Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#510053 12/16/18 07:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
How deep the river runs

This is probably the last song from us this year, the next song will probably be created using BIAB 2019, I should have it by then smile

How deep the river runs (2018, Christiane Spruit)

V1) Fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
I fall so deep
hearing the sirens
trying to find my way back home, into my dreams

V2)At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, taking my tears
between the truth and lies
trying to raise against the tide
how deep the river runs

Chorus:
Run run river run
in the old familiar ways
in the hope for me to stay
and in hope for a better day
run run run and I know the time will come
finding my way back home
no matter how deep the river runs

V3) I fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, and take my tears

Chorus

outro vamp: no matter how, how deep the river runs

The band:

RealDrums in style: BluesMondaySw8^01-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Sidestick, Ride
RealTracks in style: 564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065

Guitar tracks (three) are from me.

Mixed with reaper with plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with ozone 8 and LMC.

Still tweaking the mix a little, I'll add a soundcloud link when I'm done.

EDIT: Uploaded to soundcloud, (if Floyd Jane says the mix is good, the mix is good! smile ) here: soundcloud link

Note, the sound is better on the revebnation link at the top of the page

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 12/17/18 03:44 AM. Reason: added soundcloud link
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Anyway, always great music from you. Awesome job.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Caaron said that nicely. I agree with it all....

The write here is really well done. It flows. Naturally. Nothing "forced"...

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

Your guitar works is exceptional. Love that tone! You make that thing SING.

(You can stop tweaking. It sounds GREAT!)

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dave / Chris

Excellent blues in every way. Great overall sound, one of the best uses of the organ tracks I've heard.
Lovely vocals, complemented by your guitar. Nice subtle solo with some nice vibrato at the start.
A wonderful blues song.

Peter

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

Why just piggyback on one quote when I can piggyback on two? I agree.....wonderful music here, SWEEEET guitar, SWEEEET vocals, great mix! ! Pure class!!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

Hi Misha!

Not perfect, but as close I can get it for now anyway.

Thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

Thanks for the listen and positive comments, Herb, it is appreciated smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Excellent song; great vocal and sueper organ.

Really great performance.

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Chris & Dave,

Dang, I was sure I commented on this yesterday as I listened. Guess not - man, life takes funny turns once you pass seventy! I remember that page and whispered "Wow, great presentation page!".

What a great blues tune and Chris just owns it. I love listening to her sing. And that guitar of yours doesn't have a bad or uninspiring note on it. I'm in awe of your playing, as I am with Chris' vocal. This is such a great tune. Should be heard all over the public airways. best to both of you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave / Chris,

One of the best blues infused numbers I have heard on this forum... This has all the elements of a classic blues-pop song. Some awesome guitar playing and a tremendous vocal.

Simply outstanding!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Thanks very much HTL, that means a lot!

And, isn't it about time you posted a new one? I still remember the drums on that last one you did, would be good to hear that again I think smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Superb you two!

We'll let this one reside on top of our BlueAttitude favs for a while...yeah they are ALL favs of ours.

Chris' lyric, melody and vocal are outstanding. AND, man, the way you complement the vocal with your guitar work is amazing. Even without the context of the vocal it would be outstanding but we hear a lot of work that just nails the FEEL of the song...not every good guitar player does that.

And the mix is to my ears as good as it gets. I love our KRK monitors and when I hear something like this I know why!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Dave! Another fantastic tune from you and Chris! And might I also mention, what a great blues player you are! I am impressed every time I listen to your playing and tone! Another great vocal performance by Chris and a great write from her! As I listened I realized that we have some awesome music presented here on the forum and you are key contributor! Keep on rockin'!! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

Yes, reverbnation always sounds much better IMHO.

Thanks for the continued support, Robert, and all the best to you and yours for the holiday!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

Thanks for the listen and comments, I'm happy you liked this one!

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Dave!

I don't get on the forum as much as I would like, but today while looking for info on my 2019 install, I ran across a reference to your song(s).

Man! Am I glad I did! This song is radio-ready and should be played where everyone can hear it! I love this song. Fantastic guitar work (I'm extremely jealous, because my guitar playing will never reach that level!), great organ sound, and Chris' superb vocals. Wow, you have a real winner here.

I take it that this is part of an album you're making? If so, I'd really like to get a copy when it's done.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your song and appreciate all the effort you and Chris put into it!

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Super.

fj

Thanks very much, Floyd! I always enjoy reading your comments, and so does Chris.

To answer your question about the organ, for the last little while I've been using the Scheps Omni Channel plugin on them, I got it for $29 a while back. It is a very complicated plugin and I haven't taken the time to really learn all the things it can do, but it has a "hammond" preset that sounds great without any tweaks. I typically also send output from the organ track to my master reverb buss too.

