gonna bother with that feature probably.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
I think this much desired feature plugin is the way to go, especially for new users and people who have never used biab, but are attracted to using the plugin in their chosen DAW.

Is this going to change the habits of a lifetime though for older users, who are used to opening biab itself, having a nice full screen GUI, and simply render or drag a lot of tracks into their DAW?

Or is the plugin so good that doing it all in the DAW is the way of the future?

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Or is the plugin so good that doing it all in the DAW is the way of the future?

Honestly I think that is what I was hoping for. But alas, the reviews are coming in around the forum threads and initial word is not entirely good. Bugs and limitations... Time will tell.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The multi-riff option looks great.

The only question I've got is where the .wav files are stored. If they are stored in a folder in BiaB, that's no good - I need all the files to live in the project directory.

Does anyone know if the VST allow changing where the .wav files are generated?

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
As far as I know it's automatic, so yes I think it needs a set path for Tracks:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiabVST-Set-Tracks-Path.png (107.04 KB, 323 downloads)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Honestly I think that is what I was hoping for. But alas, the reviews are coming in around the forum threads and initial word is not entirely good. Bugs and limitations... Time will tell.

It's a new product and many users will be utilizing it in many different ways, and possibly finding problems, but I'm sure as issues are identified they will be resolved as quickly as possible. Too much effort went into this for it not to be successful.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I’m not sure yet, David. I take as a guide for now the way Drag ‘n Drop was introduced. It took us awhile to figure out which DAWs required files to remain in the BIAB Drop folder (which could fill up fast) and which were copied in full into a project folder in the DAW (which like you I agree is the better approach).

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey, David -

The generated files are stored under your BIAB folder in "C:\BB\BBPlugin\SavedTracks".

You'll need to probably clean it out every once in awhile, depending upon how your DAW handles the WAVs.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Thanks John!

Now if this were the old SONAR Platinum (or certain other DAWs), wouldn't it copy those files such that they could be erased almost immediately from this folder?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sonar has a setting to move all audio files to your project folder, as does Reaper. Other DAW's may leave the content where they sit. You would have to look at the documentation for whichever DAW is being used as to whether you need to clean out the DAW folder, or somehow move the files to better suited location.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
The generated files are stored under your BIAB folder in "C:\BB\BBPlugin\SavedTracks".

You'll need to probably clean it out every once in awhile, depending upon how your DAW handles the WAVs.

Thanks!

I'll check Reaper's settings to see how to automatically move audio files. I've no doubt seen the setting, I've just never paid attention to it.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
This is really amazing!

Let me tune your vocal with Melodyne for a Fiverr

First song with BIAB for windows video course available

Hi,
I can successfully navigate to your 'Let me tune your vocal...' link, but I get a 404 No Page Found when I click on 'First Song with BIAB for windows video course available'.

Please post here when the link is working.

Many thanks.

"If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim'. And once you've learned - swim!"
John Lennon
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You can try making SavedTracks a symlink and point it to the folder where you want the tracks saved.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Portable-Symbolic-Link-Creator.shtml

Off-Topic
D
D
Is there an aax version for Protools? How does this work with Protools? Also, it would be good to someday have some way of working with 48khx RealTracks, since many projects are at 48khz.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I think the plugin will be great with BiaB 2019. I always hated to get out of my DAW and go get another reworking of the song. It will make it so much easier to work with what I play and what Biab furnishes. Have it ordered and waiting on the drive.

"The desire for fame is the last infirmity cast off even by the wise."
Cornelius Tacitus
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
ps Unless and until a new forum is created, comments and questions about the VST Plugin would probably be better in the main BIAB for Windows Forum.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: drutgat
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
This is really amazing!

Let me tune your vocal with Melodyne for a Fiverr

First song with BIAB for windows video course available

Hi,
I can successfully navigate to your 'Let me tune your vocal...' link, but I get a 404 No Page Found when I click on 'First Song with BIAB for windows video course available'.

Please post here when the link is working.

Many thanks.

Hi! I sent a pm but link should work now.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi folks.
I was among first people to cheer when VST was anounced.
The stability issues did not bother me much, as I understand it is initial release and abnormal things will "happen"

However, what saddened me is that when you open previously arranged composition SGU from BIAB in VST, it drops all the bar changes, rests, stops, pushes...pretty much stripping everything but chord sheet and green/blue markers...

I think the pride of BIAB comes from motto that everything is "tweakable"...if this is the right way to put it.

Maybe my VST plugin version has bugs, that is why it does not import bar changes, etc through VST...

