Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Songwriting
W
Expert
Expert
W
Yes, Sanne Salomonsen for sure deserves attention. She was/is very popular in most of the northern countries of Europe:

Songwriting
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
The song is a powerful testament to me that no matter how lonely and sad you may feel, you are truly not alone. Someone else has been that low and lived to tell the tale. It sounds strange but the song is so lonesome it comforts me, makes feel better and can even put a smile on my face.

I've listened to that song so many times during dark moments that now it is like a friend. No other song has affected me so deeply.

Mornin' Mr. Fogle...

First of all, let me say that the way you described your affection for this song, is as poignant in its own way as the lyrics for "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". Second thing is, as a result of the number of people who have responded to this thread, I am being exposed to a whole mess'a music that I had been only casually aware of, and so, I'm grateful for that!

Yes, indeed, Hank Williams' sorrowful voice sure does send those lyrics to a place in the heart that is dark, seemingly hopeless, and final. In fact, his misery sounds so complete that it's almost suicidal.

And yet, you say you find a comfort in it! Could it be that by comparing your own situation, or state-of-mind, to the song's depressive outlook, that it reminds you to count your blessings? smile

Mr. Fogle, thank you for posting these lyrics-you-wish-you-had-written!

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Songwriting
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Loren

This is a favourite of mine.
I like it because the lyrics seem a little bit crazy and outline the story without filling in too much.

Hello, RichMac...

Boy, is there ever a lot to like about these lyrics for "Gun Street Girl"!

The free-verse, almost rhymeless word structure gives the song a spoken-word quality, which in turn caused this listener to imagine that I was absorbing a colorful (if somewhat violently-imaged) tall-tale being spun by some gruff, seen-it-all, down-and-outer passing through town on his way to his next cup of coffee and another drunken adventure!

You can smell the old tobacco, breath-warmed whiskey, and feel the subject's survival-tested personality from the beginning to the end of the song.

Thanks for posting these lyrics-you-wish-you-had-written, "RichMac"

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Mine's a little different from what's been posted so far. There are a lot of loud, raucous songs i really like and make get on the dance floor and make a fool of myself - and I have fun doing it. But I'm a sucker for a heartbreaking, tear jerking song. And this is my favorite as it never fails to touch me.

What I like so much about this song is that no matter who or what you are, you're not immune to heartbreak. And regardless of how much money you have, the position you hold, or how strong you are, your heart is always vulnerable beyond your ability to protect it. The innocence of the lyric reminds us how fragile we are beneath our public facade.

There were two fairly big hits with it that I'm aware of: Carlene Carter and Jessica Andrews. The song was written by Carlene Carter's keyboard player, Denmont Tench. This is my wife, Di, singing it in a simple video. It's very close to the Jessicas Andrews rendition.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c0857893b

"Unbreakable Heart"

An empty room a broken fairytale
A hollow girl with empty arms
From an angels tears God made the stars
Why can't He make me an unbreakable heart
In my blue world you shone like heavens fire
And left me cryin' in the dark
How could anyone be so hard
Did you think I had an unbreakable heart

I suppose I should know
Sometimes love just comes and goes
But I believed foolish me
Wed go on and on

One day someone will come to you
And rock you tightly in her arms
Please remember this when you drop your guard
Nobody has an unbreakable heart
From an angels wings to a fallen star
God makes everything but unbreakable hearts

(c) Benmont Tench

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent to once again hear a song with Di singing. Thanks for sharing that Al.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Thank you, Jim. I have about 200 videos in this simple video format of her singing plus over a thousand audio only recordings by her.

This song touches me in so many ways and her voice, in my opinion, is perfect for it. Unfortunately, her health is so bad now she doesn't have enough energy to make all the way through a song. She took one of my very favorite songs and made it so very special. Glad you enjoyed it. Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 12/05/18 04:15 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
Busted flat in baton rouge

what a line Cliff

Songwriting
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Al-David
This is my wife, Di, singing it in a simple video.

Dear Alan...

This is the first time I ever heard you singing, Ms. Di. As soon as you opened her mouth (and heart) to sing "Unbreakable Heart", I was silenced, immediately and awesomely. How clear, how expressive, how emotionally affecting your voice is! I felt deep down in my soul every word of those heart-breaking lyrics. I wished someone had been present with me as I listened to you, so I could tell them urgently, "Hey! Hey, you all, pipe down, and then get yourselves in here and listen to this woman sing!"

Thank you, thank you, Ms. Di, for this lovely, lovely Christmas gift that you gave to this thread. God bless you, and keep you, too.

Alan, the lyrics are so imaginative in the they illuminate the subject of the song -- broken hearts -- that they could soothe the pain of any heart-broken soul who read them:

"From an angels tears God made the stars..."

"In my blue world you shone like heavens fire..."

Those words assembled with such undeniable inspiration crystallize so much feeling that they made me sit still with my eyes closed so my heart could see what they were saying.

Thank you, Alan and Ms. Di, for enriching my evening with this song. I hope that you two have a warm, memorable, nostalgic and spiritually meaningful Christmas and New Year smile.

Most sincerely,

LOREN

Songwriting
Expert
Expert

Chris
Songwriting
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: sinbad
Anything by Billy Joel, for example

Dear "sinbad"...

Yes, certainly Billy Joel wrote some memorable lyrics! If you read and listen closely to the lyrics for "Just the Way You Are"...

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

... you may agree with me that what makes these simple words work so well with the music, is that he seems to be describing an actual person. That's how intimate they sound. You could imagine him singing the song to a person who is in his actual presence.

No wonder the song was a favorite of grooms and brides all over the world! Thank you for posting such memorable lyrics-you-wish-you-had-written, "sinbad".

Sincerely,

LOREN

Songwriting
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Listened to a very wide variety of music this past week and two artists whose lyrics make me laugh always, are Junior Brown, and the punk rock band Art Brut.

Simple stuff and straight to the funny bone. Wish I could pull that off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfdn00mXsmU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHsFuvvXPFE&feature=youtu.be&list=PLpNtTug56iqFVmGZhaxCAImA8lMJEQ_WZ

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195