I see you have a new one up, don't have time to give it the listen it deserves at the moment but I'll be along later on today to give it a spin cool

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Dave,

a very, very nice tune. Great vocals as well as a very cool guitar job (love the sound , too). A perfect backing track (love that B3 RT anyway...) and INHO the mix is perfect. A truly great production.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice

the mix and feel are so good

great vocals, great guitar, cool song

Merry Christmas,

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great sounding blues. The melody and lyrics flow naturally like a river. Your mix and vocals sound better than ever. And the guitar playing is perfect as always. Very imagery story.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave / Chris

Excellent blues in every way. Great overall sound, one of the best uses of the organ tracks I've heard.
Lovely vocals, complemented by your guitar. Nice subtle solo with some nice vibrato at the start.
A wonderful blues song.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave and Chris, you really hit the mark with this one! The organ was great and the rest of band perfect. Great guitar work and the lyrics and vocals were some your best Chris. Dave the mix sounds clean with nice separation to me. Nothing I would change. I really really enjoyed it all, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi dave and cris great production really engaging blues well done thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Super.

fj

Why just piggyback on one quote when I can piggyback on two? I agree.....wonderful music here, SWEEEET guitar, SWEEEET vocals, great mix! ! Pure class!!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! All the best to you and yours for the holiday smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Every now and then, someone posts a track that sounds like it came right off an album. It does everything right, and sounds like a million bucks went into the production.

This is one of them.

My first thought was Man, this is really good. Then came the guitar solo. Not to detract from that fabulous singing, but wow.

So. Good! All of it - production, vocals, instruments, writing. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Excellent song; great vocal and sueper organ.

Really great performance.

Sergio

Thanks for the listen and comment, Sergio!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Chris & Dave,

Dang, I was sure I commented on this yesterday as I listened. Guess not - man, life takes funny turns once you pass seventy! I remember that page and whispered "Wow, great presentation page!".

What a great blues tune and Chris just owns it. I love listening to her sing. And that guitar of yours doesn't have a bad or uninspiring note on it. I'm in awe of your playing, as I am with Chris' vocal. This is such a great tune. Should be heard all over the public airways. best to both of you.

Alan

Cheers, Alan!

And hey, I've heard the way you can play. You don't need to be in awe of anyone!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

One of the best blues infused numbers I have heard on this forum... This has all the elements of a classic blues-pop song. Some awesome guitar playing and a tremendous vocal.

Simply outstanding!

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Looking forward to hearing more of your music next year!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Superb you two!

We'll let this one reside on top of our BlueAttitude favs for a while...yeah they are ALL favs of ours.

Chris' lyric, melody and vocal are outstanding. AND, man, the way you complement the vocal with your guitar work is amazing. Even without the context of the vocal it would be outstanding but we hear a lot of work that just nails the FEEL of the song...not every good guitar player does that.

And the mix is to my ears as good as it gets. I love our KRK monitors and when I hear something like this I know why!

J&B

Thanks guys, we had a lot of fun with this one and it came together pretty quickly.

And I'm happy you liked the mix, means a lot coming from you smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wow Dave! Another fantastic tune from you and Chris! And might I also mention, what a great blues player you are! I am impressed every time I listen to your playing and tone! Another great vocal performance by Chris and a great write from her! As I listened I realized that we have some awesome music presented here on the forum and you are key contributor! Keep on rockin'!! Thanks, Torrey

Awesome comments Torrey, thank you! Love your latest, I just gave it a spin.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: James Francisco
Hi Dave!

I don't get on the forum as much as I would like, but today while looking for info on my 2019 install, I ran across a reference to your song(s).

Man! Am I glad I did! This song is radio-ready and should be played where everyone can hear it! I love this song. Fantastic guitar work (I'm extremely jealous, because my guitar playing will never reach that level!), great organ sound, and Chris' superb vocals. Wow, you have a real winner here.

I take it that this is part of an album you're making? If so, I'd really like to get a copy when it's done.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your song and appreciate all the effort you and Chris put into it!

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, this is the last song we needed to have enough for a CD.

My job now is to go back and tweak the mixes on the other 12 songs that will be part of the CD, and I have started to do that. We are hoping to release it early next year. If you go to our website, at the bottom of the page there is a link to subscribe to our mailing list, I'll make an announcement there once it is ready.

Thanks for the interest! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello Dave,

a very, very nice tune. Great vocals as well as a very cool guitar job (love the sound , too). A perfect backing track (love that B3 RT anyway...) and INHO the mix is perfect. A truly great production.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the very nice comments! I process my guitars using the S-Gear amp sim and also use CLA Guitars on them.

Best to you too for the holidays.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Very nice

the mix and feel are so good

great vocals, great guitar, cool song

Merry Christmas,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great sounding blues. The melody and lyrics flow naturally like a river. Your mix and vocals sound better than ever. And the guitar playing is perfect as always. Very imagery story.

Janne

Hi Janne, I spend a lot of time working on the mixes, always trying to improve in that area, so your comments are appreciated! And happy you liked the guitar work too of course smile

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave and Chris, you really hit the mark with this one! The organ was great and the rest of band perfect. Great guitar work and the lyrics and vocals were some your best Chris. Dave the mix sounds clean with nice separation to me. Nothing I would change. I really really enjoyed it all, Tom

Thanks very much, Tom!

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi dave and cris great production really engaging blues well done thanks eric

Thanks for the listen and comments, Eric!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Every now and then, someone posts a track that sounds like it came right off an album. It does everything right, and sounds like a million bucks went into the production.

This is one of them.

My first thought was Man, this is really good. Then came the guitar solo. Not to detract from that fabulous singing, but wow.

So. Good! All of it - production, vocals, instruments, writing. laugh

One of the nicest reviews we have ever received, thanks David!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195