You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#489855 - 09/08/18 11:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in?
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

28. How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in?

This is set in Band-in-a-Box® | Preferences. If you want to hear the count-in, make sure that "Allow Lead in Bars" is checked, along with "Play Lead In even if Intro Present," and "Audible lead in." Also, check that the volume is turned up (64 is the default). Uncheck these options if you don't want to hear the count-in.

#506512 - 12/04/18 11:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Re: How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in? [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Loc: San Jose,CA
jazzsax Offline
Journeyman

Loc: San Jose,CA
I have a related question.

I am using Mac version BIAB, all files use real drums and realrracks instruments.
When performing live, how do I lower just the volume of the lead-in clicks?
There is no reason for the audience to hear the lead-in clicks at full volume.

I have tried going to preferences, I have used various “Lead-in Type”, “Audible Lead In”
is checked, various instruments have been tried, and various Patterns have been selected.
I have set the lead in volume from 10 to 100 with no change in volume.
I have tried all of the above with “play” as well as “Generate and Play”,
with. frozen and unfrozen tracks....
still the lead-in volume does not change.

#510246 - 12/16/18 11:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Re: How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in? [Re: jazzsax]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure if the Mac version has the same feature-set for lead-in, but you could switch to a visible only lead-in like this:

Attachments
2018-12-17_09-47-23.jpg

BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#513185 - 12/27/18 04:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Re: How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in? [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I'm not sure if the Mac version has the same feature-set for lead-in, but you could switch to a visible only lead-in like this:
Not possible... honestly, you really should know this by now (and that goes for all you well-meaning PC "experts" still blindly presuming what we Mac folks have been trying to tell y'all for years) - Not the same functions or options at all in that screenshot.

You wanna actually help? - then help us amp up the pressure on the PG team in our continuing battle to get ALL the same features & options you lot have in BBox (instead of seeing our complaints as some silly attack on you guys and get all defensive), since clearly there are just too few of us around to win that one on our own.
You do gain from it too, because... well, think of it this way: Annoying replies of naggers (like mine right here) would vanish, and best of all, your well intended help & advices would become much more beneficial and thus worth your efforts.

#513186 - 12/27/18 04:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ] Re: How do I enable and disable the lead-in bars or count-in? [Re: jazzsax]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jazzsax
I have a related question.

When performing live, how do I lower just the volume of the lead-in clicks?
You can't, it's fixed. And they've even neglected to normalise some of the a/b part types of count-ins at that, so those actually sound louder than the rest of the drums.
As a beta tester I started complaining to them about this at least 3 years ago, so far it's been completely ignored.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Polish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Istnieje wiele ekscytujących nowych funkcji w Band-in-a-Box 2019!

Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019: Pakiety
Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019 dla Windows : Nowych Funkcji

Spanish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 para Windows® está aquí!

Nuevas características
Todos los Paquetes

Video - Repeats & Endings Dialog Overview for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, video we go over the Repeats & Endings Dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Learn more...

This video includes information on repeats, 1st/2nd endings, dc al coda, ds al coda, dc al fine, ds al fine, and Fake Sheet Mode.

Testimonial - Woody Piano Shack's Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box®

Check out our latest Video Testimonial from Woody of Woody Piano Shack! Woody uses Band-in-a-Box primarily as a training tool within his YouTube channel and private lessons. He's been a Band-in-a-Box user since the Atari ST days, and is very impressed with the evolution of our program - watch and you'll see! Click here...

Video - Audio Harmony Overview in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

We've updated our Audio Harmony Overview video using the latest Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Windows program! Watch now...

Learn even more about Audio Harmonies using the Online Manual, here.

Danish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 til Windows® er klar!

Pakker
Nye funktioner

Dutch Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 voor Windows® is hier!

Pakketten
Nieuwe Functies

Forum Stats
29496 Members
60 Forums
58134 Topics
488356 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Emily, Tigz, Pauldordt, cptnzod, Carl the Mac man

29495 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)