Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The opening piano sounds super with that width. If I was walking down Bourbon St or Beale St or Duval St and I heard this coming out into the street,that is where I would be drinking that night. Janice’s magically intoxicating vocal can just pull you in and not let go till the end. An interesting lyric for a blues song also helps. The mix is pristine and the production skills are on full display. Peter’s guitar playing showcases his tasty fills and warm tone and accents the vocal just right. You all made a really good record here. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Also nice photo! Janice say howdy to that old dog and Heart too. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B and Peter,
The no frills approach you went with works very well. Piano sounds so good, and Peter`s fills are nice and subtle. I like your description of Janice improvising on the melody like a guitarist... a very fine and comfortable improvisor too!
Its a refreshingly different lyric for the style...Floyd already said it- noone around here has more good karma in the bank than you guys!
Love the picture.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Another good one. I love Janice's voice. Good lyrics, too!

Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The Karma Bank - hopefully a Mutual Society!
Nice blues crawl and a wonderful sentiment.
Well done everyone involved.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for inviting me to play on this track, always a privilege.
Love the photo.
Thanks to all for the comments regarding my small part in the project.
And like the song says Merry Christmas.

Peter

Last edited by PeterF; 12/21/18 12:41 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Today is the blues night smile
J&B&P Excellent tune. Karma Savings Bank is open for business!

As David pointed out, everything is very well balanced. I bow to your mixing expertise. Guitar is very smooth and blends in perfectly.

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Yep, Janice keeps the bank open while Bud does his best to keep up smile

Thanks for the positive and supportive review!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Jim
Man, Janice can really sing...
All of you have done a tremendous job on this tune...
I really enjoyed it...
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Thank you Jim and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Fantastic lounge music, loved it.

Janice is one fantastic singer, so smooth and sweet even in a blues song. Peter's guitar fits like a glove, very tasty leads. The backing tracks were spot on and of course your you mix is perfect, as always.

Thanks Mario. Janice is very, very appreciative of your comments on the vocal! And, of course, your supportive remarks regarding the mix means a lot.

Merry Christmas!

J&B

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song!! Fun idea, cleverly executed. Janice knocks the vocal out of the park!! RT sounds great....present, clear, and sweet. Can never go wrong with Peter on the axe!! Really, really cool!!! Merry Xmas to all of you!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this song. Awesome vocal and very cool backtrack. Peters guitar was perfect the song. The song had so much feeling. Loved the picture of you two. Merry Christmas

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Quote:
I envision Janice sitting at the piano singing a little 8 bar blues ditty when a jazz drummer and bass player drop by. Peter sees a light on and comes in for some tasty fills smile Thanks!

This about sums up why it works so well. There is a clear cut vision of what is happening. It's seems real, so it is real. The performers create that via real instruments and knowledge how to make the virtual players work. It takes a man of skill behind a keyboard to make that vision work as well. Otherwise, it ends up sounding like really good musicians in a basement somewhere.

Great job to the three of you for creating something so authentic that I too can picture it. In fact, I picture it no other way now. When I feel like it happened; I believe it did. THAT is powerful. Great job!

It’s hard to express how much we appreciate your remarks. You artfully described exactlly what we had hoped to accomplish. Your validation of our efforts helps make this whole thing worthwhile. Thanks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,
The chord structure must seem simple but the the result is so good and the emotion is present. Christian

Thank you Christian!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, guys !:))

Good Karma shines thru all the way !
I can´t recall having heard anything
so beautiful and beautifully sung
as this masterpiece for a long time! My congrats to
all involved as well as my wish of
a most Merriest of christmases and
hopes for the best of New Years 2019 !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Excellent sound and performance.
Great vocal

very lovely your dog in the picture.

What is his/her name?

Merry Christmas

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Peter,

oh boy, what a lovely heart-warming slow blues song...

I can only repeat it again and again: Janice, the way you sing is not just awesome, it's devine !!!!

And Bud, the whole thing sounds as brilliant as any of your productions - you really know how to turn those knobs...