Not really sure what to think of it. Would appriciate a comment or two.

Thank you!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi folks.
I was among first people to cheer when VST was anounced.
The stability issues did not bother me much, as I understand it is initial release and abnormal things will "happen"

However, what saddened me is that when you open previously arranged composition SGU from BIAB in VST, it drops all the bar changes, rests, stops, pushes...pretty much stripping everything but chord sheet and green/blue markers...

I think the pride of BIAB comes from motto that everything is "tweakable"...if this is the right way to put it.

Maybe my VST plugin version has bugs, that is why it does not import bar changes, etc through VST...

Thank you!

I'm sorry (but not surprised) to hear this. I recall being disappointed to discover that Realband dropped things from tracks when opening a BIAB song (I think frozen status is ignored if I recall correctly).

When you make a new product that uses your files, whose format you control completely, you should not drop out settings or things like this.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Rustyspoon, I don’t recall seeing this reported. I’ll pass it along to the developers to study further.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: dbarrow
Is there an aax version for Protools? How does this work with Protools? Also, it would be good to someday have some way of working with 48khx RealTracks, since many projects are at 48khz.

Yes, an AAX version of the plugin is included.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi folks.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear this.

Off-Topic
P
P
VST DAW plugin (Win 10) does not function correctly as described; https://www.pgmusic.com/support.bbplugin.htm

44.1khz & 48khz sessions - would also appreciate more detailed info about sample rate support for the plug.

ProTools 2018.12 Ultimate: AAX plug is correctly installed & scanned: ProTools cannot find or load the plug at all.

Nuendo 8.3: exactly as per ProTools (above). Does not load.

Cubase 10: loads plug, but many failings contrary to the advertised features, eg:
- does not pick up the DAW tempo & so can only be set manually (real locked sync, doubtful);
- after rendering tracks, does not output sound at all, has no preferences for routing sound though the DAW main bus etc. (sample rate related?)
- Does drag & drop files to the timeline, but the tempo sync tends to drift over time.

Ableton Live Studio 10: exactly as per Cubase (above).

Finally, why is this a VST2 plug? that format development now discontinued by Steinberg. Surely in 2018 this should have been released as a VST3 plug, not the least of which should have been more success with routing MIDI, tempo and the rest.

Looking forward to this plugin being fixed and fully operational in the near future: was the only real reason I paid the upgrade price for BiaB 2019.

Dell T7910, Win10Pro, 64GB, Nvidia 1080Ti, LG 34UM95 & BenQ SW2700PT, DeckLink MiniMon 4k. Thunderbolt 2, RME UFX+, RME AID-8, UAD-2 quad PCIe, Presonus FaderPort 16. Nuendo, Wavelab, Pro Tools Ultimate, Ableton Live, DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Just hang in there as things are getting fix.
I tried to send you a PM (not scomo) but it must be turned off.

Off-Topic
M
M
VST DAW plugin (Win 7 Enterprise) does not function correctly as described; https://www.pgmusic.com/support.bbplugin.htm

Purchased Band in A Box 2019: upgraded for two main reasons:

1. the ability to play 6/8 time. Now I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the 6/8-time signature is still being truncated. It is not a true 6/8-time signature because each bar still adds up to 4 beats -as in previous versions.

2. To be able to use Band in A Box in my DAW (Pro Tools 12).

ProTools HD 12.5: Unable to see anything related to Band In A Box in the Pro Tools plugins: AAX plug is correctly installed & scanned: ProTools cannot find or load the plug at all.

Have now spent many hours trying to get this plugin to work only to discover from the Forums that there is an obvious problem.
I have been using Band in a Box for as long as I can remember – without many issues. However, the two issues outlined above suggest that this software upgrade is not being delivered as promised.

The DAW option was a major deciding factor for me to purchase this rather expensive upgrade and I am seriously thinking about asking for a refund unless this can be rectified soon. This is a major deal breaker for me and I am very disappointed.

How to re-scan AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools
Windows (sorry Mac users)
Navigate to:
Pro Tools 10: Program Files (x86)\Avid\Pro Tools\DAE\DAE Prefs
Pro Tools 11 and above: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools
Delete the file:
Pro Tools 10: Installed plug-ins
Pro Tools 11 and above: InstalledAAXPlugins
Re-open Pro Tools

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There is a beta being tested to fix the the AAX not being found in ProTools.
Genuine 6/8 and with the Biabplugin now it is needed to match the DAW's time signature changes.
You really need to hang in there as mentioned as there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195