Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Demo Lyrics Cryptic Drifter.mp3 (googleDrive )

or

[video]https://www.smule.com/recording/lazypianoman-demo-lyrics-cryptic-drifter/1563310464_2676853950[/video]

Hi everyone,
So, I made my first draft on the lyrics to this song. It's about a man (or a handler) who falls in love, with his " MK-Ultra " mind controlled victim... he decides ... to release her, so that she might help him work against the cabal, that started this entrapment network, which he wants to get out of.... He doesn't know if his victim will turn against him, or join forces with him.

So the lyrics, "must" be modified to fit this narrative.
Seems like an interesting way to write a song, because the melody and much of the song is already done. Perhaps this songwriting method is the direction I should go.... ??? Maybe www.rhymezone.com will be useful. Has anyone used it?

The tempo 64bpm: might be set to go faster... later...
What do you think??? All comments welcome... eek

0:09 I hope your happy
0:13 With that smile
0:17 Today's a special day
0:19 You'll be staying for a while
0:24 It's time to show you

0:28 Your the one...
0:31 You break the spells
0:33 You thought, you spun
0:36 and.. oh my..
0:38 Everything's under the sun
0:43 Oh, yes

0:47 I've been a handle
0:51 You've been a cup
0:54 The world so crazy
0:58 The world so crazy

1:03 It's time to show you
1:06 Yeah..your the one

1:09 I hope your happy
1:13 With that smile
1:17 Today's a special day
1:20 You'll be staying for a while
1:24 It's time to show you

1:28 The world is crazy
1:31 The world so crazy
1:35 But things are about to change

1:40 You are the one
1:43 oh my..
1:47 Everything's under the sun
1:51 Oh, yes

1:53 It's so crazy
1:55 The world so crazy
2:00 The world so crazy
2:04 The world so crazy

2:08 Today's the day
2:12 With that smile
2:16 Oh, yes
2:18 It's time to show you
2:24 Oh, yes

2:27 With that smile
2:31 You are the one
2:34 I've been a handle
2:37 You've been a cup
2:43 Oh, yes

2:49 I hope your happy
2:53 With that smile
2:56 You'll break the spells
2:58 You thought, you spun
3:01 and .. oh my..
3:04 Everything's under the sun

3:09 Oh, yes
3:12 Oh my..
3:16 It's time to show you
3:20 You are the one
3:23 I've been a handle
3:26 You've been a cup

3:31 I hope your happy
3:35 With that smile
3:39 It's time to show you
3:43 You are the one

3:46 Oh my..
3:49 Everything's under the sun
3:52 You are the one
3:56 You are the one

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
I use rhymezone.com all the time when I can't think of a rhyme and it does give me some good ideas. But I don't think it solves all the problems of writing good lyrics it's just another tool to use.

Songwriting
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
I use rhymezone.com all the time when I can't think of a rhyme and it does give me some good ideas. But I don't think it solves all the problems of writing good lyrics it's just another tool to use.

I've heard of rhymezone but have never used it.
I'm just a song writing bottom feeder as I just struggle through the lyric writing process, the mental gyrations and hopefully I finish something that meets my satisfaction.
Guess I should peruse the 'rhymezone'.

I agree....employing an interesting subject matter and fleshing out a good story line where the verses and chorus actually adhere to it is more important than just rhyming for the sake of rhyming. smile
It's not any easy task for us song writers.

Back to topic....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 12/18/18 11:31 AM.
Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966

I've heard of rhymezone but have never used it.
I'm just a song writing bottom feeder as I just struggle through the lyric writing process, the mental gyrations and hopefully I finish something that meets my satisfaction.

I agree....employing an interesting subject matter and fleshing out a good story line where the verses and chorus actually adhere to it is more important than just rhyming for the sake of rhyming. smile
It's not any easy task for us song writers.

Back to topic....

Thanks Belladonna & chulaivet1966 for your comments. I should have mentioned the mp3 from the google drive is the better version, because the vocals were spliced and and copy/pasted to populate the song melody; as temporary building blocks. Right now I have the lyrics printed out on the left side, while I'm "fleshing out " better lyrics to fit the narrative... placing the new lyrics on the right side of the page.