And, Peter - tasteful as always, I just love your playing.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan. Janice lit up like our Christmas tree when she read your comment about her vocal. And Bud is most appreciative of your mix comments. And he always gives credit to floyd and Tom for their production guidance. And we both thank Peter for adding just the right touch.

Best to you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great pic guys!

love the laid back feel of this

nice write, excellent mix

so good

Merry Christmas

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! And, man, are we loving your song.

Have a great Christmas, New Year and beyond.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob has already said it but you folks make a great trio!! Beautiful Christmas greeting from you with a beautiful tune! A1 vocals, guitar and production (seems I've said that before about your work). You epitomize all the good things that can come from this forum group and I am always impressed with every thing you offer us here! Merry Christmas! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Well, I knew I was going to love this even before I pressed play just based on the power trio involved.

This is seriously good! Love the laid back groove, and the instrumentation is spot on, anything more would have taken away from the feel.

Great tone and subtle licks from Peter, just the perfect approach for the song.

And Janice is .... well, Janice is doing what Janice does! Always a treat to hear her sing.

Killer job on the mix, Bud, listened once though the phones and again through the monitors. And I'll be back to listen again.

All the best to you guys for the holiday!

Dave, we appreciate this and all of the support that you’ve offered through 2018 with your reviews of our productions. Comments like the above keep us at it!

Thanks,

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Oh man is this ever sweet. Great vocals and SUPERB mix.

I think maybe your best mix. Love the drum treatment and the guitar is awesome.

Utter gorgeosity.

smile

Nice photo too!!

I think David said it about as good as can be said. he knows talent and i respect his comments on everybody's songs. And i was thinking much the same as he posted. Simply wonderful by all three of you. Hope 2019 is a sweet year fro all of you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
If there is anyone with karma in the bank...it is definitely y'all!!

It's all been said at least a dozen times already... everything about this is Excellent.

The piano, the drums, the bass all sound good. Peter's guitar work is just what it needs to be - subtle, sweet, soothing.

Janice is the Star that she always is. A Christmas Star this time, I guess smile

Merry Christmas to you all. And Heart, too!! HA! (or HO! HO! HO!)

fj

floyd, thanks for all your support, counsel and kind reviews During 2018 - indeed over the past six years. Our many collabs with you have been a huge part of our musical growth. And, of course, we are happy that you liked this one!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
Oh yeah, love this one guys

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

J&B

Originally Posted By: tommyad
The opening piano sounds super with that width. If I was walking down Bourbon St or Beale St or Duval St and I heard this coming out into the street,that is where I would be drinking that night. Janice’s magically intoxicating vocal can just pull you in and not let go till the end. An interesting lyric for a blues song also helps. The mix is pristine and the production skills are on full display. Peter’s guitar playing showcases his tasty fills and warm tone and accents the vocal just right. You all made a really good record here. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Also nice photo! Janice say howdy to that old dog and Heart too. Tom

Tom, you have mixed some excellent piano RT's and loops so your comment about our piano track is greatly appreciated. And equally appreciated are your remarks about the vocal and the mix. AND, thanks for putting us on those streets!

Janice said howdy to old dog me and Heart appreciated the greeting smile

Best to y'all!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B and Peter,
The no frills approach you went with works very well. Piano sounds so good, and Peter`s fills are nice and subtle. I like your description of Janice improvising on the melody like a guitarist... a very fine and comfortable improvisor too!
Its a refreshingly different lyric for the style...Floyd already said it- noone around here has more good karma in the bank than you guys!
Love the picture.

Robert

Thanks Robert. Yep, that is pretty much always the manner that Janice’s sings blues - either channeling a guitar or a sax smile

I appreciate you mentioning the piano - I wish there were more MST’s. And, yep, Peter’s fills were a perfect complement. Thanks for your support throughout this year and we enjoyed your great run of productions and look forward to more.

J&B

Originally Posted By: rayc
The Karma Bank - hopefully a Mutual Society!
Nice blues crawl and a wonderful sentiment.
Well done everyone involved.

Mutual indeed...

Thank you!!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,457
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195