Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, so you've been using BIAB to create backing tracks for solo gigs. The question of how to deliver the trax arises occasionally. Here are a few old ways, plus a new one I just discovered (at the end)

1) some people use a laptop and deliver the tracks directly from BIAB or their DAW of preference.

Advantages of using BIAB or a DAW:
... BIAB is made to emulate live players by making changes on the fly.
... with BIAB or RB You have little/no extra processing to do to your files
... with BIAB or RB you can use jukebox in conjunction with a USB foot pedal for hands free operation
... with any DAW you can embed MIDI commands in the file to control gear (assuming your gear is MIDI controllable)
... you can set the song up to include lyrics, chords, sheet music etc... hands free

Disadvantages of using BIAB or a DAW
... requires a computer, and all the setup time associated with that. In venues like open mic where people move on and off the stage very quickly, a computer based deliver would be impractical

2) some people use a tablet, MP3 player or phone to deliver MP3s

Advantages of tablets and phones:
... they are highly portable
... you probably already have one
... there are all sorts of accessories available for mounting them to a mic stand etc
... with some tablet apps you can view chords, lyrics or sheet music
... would work well in venues where you had very little time to set up

Disadvantages:
... no hands free operation that I'm aware of
... depending on app used, probably can't use MIDI to control gear

3) I just discovered that you can use Looping pedals for this purpose too... and the Digitech JamMan Stereo has some useful features:

Advantages:

... if you play guitar, the JamMan fits nicely on your pedal board
... If you don't play guitar, it's small and easy to bring on stage
... it sets up as easily as any pedal
... it stores files in high quality WAV format
... it has stereo outputs in case you want to route L and R to different PA speakers
... the pedal has 4 buttons: PLAY, STOP, NEXT SONG, PREV SONG, which makes delivery totally hands free
... accepts an SD card to allow 16 hours of playback time (or 198 songs, whichever comes first)
... if you like looping pedals, it can also be used that way
... it allows direct recording of songs, or use of a library program that stores and rearranges songs on the unit
... If you prefer stomp boxes, this approach to delivering trax is most compatible with what you already do.

Disadvantages:

... no way to use MIDI to change patches or effects on MIDI compliant gear.
... no way to display sheet music or lyrics

DIGITECH JAM MAN STEREO

Last edited by Pat Marr; 12/15/18 02:13 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
IF, and that's a huge if, I was going to play live again. I would absolutely play WAV files from a tablet and play whatever instrument the song calls for me to play along with it. If you build your sound files correctly, there is no need to play them back in RB. Do your mixing at home. I have had people tell me "Oh, the room changes the sound" and all that yada yada, but no, it doesn't change it enough to matter. This isn't Red Rocks or Hollywood Bowl you are playing with your solo or duo glorified karaoke show, right?

One argument to that is that someone makes a request and you have to scratchpad it out on the fly. Not an issue for me. Unless they are delivering that request in a Masarati to the home they just bought me, Eddie don' do no requests. Eddie will do 85% original music, 15% old classic country covers. (I Fall To Pieces, in a medley with I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You that I call "I Can't Help It If I Still Fall To Pieces", Cold Cold Heart, Old Flames and Old Habits connected, titled "Old Flaming Habits". And oh yes, my CDs are for sale over to my right. I'll even sign the cover for you!

I DO like that idea of using the loop pedal to record, but I wonder about at what level of fidelity it records. Have you actually done this, Pat? Does it sound as good as high sample rate WAV files? I will have to follow your link and read up on that. Besides it's an opportunity to buy a new toy.

Edit: I just did a quick scan of the specs and it appears to use an SD card for storage, so logic says I could record in my studio, dump to an SD, stick that SD in the Looper and just play back data that I know has the fidelity of what I recorded, and just use it as a dedicated playback device. That's kind of what you described. In fact that's exactly what you described. So, the next step in the logic path is whether I would invest $250 for something that would be used as a playback tool, but for nothing else (at least to me), or just use the iPad I already have. Not a level playing field though because everybody has different stuff, methods, and specific end game. As it is I will have days of experimenting and learning how to use the Boss VE-2 harmonizer I just bought to sing harmony for me.

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/15/18 08:17 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

I DO like that idea of using the loop pedal to record, but I wonder about at what level of fidelity it records. Have you actually done this, Pat? Does it sound as good as high sample rate WAV files? I will have to follow your link and read up on that.

I have done it. Obviously, playback quality varies with the speakers and device used for amplification. It sounds different through a guitar amp than it does through a PA or the computer's speakers. The ad says "CD quality", which I believe is 16 bit, not 24 bit. But a 16 bit WAV should sound better than the average MP3.

