Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
mabe38 Offline OP
OP Offline
M

Hello, something's going wrong with me. After installing the update I only have 17 new real tracks, of which no sound is available (see pic) . The same under the 32bit version. What to do?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj9vgbtsxev2yvx/biab.JPG?dl=0

Last edited by mabe38; 12/11/18 05:58 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
How many were you expecting? Did you install your package over your previous BIAB, or was this a new install?

My understanding is you get fairly limited RealTrack content in the MegaPak (as well as the ProPak), versus the UltraPak which includes over 2700 RealTracks. They significantly upped the number you get in 2018 (from 2017), but it looks like maybe only a handful more with 2019. Yes, you get the program, but you only get 500 RT's (which will be a collection from over the past 11 years from when RealTracks were first introduced).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Hi mabe,

Just to clarify...

The image that you show is not a list of Realtracks. It's a list of styles.

To view the Realtracks that have been installed, it's necessary to go into Realtrack picker (IMAGE 1, below), not Stylepicker, and then sort by "Set". Once sorted by "Set" (IMAGE 2), new Realtracks are those that have Set numbers 301-328.

If your view is different from mine, use CTRL+T to switch between standard and full-screen views.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Realtrackpicker 2019.JPG (41.37 KB, 110 downloads)
IMAGE 1... entering Realtrack picker
sorting by set 2019.JPG (107.13 KB, 111 downloads)
IMAGE 2... sorting by "Set" number

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
K
K
it is 100% crap that they advertise on youtube about the latest package, and then say "this was made using the ultra pak bla bla bla"
what they dont tell you is that this can ONLY be made with the Ultra pack. the videos therefore need to say "Band in a box, ULTRA PACK 2020"
Because all the other 2020 offerings absolutely suck. Im serious, the 79 dollar version that I had, and the 160 version "mega" pack, show no difference what-so-ever. I just handed them over 240 dollars total at this point. and literally, one cant tell the difference between the 79 dollar one and the one doubled in price.

WHY USE TRICKERY!?

they could just do what Reason from Propellerhead does. It tells you what "reason essentials" is, fully. If you want that, youll buy that.
Protools as well. you get what you paid for. that I dont mind. But PG music is sending false imaging along site "fine print" advertising, to rip you off.

At this point, I am not seeing buying their "ultra pack" for fear that the reality is, the "ultra pack" REQUIRES that you get that 49 pack along WITH it, to do all the crap youre seeing on yourube.. making the program too expensive..

Just tell me what I am buying. How do you know I wont like what I am getting?

I didnt expect to get it all...BUT A PORTION of it (half of it, since Im paying half the price of an ultra pack) would have been nice, but clearly you dont get that. I wish this were not software so I could sent them the crap back..

Great product!!!1 [*****] poor execution. Like burger king. Like Pizza hut.

Good ideas, [*****] poor execution.

Veteran
Veteran
khan flo mah, firstly, welcome.
Sorry that you weren't able to identify what is provided with each of the product paks.

You mentioned:
Quote:
Im serious, the 79 dollar version that I had, and the 160 version "mega" pack, show no difference what-so-ever.

That information is available on the PG Music Website, where it explains the differences between the products. It also appears to clearly show the difference between the Pro Pak and the Mega Pak, - as well as the Ultra Pak, which has significantly more content.

I'm not sure how any statement that a product that was made with a certain Pak could be misconstrued that the identical result could be achieved with a lesser content Pak.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
K
K
MAN PLEASE!!!!
if someone is new to your product, you cant just say "pack 3" and 200 other this and that, and people are supposed to figure out your jargon.
front page says NEW 2020 BIAB.
Loops with style pak 1
Loops with style pak 2.

that for example is right on the frint page under the headline of BIAB2020

what that ACTUALLY is, is a separate pack you can buy. Not something thats somehow what you get when you buy biab 2020

it reads thusly:

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 & New Add-ons!

50+ New Features! Learn more: Windows | Mac
202 New RealTracks!(when you get biab2020?) Listen to demos: Windows | Mac
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Windows and Mac 2020 and higher.
NEW! Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Windows and Mac 2020 and higher.
Xtra Styles PAK 8 for Windows and Mac 2019 and higher.
Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Windows and Mac 2019 and higher.

which are the "add ons" and which are biab 2020?

