Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
BiabVST Chord Picker Tool version

This is set for Reaper but can be changed see WindowAHK-ID below.
If it works ok I can make a drop down for DAW choice.
It has not got as many editing functions as the Biab Chord Picker Tool but if they add chord edit to the VST it can be done.
You can change the Tempo with decimal point accuracy at any bar to follow the DAW tempo map with a button,
you can change Time Signature to 4/4 or 3/4 at any bar with a button.

Any problems right click > Run As Administrator

There is a bug in the current vst that will only add a shot hold rest push on a major chord.

AHK Script only
BiabVST Chord Picker Reaper.ahk.zip

32bit exe
BiabVST Chord Picker Reaper x86.zip

64bit exe
BiabVST Chord Picker Reaper x64.zip

WindowAHK-ID finds the window ID of your DAW eg. ahk_exe reaper.exe
Run it and select the DAW window, if you post your DAW ID I will make a script for it.
To diy just replace all instances of ahk_exe reaper.exe with your ID in the script.

AHK Script only
WindowAHK-ID.ahk.zip

32bit exe
WindowAHK-ID x86.zip

64bit exe
WindowAHK-ID x64.zip

Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline,

I'm not understanding how to use your latest tool, Window AHK.

1) Download WindowAHK-ID x64.zip to my desktop.
2) Extract to WindowAHK-ID x64.exe folder on my desktop.
3) Open the folder.
4) Find WindowAHK-ID x64.exe
5) Double click on WindowAHK-ID x64.exe and click through "unknown publisher" security warning.
6) Program window opens.
7) Now what?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (45.31 KB, 278 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
7) Copy the window ID

This will tell AHK what window to send the keystrokes to.
If post that ID I will create a script and exe for that DAW.
Or just open the script in a text editor and replace all ahk_exe reaper.exe with your ID

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
AHK-Window-ID.gif (315.43 KB, 275 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Cakewalk by BandLab:
ahk_class Cakewalk Core
ahk_exe Cakewalk.exe

Audacity:
ahk_class wxWindowNR
ahk_exe audacity.exe

Sonar Home Studio:
ahk_class SONAR Home Studio Universal
ahk_exe SONAR.exe

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Last edited by Pipeline; 12/02/18 12:16 PM.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's the Compiler, it will be in the AutoHotKey install folder, just select the script.ahk or drag it in and set destination script x64.exe or script x86.exe, choose either 32 Unicode or 64 Unicode and add an icon if you like, click Convert. If you want to create an installer Inno Setup

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Sent To: Bandlab Support

Quote:
"give all keystrokes to plug-in" is not working correctly.
If the window is active by clicking on the top of the vst window where the title is this makes the window Active and all keystrokes need to be sent to the vst.
At the moment you need to click on something inside the window for it to send this is not correct, in other DAW you only need to make the window Active without clicking on something inside the window.
In the attached gif when I activate the vst window on the left in Reaper it sends the keystrokes
when I activate the window on the right in BandLab AND set it to receive keystrokes it don't.
See I type the chord in on the left and it works but I type on the right and it don't.

Anyone else can send them one also if they like, just click Support in the Help Menu.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here is a Chord Picker for the Standalone:

BiabVST Chord Picker Standalone.zip

Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Pipeline,

Edit: Ignore below, I managed to get it to work, but now I have a different problem, every time I enter a chord, the chord-picker minimizes to the tray. I can somewhat get it to work when I set BiaB and Chord picker to occupy the left and right sides of the screen, but then most of the options to the left of CP (such as the pushes and shots) are inaccessible. I realize this may be because I am on a laptop, and there is minimal "moniter real estate" but is there some way to get this working on a laptop nonetheless?

So much as I am ashamed to admit this, I've held off on installing this to date because I found all the lines of computer code a little bit intimidating, and told myself that I could get by with BiaB's built in "chord theory" function...which was one of my favorite upgrades of 2018 (or was it 2017?)