Quote:
Besides it's an opportunity to buy a new toy.

exactly my thinking, Eddie... new toys.. Christmas time.. it all works together to keep the old guys entertained ;-)

Quote:
Edit: I just did a quick scan of the specs and it appears to use an SD card for storage, so logic says I could record in my studio, dump to an SD, stick that SD in the Looper and just play back data that I know has the fidelity of what I recorded, and just use it as a dedicated playback device. That's kind of what you described. In fact that's exactly what you described. So, the next step in the logic path is whether I would invest $250 for something that would be used as a playback tool, but for nothing else (at least to me), or just use the iPad I already have. Not a level playing field though because everybody has different stuff, methods, and specific end game. As it is I will have days of experimenting and learning how to use the Boss VE-2 harmonizer I just bought to sing harmony for me.

Regarding the price of $250: I rarely buy music toys at full price. There are just too many kids who buy stuff with daddy's money, then sell it later for a pittance to get cash for the latest video game. Especially looper pedals... lots of people buy them because they look cool, then they quickly realize that looping is a one trick pony that can go bad very quickly and make them look stupid on stage. Find one on Craig's list and make a lowball offer. Chances are the seller just wants to unload it because he isn't thinking outside the box enough to see that the device has a much more interesting use than looping.

side note: the Jam Man supports an SD card, but as a separate purchase. Another side benefit of buying one on Craigs list or ebay is that the previous owner might have already added the SD card, and you basically get it for free.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
another benefit:

in the past I have learned songs, and practiced my parts at the computer (sitting down)

Then when I get to band practice or the gig, my muscle memory is confused, because now I'm standing up (maybe not a big deal for other people, but it has been my experience that practicing in the same posture as I'll be playing makes a big difference in repeatability)

The Jam Man makes it very easy to put a bunch of practice songs in order, and step through them while standing in front of my pedal board. That way I can also practice the repetitive motions of stomping on pedals in a timely manner. That might seem like something that doesn't need practice, but to this ol' man every action needs to be choreographed in order to flow seamlessly later on stage. Any pause or moment of confusion throws me a curve that I might not recover from.

So, I'm finding this device to be useful and easy to use. Even if I don't play gigs, its good for recreational practice.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
If you build your sound files correctly, there is no need to play them back in RB. Do your mixing at home.

I have to offer a side note to this. When I use RB on a laptop, I DO mix everything down in advance. But there is something to be gained by streaming from a sequencing program: MIDI control of all your gear. It's like having a dedicated sound man.

When I just use stomp boxes, I have to keep notes about the settings and make manual changes between songs...adjusting gain, EQ, reverb, Key for harmonizers, amount of reverb etc etc. There's lots of opportunity to miss something or get it wrong.

With MIDI, you can take all the time you need to get all the settings right once, then save the settings with the sequence. Forever after, all the changes happen magically without me ever having to look down, find the right pedal in a sea of pedalboard madness, and stomp it at exactly the right moment.

I don't mind complication when I have time to think about it leisurely... but on stage I really do like things to happen automatically... and with perfect timing.

Midi can also control stage lighting if you like that sort of thing (I don't)

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Goodness.All that!
I just have my finished backing tracks on my mp3 player which is in a holder clipped to the mic stand.The cable goes back to the PA mixer.Running order is preset.Any changes can be done on the fly just by pressing Up or Down.It wont play the next one until Im ready and press the little button on the front. :-)
Wendy

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Off-Topic
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Then when I get to band practice or the gig, my muscle memory is confused, because now I'm standing up (maybe not a big deal for other people, but it has been my experience that practising in the same posture as I'll be playing makes a big difference in repeatability)

Hi Pat,

To someone who is just starting out, that is just SUCH good advice. Many years ago I taught this guy to play guitar until
he was good enough to perform. He was offered a place in a band and it was only when he got to the first rehearsal that he realised
he didn't have a strap. Someone lent him a strap and then he discovered that he couldn't play standing up! I've also seen people who've
rehearsed without a mic, have problems when they can't look at their hands and keep on-mic at the same time.

Hope the gigs are going well. Do you still find time to animate?

Cheers, ROG.

Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I use Cakewalk to mix BIAB backing tracks, then export as AIFF files to play through my iPad.

I use Onsong on the iPad to see my chord charts and trigger the tracks, which run in sync with the scroll function.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Then when I get to band practice or the gig, my muscle memory is confused, because now I'm standing up (maybe not a big deal for other people, but it has been my experience that practising in the same posture as I'll be playing makes a big difference in repeatability)

Hi Pat,

To someone who is just starting out, that is just SUCH good advice. Many years ago I taught this guy to play guitar until
he was good enough to perform. He was offered a place in a band and it was only when he got to the first rehearsal that he realised
he didn't have a strap. Someone lent him a strap and then he discovered that he couldn't play standing up! I've also seen people who've
rehearsed without a mic, have problems when they can't look at their hands and keep on-mic at the same time.