WHAT IS biab 2020? the mega pak? the ultra pack? WHAT got upgraded?

If a man who has the last 160 dollar version, gets the "upgrade" to this 160 dollar version of 2020, what can he hope to see that he didnt have before? where is that on the front page? anywhere?
this is disastrous marketing.. Bait and switch bogus bulshevik

lets say if I have the mega pak (pak btw implies a set of something)
If I have the mega pak and want to get the ultra pak, how much am I paying? LESS right? Wrong...

You gotta pay the full price as if you dont have any version at all..

how about ala cart? can I just buy a pac, kinda like a package of refills for Propellerhead reason? Or loops for fruityloops?

yes...but whats in them? you really cant tell.. not really.

because you see the videos on youtube, AS WELL as the demos are including OTHER packs instead of using purely what youre getting.

the only people that will side with you are people that have the ultra pack..

I am a cakewalk/ Protools/Reason/fruityloops user. I have used them all over the years.

So my mocking this disaster is not without merit.

I was considering leaving Propellerhead, and using BIAB, and giving up with the whole self made production. I was going to marry the two, by taking parts played by BIAB and mix it with my own playing, and do unique thins with Reason 7.

but this is 100% stupidity on BIAB part. Every other program Ive ever used, over 30 years, it was clear as rain what I was buying. ONLINE and before the internet.

So youre not talking to someone that doesnt know. I was making unique synth sounds with CZ101's in the 80s. My brother had a moog I learned on as a kid. So when I call this behavior crazy, I mean it.

Veteran
Veteran
khan flo mah (if that is your real name?) wink , let me give you a clue. Never a good idea to show up for the first time and crap all over the place. Thankfully, this is a forgiving place of fellow users. So to address your point, you do know you have a 30 day full refund if you don't like the product. Pretty simple, contact the company and get your money back.

And more to your point, we already recognize the marketing options can be confusing if you don't ask questions in advance.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

K
K
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
it says "information about BIAB2020!! thats what it says.. below it are links to hear it..

this implies that what I am hearing is what I will get when buying biab..

TO THE RIGHT, outside the frame, is a pitch for the ultra pak... implying you get THAT within the box AND MORE..

so when I get BIABm, do I get all I hear in that box? no..

because it is not telling you WHICH VERSIOBN of band in a box is being pushed in that frame...

100% stupid

Veteran
Veteran
I can feel his pain. I have said in the past that PGMusic's package labeling is very confusing, especially to someone who has used other music software. In other music software Pro is the top of the line NOT and entry point!

I would relabel these products:
1-BiaB Pro to BiaB lite
2-BiaB Mega to BiaB Intermediate
3-BiaB Ultra to BiaB Pro
4-BiaB Audiofile - to Biab Pro Audiofile.
5-BiaB Ultra + to BiaB Pro Upgrade.

I would drop all of the extra stuff and add it to the Ultra Pak (my Pro Pak).

But I do concur that coming in and (rhymes with witching but with a capitol B) is not a very polite thing to do and puts off many here who would be glad to help.

Last but not least khan flo mah why not contact PGMusic and explain what has happened. I have found them to be very accommodating.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Khan flo mah,

First, welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

I'm sorry your disappointed with your purchase and irritated with how the products are marketed. However, this is a user forum so there is nothing we fellow users can do to address the issues you've brought up. We can and do empathize with your frustration. I sincerely hope you will take advantage of the thirty guarantee to exercise and evaluate the product and not let your frustration prevent you from learning about this amazing musical tool.

RealTracks are available +++ in sets +++ and purchasing RealTrack sets is one way to add additional content to your existing MegaPAK collection. However, it is not the most cost efficient way to add additional content.

The most cost efficient way to add content when you already have the ProPAK or MegaPAK is to upgrade your package when there is a new program release. Typically a new Windows program is released each December and a new Macintosh program is released each June. All operating specific packages are substantially discounted for the new release. There normally also is an opportunity to update just your program to the new release.

New content is added to each package with each release so even if you stay with the MegaPAK you can upgrade the program and you will also receive the added content.

May I suggest you take time to write an email to sales@pgmusic.com expressing your frustration and objections. There is a much better chance of things changing by writing to PG Music sales than venting here.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195