Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
I
iSDA Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hello,

is there any known limitations about using the Steinberg YAMAHA USB ASIO driver in BIAB 2009?

When I select it in "Audio Settings" I receive the following errors:

""YAMAHA STEINBERG USB ASIO" ASIO driver is not connected, so audio output will be silent" (the first time I select the driver in the menu)

from then on when I select the Steinberg driver I receive directly the message "GetChannels failed".

All my music programs (notation, DAW etc.) are working fine with this driver.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Stefano

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefano,

Welcome to the forums.

If the ASIO driver is relatively new compared to your 10 year old version of BIAB, it's possible that there could be issues. Are your other programs that work with this driver as old as your version of BIAB?

ASIO is highly individual when it comes to drivers and what works in one case does not always work in another case. Because of this, it would be difficult for BIAB developers to write program code in 2009 that can anticipate what might be happening in 2019.

Do you need to use ASIO with BIAB? If not, use MME as your audio driver. MME will work with stability (the output sound will be identical). (It's what I use and have been doing so since 2006.)

The advantage of ASIO relates to reducing lag time for recording and for synch'ing an external instrument to the program. If neither of these situations apply to you then there is no need for you to use ASIO.

ASIO4ALL is a freeware driver that imitates ASIO and works comfortably with BIAB. If you need ASIO, this would be worth trying.

Hope this helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
I'm having the same problem.

I'm currently using the Yamaha Steinberg driver 1.30.3 to use with my Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface. Band in a box v2019 intermittently displays the warning 'YAMAHA STEINBERG USB ASIO" ASIO driver is not connected' and no audio is produced.

This is becoming very annoying when using BIAB, I don't know if its the driver at fault or BIAB, as the OP said all other programs like Cubase etc. have no problems with this driver.

Glen

Intel i7 3770K @ 3.50Ghz, 16GB Ram, Windows 10 64-bit, BIAB 2024 UltraPak, Cubase 13 Pro, Yamaha Genos 2 Arranger Keyboard.
Veteran
Veteran
Stefano, just checking, do you have BIAB 2009, or was that a typo?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello,
I'm having the same problem with my Yamaha steinberg UR242,??????

W
Expert
Expert
W
I'm also using that. Thanks for the warning. I will not update before that has been fixed.

Will

Expert
Expert
Latest version is indeed Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.3, (Mac: Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.2)
Supported hardware: CI1, CI2, CI2+, UR12, UR22, UR22mkII, UR28M, UR242, UR44, UR824, UR-RT2, UR-RT4

Maybe try an older version? Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers F

I
iSDA Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Sorry eek You're right it was a typo...it's 2019 just bought!

I
iSDA Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks,

sorry it was a typo, I've got the 2019 version.

What I've described happens with bbw.exe (32 bit) version. However if a try to use ASIO4ALL I'm able to use the audio interface embedded in my MOX8 YAMAHA keyboard.

With the 64 version of bbw64 (bb64.exe), in addition to forementioned errors my audio interface it is not visible at all and I can use only the WAS or MME audio driver.

Do you think it's an expected behaviour?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello all, in realband the asio driver of my steinberg UR242 works very well in 16 bits or 32 bits, we can even adjust these parameters, I think that the problem comes from the frequency of sampling that BIAB 2019 refuses to take in count, in BIAB 2019 my asio is 44.1kz, 32 bits, I can not set it on 16 bits, the problem may be from this setting
sorry for my english because I use a translator
cordially

Veteran
Veteran
Alain, I’m not at a PC but I would like to double-check your last thought about not being able to change the sample rate. Yes, I think 32-bit is a problem.

Even if you can’t get to it in Steinberg software, did you try this? In BIAB, Preferences, Audio, make sure to set driver to ASIO, then click on the button under it which says something like ASIO Control Panel. This should allow you to select 16-bit.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
I
iSDA Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Ok,

I've asked (and received) for a refund for BIAB 2019 and reinstalled BIAB 2017.