That sounds like my own learning curve!

Quote:
Hope the gigs are going well. Do you still find time to animate?

Cheers, ROG.

I stopped accepting gigs a while ago because my fingers were splitting, which made it too painful to play guitar solos. I had a couple of gigs in a row where the finger tips were split and bleeding, but I tried to bluff my way through anyway. It was embarrassing to play badly so I pulled up the brakes hoping to resolve the issue with my fingers. Diet helps somewhat. They are good enough now that I am gearing up again to play.

I have time to animate, I just don't do it. In time I'll get back to it, but lately I've been more interested in other things.

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Goodness.All that!
I just have my finished backing tracks on my mp3 player which is in a holder clipped to the mic stand.The cable goes back to the PA mixer.Running order is preset.Any changes can be done on the fly just by pressing Up or Down.It wont play the next one until Im ready and press the little button on the front. :-)
Wendy
This is similar to what I use, a SONY MP3/WAV digital player/recorder about eight years old. But yours sounds like the controls are more foolproof. Sometimes when I perform at a show the sound person pushes the play button. Some of them have trouble doing this (don't say it). What model MP3 player are you using?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I wouldn't use a sequencing program to play live BECAUSE of the tracks that offer variables, where a prerecorded WAV never changes, notes never hang, etc. Plus I am lazy and if I can walk in with a mixer, 2 powered speakers and an iPad, I am happy. A guitar, a keyboard, a mic, a stand, and a bag of cables. One trip on a dolly. Boom.

All moot though since my plans are that I will never play live again. I just want to write songs.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I agree with Pat about Craig's List. Don't overlook DJ equipment there as well. My Son in law gave me some gear when he sold off his DJ business and one piece was hardware single rack sonic enhancer with bass boost that I don't recall the brand and model at the moment but can get the info off the unit if anyone is interested. It creates and restores harmonics to MP3 files and it does up the sound quality at a noticeable level.

The other unit is a dedicated dual SD player. It has big buttons and knobs designed to be used in the dark environment of live gigs. The model I have is discontinued (except for places like ---- Craig's List) but here is the old web page description.

American Audio SD/1 Dual SD Card Player

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I do a few solo gigs at senior homes and I use a Jam Man. Here's what I do.

I play standards from the 30's through the 60's. The gig lasts an hour, so I don't need as many songs as some of you would. I have the song order set and I don't have to take requests. I create the songs on BB and mix them to the looper.

I run two outs from the looper to two channels on my mixer. I could just as easily make it one channel.

The SD cards work great. Also, having the looper and being able to change songs with my foot (Loop Up)allows me to keep eye contact with the audience.

If I had to do 3 or 4 hours and take requests, I would do it with a tablet or laptop. But the looper is more convenient than hunting for the next song. And I don't have to take my hands off my guitar or turn around.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As you know Pat, I mix all my backing tracks at home in a DAW, save as a WAV file, compress as a high quality mp3 file, and use a laptop on stage.

1. Finished songs vs BiaB: Although BiaB plays the track differently every time it has a lot of ragged endings and if you can't add song specific licks to a BiaB track very easily
  2. WAV or mp3 files vs live synth tracks: With WAV or mp3 files there is less to go wrong on the gig. Two computers loaded with your audio files and your gig is fail-safe.
  3. Laptop vs tablet or iPod type player: With a laptop, the keyboard is always present so calling up the next song on the spur of the moment is instant. Type a couple or few letters, hit enter and the song starts. If the dance floor is full and I need another fast one, a 5 second delay between songs is too long. With the keyboard always present, I can go to the next song instantly.
  4. MP3 vs WAV files: I back up my almost 600 backing tracks to the cloud. 192mbps mp3 files take about 10 minutes to upload, WAV take forever. Plus they take up much less room than WAV files in the cloud. But the cloud is an off-site backup. There is a lot of work in my backing tracks, if a fire, tsunami, tornado or whatever happens at my home, all my work won't be lost.

Many years ago, I used to feed sequences on the gig into a rack of hardware synths. This worked fine until one of the synths failed on the gig. Software synths can crash too. Fortunately as long as I didn't touch the rack of synths, the synth would work, if it got jarred it would boot up again, reading samples from a floppy disk.

That's when I went computer with mp3 files on a laptop. Since 2002 I've had 2 computer failures and I gig for a living. In both cases I switched the USB->AUDIO interface to the always up and running spare computer and continued the gig without a glitch.

There is more than one right way to do this, and since gigging as a duo with my own generated backing tracks since 1985, this is the way that works best for me.

More details on how I make the tracks and use them on stage can be accessed here:
http://www.nortonmusic.com/backing_tracks.html

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Some great comments in this thread! The best solution is the simplest one that meets all of your specific needs, as the various replies illustrate.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 2bSolo
I do a few solo gigs at senior homes and I use a Jam Man. Here's what I do.