In any event, I just ran the installer (not the VST version) and the program launched in standalone, and I can't figure out how to get it to communicate with BiaB. Other than seeing the BiaB screen "blink" (disappear and reappear for a second) every time I try to enter a command, nothing else happens in the chordsheet regardless of what I do.

Please help!

Thanks in advance :-)

Deacon

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 12/21/18 11:52 PM.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another issue:

When I tried to utilize the "set bass" option (for which I had to minimize the BiaB screen because laptop) which I'm assuming should have launched the RT picker dialogue in BiaB, it instead launched an additional instance of BiaB with a clean chord-sheet.

Is this normal?

Thanks again!

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
here's a demo

Full Screen

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Pipeline,

Obviously I have much to explore here, and I suspect I will have a great amount of fun doing it. :-)

Journeyman
Journeyman
OK, I see another problem I have now is that I simply cannot get the bottom row of options, where the preview chord and "always on top" options reside, to display at all--even if I have the CP tool on full screen.

Again, I'm afraid this has to with me being on a laptop (I prefer running BiaB in my desktop, but the thing is that one third of the week I live and work in an entirely different city from my main residence where my desktop is, so sorry for being such a PITA with this...I really appreciate all the effort you put into this!)

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
If you can up the resolution to 1600x900 instead of 1280x768 on your Ideapad ?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
If you can up the resolution to 1600x900 instead of 1280x768 on your Ideapad ?

I'm afraid not :-( Maybe a lower resolution but one of the aspect ratios listed below would work?

Also, while you're here, (and I suspect this may be related) I recently connected an additional monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable so I could have a dual monitor display, and set the external monitor as my primary in Windows' settings and have been having a plethora of issues with resizing/minimizing/always on top windows, not just for BiaB/RB but in Reaper as well. Is there any way I can make my laptop "forget" about the second display or whatever so that it behaves like it did before I ever connected it?

Finally, with respect to ADSR Sample Manager: I installed the program on my C hardrive, but placed the majority of my loops on the external drive (F) because I have more space there. I don't want ASDR to crash if I boot it up when my F drive is not connected if, say, I want to use it in Reaper. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Can I simply run it from C and add a library from F such that it operates as paths do for plugins like in Reaper or Minihost?

Btw, sorry for bombarding you with all these questions. I would generally simply experiment, but I've had issues in the past where if you set a path, and it's no longer there on next bootup, you can have ugly crashes or inconsistencies that can persist till kingdom come :-(

Thanks again!

Valid Modes.JPG (31.86 KB, 202 downloads)

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You should be able to go to the screen resolution settings click on the external monitor 2 and remove it, you may have to plug it in first, remove so you just have 1 set as primary monitor.
You may have to go into Ati/AMD or NVidia settings.

I have ADSR on C: and ACID Loops on D:\ added to the ADSR Library, sometimes it has to wake the D: up from sleep that will delay at first but once spinning you should be right.

C
Expert
Online Content
Expert
C
Thanks very much Pipeline, this seems like a very useful tool!

I'm finding a small problem here, I can't set the program to work with any specific BIAB version, as you can see here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qqGHbqnUvo9byJe8RCQz4xOIOBYRrgXi/view?usp=sharing

Also, Set Chord Rest/Shots/Hold/Push...buttons are not working on my system, after clicking those buttons nothing happens. I don't know if that could be a related problem.

Last edited by Cerio; 12/22/18 08:39 AM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You can run it as administrator as it may not be writing the settings.ini
In the install folder C:\Program Files\Biab Chord Picker Tool
settings.ini
[BiabVersionSet]
key=2016_later

Biab-CPT-RSHP.gif (248.08 KB, 183 downloads)
C
Expert
Online Content
Expert
C
Yes, run it as administrator fixed the problem.

Thanks!

BIAB 2024, latest build.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
...I'm afraid not :-( Maybe a lower resolution but one of the aspect ratios listed below would work?....

So 768 is the max you have I can try and squeeze it a up a bit to make a compact one for 768.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195