Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
To end of January ?.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Veteran
Veteran
Often they will extend it a week or two into January. But! There is no obligation for them to do so, so I wouldn't count on it smile

I always buy my upgrade between Christmas and New Year, and this year will be no different.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Yea But with all the trouble and doubt in 2019, would put people off buying till it is fixed ?.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

Expert
Expert
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user.

Just sayin'

Apprentice
Apprentice
I think that statement can be said about every single piece of software that’s ever been distributed by and all persons making software since the invention of computers. It is impossible to release anything without having bugs in it because of all the unknown factors involved. How is a piece of software going to behave on 100 different setups without having access to each one? It can’t happen and never will with the current system we have nowadays.
Unless we were forced to just use one piece of hardware and have no access to anything that would upset that system, then maybe you could have a less buggy system. But, again within those parameters, it’s still impossible to be perfect because even within those limits. Each one of those machines will have minors differences in them. So long story short your answer as to why they would release something that’s not ready 100%. Because if they waited for that to happen we never would get it. Just my humble opinion.

Veteran
Veteran
why not until this time NEXT year?

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
Veteran
The version you purchase does not necessarily dictate that is the final copy of that version you receive.

PG Music have always released patches as further issues are resolved. You would generally always be able to update to the latest available patch for that version. I'm not aware of any situation where that was not possible.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
I've asked myself the same, BeatMaster. The addition of the 64 bit version had me just about to pull the trigger. Then I read here about the many problems it's having, including one fatal to my preferred workflow (the 64 bit version isn't allowing the import of audio, according to another post.) To buy now is a gamble that it will get fixed after I pay. I know PG Music is very conscientious about evetually taking care of bugs, but that's no guarantee they'll fix this one in good time.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: toucher
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user. Just sayin'
Your 40% off price i think is a nice way of rewarding the eager early birds helping PG to iron out them overseen bed bugs LoL.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Originally Posted By: toucher
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user. Just sayin'
Your 40% off price i think is a nice way of rewarding the eager early birds helping PG to iron out them overseen bed bugs LoL.

I didn't read anywhere that the discount is a trade-off for the product not working as advertised. Most of us are used to getting discounts such as Black Friday but usually the products are mostly working.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I didn't read anywhere that the discount is a trade-off for the product not working as advertised. Most of us are used to getting discounts such as Black Friday but usually the products are mostly working.

Agree but it is some consolation, Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc.

Then there are the ones who put there hands in there pockets, to buy with hard earned cash.

You need to look after all your customers as a business Yea ?.

Expert
Expert
It is very simple folks, don't buy it & wait until next year, or buy it and enjoy the x32 until x64 is working the way you need it to. PG has NEVER let me down, and I have been using since the floppy disk days (remember those?)

Also, I have NEVER heard of this...

"Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc."

Do you have some proof of this?

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jcspro40

Also, I have NEVER heard of this...

"Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc."

Do you have some proof of this?

He must be talking about the user showcase awards, that is the only program I know that gives out free copies of BIAB.

But that is for contributing songs to the showcase and has nothing to do with "users who post in defence of the program including the bugs", and Beta testers are excluded.

Here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454419#Post454419

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
We’ve reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2017, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:

-1 great compositions/arrangements/productions
-2 use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
-3 most contributions
- 4 other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- 5 haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
-

6 haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.

Just saying ….I know they are all brilliant at helping. but I and others are paying cash so we deserve a program that works or even an explanation.

Followed by verification of work in progress !!!! Just saying !!.

Last edited by beatmaster; 12/12/18 02:01 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195