I play standards from the 30's through the 60's. The gig lasts an hour, so I don't need as many songs as some of you would. I have the song order set and I don't have to take requests. I create the songs on BB and mix them to the looper.

I run two outs from the looper to two channels on my mixer. I could just as easily make it one channel.

The SD cards work great. Also, having the looper and being able to change songs with my foot (Loop Up)allows me to keep eye contact with the audience.

If I had to do 3 or 4 hours and take requests, I would do it with a tablet or laptop. But the looper is more convenient than hunting for the next song. And I don't have to take my hands off my guitar or turn around.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

2b

Hey, 2B... glad to hear that somebody else has discovered the Jam Man as a delivery device for trax! Based on the manual, they clearly had this use in mind when they designed the product. I find it interesting that I couldn't find ANY youtube videos showing the product being used for any purpose other than real-time loop creation. I'm curious to know how you made the decision to use a looping pedal in this way.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
The JamMan Stereo Looper is certainly a quality. The specifications are of high level: the 24-bit conversion and the sampling frequency at 44.1kHz are a guarantee. The SD memory card extends the possibilities of the JamMan Stereo

24 bit yep

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi all

If you normally lug around any 19” rack gear you might want to consider something like this that I have just bought.
Cost £169 in uk from DV 247 also avl on amazon etc.
This is a 1u 19” rack digital Audio recorder records direct to SD card or usb stick,
I use this for external rendering of my biab when I am using external synths or my Yamaha Clavinover .
You could use this to play your backing tracks direct from SD or USB sorted into sets as continues play of a folder is allowed be it a hidden command (there are a few of them)
Product description
The DRP-1 from Gemini is a standalone digital rackmountable recorder that allows you to record and playback from one convenient device. Its single rackspace design ensures discreet integration into your rack setup, making this handy recording device ideal for DJs, musicians, bars, clubs, schools, houses of worship and anywhere else high-quality audio recording is a must. The DRP-1 is also great for front-of-house applications, even as a backup recorder for the most sophisticated FOH setups.

For true recording versatility, the DRP-1 features a USB port and SD card slot, allowing you to record directly to a thumb drive or memory card. And to ensure your file format suits your specific recording needs, the DRP-1 gives you the option to record in a variety of MP3 formats or in WAV at 44.1kHz/16-bit. For added flexibility, you can also choose to record in Stereo or Mono mode. And once your recording is complete, it's easy to download the file to your PC or Mac - just use the included USB cable to connect the DRP-1 to your computer, or simply eject your media storage device and hook it up to your computer directly.

To ensure total connecting convenience, the DRP-1 has a host of inputs and outputs, allowing you to hook up microphones, keyboards and other electronic instruments with ease. Or, if you're recording a full band, go direct from your mixer and capture true soundboard audio. On the back, the unit features a stereo RCA line input, stereo RCA line output, XLR/¼-inch combo mic input and balanced XLR outputs. On the front, the recorder provides ¼-inch stereo line inputs, a ¼-inch mic input and a ¼-inch headphone jack with dedicated volume control.

Navigating through files and folders on the DRP-1 is easy thanks to its large, bright full-color LCD screen and Search jog wheel. During recording, the display screen indicates information like file format, track time, file number and amount of space left on the SD card.
Just a thought

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
drp1.jpg (79.41 KB, 146 downloads)
drp2.jpg (79.41 KB, 145 downloads)
Last edited by Mike Head; 12/16/18 06:57 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If you battle with remembering chords and lyrics (like me) another option is to use your the Wav files rendered from biab or whatever daw and make play along karaoke style mp4 video files with scrolling chords and lyrics.

You can then copy these over to your phone or iPad and mount that on your mic stand. Then you have everything you need at your fingers right in front of you.

My YouTube channel has hundreds of these types of videos and people absolutely love them... they do take quite a bit of setup work though so if you have a huge repertoire or are doing some live jamming then it won’t suit you. I am also not sure if the sound quality of the mp4 files matches up to the other methods mentioned here.
J

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Pat,I was playing in a duo. I was playing bass lines on my 7 string but my partner wanted me to take some leads and keep the bass line going. I had always been intrigued by loopers and I had a little extra cash, so I thought this would work.

That duo fell apart. When I started doing senior homes, the Jam Man was the easiest way for me to take my backing tracks. It works better than the BB Jukebox function and it is easier to find songs if I preset the order. That's how I did it.

You can put a bunch of songs on SD and you have some memory on the unit itself for requests you know you are going to get. I carry a list of song locations in my song book in case anyone wants something I hadn't planned on.

One other thing is that I don't have to squint at a screen to find my next song and I don't have to take my hands off my guitar.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200