BIAB 2017 works fine without any problem with the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same exact problem using the ASIO driver for my Steinberg UR22. In fact, I just installed an updated driver two days ago to troubleshoot another issue I was having with BIAB. Currently, I have to use the MME setting to get it to work, but it doesn't matter to me as long as I can hear it produce music.

I'm hoping for a fix, soon, as well, but these initial bugs take time to figure out. There is no way that software engineers can predict how their programs will work on every possible combination of computer and audio interface, etc. Not that I don't get impatient, just like everyone else! But the few times I have spoken with someone from PG Music on a technical issue, they were all very knowledgeable and helpful.

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.
Expert
Expert
try the latest BIAB update, 608, some ASIO stuff has been fixed ..
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511571&gonew=1#UNREAD

Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Fiddler2007!

I don't know about the others who've had this problem, but I have already installed the 608 update, and these ASIO difficulties still persist.

I'm not sure but what it may also be why clicking on the mixer or soloing a track will cause the whole song to momentarily stop, then resume.

That is a problem that I have and I've heard others mention it as well. I have reported both of these issues to one of the PC Music technical staff. So we're probably going to have another update in the works, shortly, I hope.

Unfortunately, for me, it pretty well makes BIAB unusable at the present time.

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.
Expert
Expert
Well, on a laptop you have probably a limited amount of USB controllers ... i invested a year ago on a Sonnet Allegro 4 controller card since i had occasional USB problems with an RME UFXii. Never regretted it. BTW you could remove old remaining USB drivers with USBdeview, a handy tool ..... there's also a heap of settings regarding USB to consider, search here and you'll find some to check. F

Apprentice
Apprentice
Fiddler2007,

I guess I didn't explain things very well. Sorry.

I'm not having trouble with any USB ports OR my Steinberg UR22. It works fine with all other audio software, like Cakewalk, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, etc. Gives me great sound for videos on YouTube and Vimeo.

The problem is that BIAB 2019 refuses to connect to the ASIO driver for Steinberg. (BTW, it also refuses to connect to the ASIO driver for a Behringer UMC404HD audio interface... which works fine on all my other audio apps as well.)

This is true for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. So that's why I have to use the MME driver. And it is also why I speculated that the ASIO problem was related to the other problems of the sound cutting out when clicking on the mixer or other areas of the program. (I could be totally wrong on this...it's just a guess. But it would be great if 2 problems could be solved with one solution! lol)

Anyway, I'm hoping that Kent or Blake or someone whom I've spoken to is working on these issues. I'm sure someone is.

Thanks!

Jim

Expert
Expert
Well, i worked with 2018 until 607 came out, mainly for audio issues like vague distortion on transpose and inability to import a second chunk of pure natural 44.1 16kHz cheese .... Voicemeeter banana i tried once, worked ok but too much latency.

As i guess you need the Yamaha USB driver then, latest: Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.3
Old UR22 driver: V1.7.1, UR22 Mk2: V1.9.4: older UR22 drivers

There were 2 versions of 1.9.4, 32bit and 64 bit: 1.9.4 PDF

Any chances of trying older versions or even another USB brand interface for a while? Are there any UR22 users on this forum?
Also check this out, as there seem to be a few UR22 versions: UR series forum

PM Ed Doll, helpful guy with some issues with Steinberg's older software licensing and a hardware problem regarding an old Nuendo (RMR) TDIF interface. F

G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
I'm having the same problems with a Roland UA25-EX - this was sine with BIAB 2017 but not working with ASIO in 2019.

Regards
Graham
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fiddler2007,

I do have the latest Yamaha/Steinberg driver 1.10.3, and I have also tried a different brand of interface (Behringer) as I mentioned in my last post. I have NO problems using these with anything other than BIAB, so I'm pretty sure that's where the problem is.

Jim

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,166
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184