I've used 6 rhymes so far from rhymezone.

I am sharing this method.... so have no excuses to throw in the towel; while I'm remaining open to this lyric challenge.

Songwriting
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: LPman
[quote=chulaivet1966][quote=Belladonna]"fleshing out " better lyrics

Although I don't write love songs or ballads I'd like to throw this out which is my approach (probably along with many others).
After choosing a subject matter I need to go there in_my_mind.
IE: if I wanted to write a song about the Grand Canyon.
I'd close my eyes and go there....maybe check a few YT videos, or look at Grand Canyon book or photos to help with the concept as I write down what I envision to create the imagery into lyrical form.
Of course....there's a tool called 'rhymezone' that can be utilized too. smile

Don't mean to hijack your initial intent here at all.

Back to topic....good luck on your song quest.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 12/18/18 01:28 PM.
Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: LPman
[quote=chulaivet1966][quote=Belladonna]"fleshing out " better lyrics

Although I don't write love songs or ballads I'd like to throw this out which is my approach (probably along with many others).
I'd close my eyes and go there....maybe check a few YT videos, or look at Grand Canyon book or photos to help with the concept as I write down what I envision to create the imagery into lyrical form.
Of course....there's a tool called 'rhymezone' that can be utilized too. smile

Don't mean to hijack your initial intent here at all.

Back to topic....good luck on your song quest.

Your not hijacking my intent, I welcome your comments... I know very little about MK-Ultra... so I am breaking a rule, about writing what I don't know... Yes rhyme zone is just a cluster tool with rhyming attributes...

I am having difficulties sorting out multiple overlapping agendas... much like the "matrix"... never escaping rules of control...

Right now it seems... a smile is a form of a lethal transference... in my song.... and intent is an illusion ... and there is no escape! Ambiguity is becoming the problem.

I don't mind making this song a creative common license. I am interested mostly in making this a viable method for both music & lyrics
lyrics update

Thanks for your comments, I welcome all creative suggestions

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'd close my eyes and go there....maybe check a few YT videos, or look at Grand Canyon book or photos to help with the concept as I write down what I envision to create the imagery into lyrical form. From chulailet1966

My process is much like chulailet1966. I put myself in the experience of what I'm writing, I become the person, I go to the place in my mind. Sometimes I do read articles and research what I'm writing. I did a song called "The Ghost of Jenny Gray" which is a local folklore, but couldn't find alot about it so I read about another famous ghost near our area and then visualized the area Jenny was from and did the song.

I also like to think of my verses as writing for short scenes in a play, movie or a video, you would have the setting, the characters, the conversations, etc. Verse 1 would be a scene with details, the Chorus would be your hook, an emotional or generalized sing a long, Verse 2 would be another related scene with more details. The Bridge could be some new reflection, or a twist on the story, or a conclusion.

I like to write out the story first and then start my lyrics and rhyme schemes. A "great title" is really essential as it helps create your catchy chorus. A "great unusual title" also grabs the listener's attention immediately. The first few lines are equally important to pull the listener into the song. Also, need a good melody and a catchy chorus.

The music is "king" as it has to be good, the lyrics are "queen". In other words if the music is not good, no one is going to care about good lyrics. Sometimes if the music is good, one can get away with substandard lyrics. But the best marriage of course is good music and good lyrics.

Last edited by Belladonna; 12/19/18 06:29 AM.
Songwriting
Expert
Expert
I like to write out the story first and then start my lyrics and rhyme schemes. A "great title" is really essential as it helps create your catchy chorus. A "great unusual title" also grabs the listener's attention immediately. The first few lines are equally important to pull the listener into the song. Also, need a good melody and a catchy chorus.

I took a song writing class when doing my music major in college. (1975)
The teacher suggested what you note above....write out the complete story line as complete as one desires then deal with putting it in lyrical form.

To be honest....I don't write using that discipline all the time....just sometimes.
Since I've been writing for some time I tend to do a lot changing/editing within my pea brain during the writing process.

Back to topic....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 12/19/18 07:22 AM.
Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

I took a song writing class when doing my music major in college. (1975)
The teacher suggested what you note above....write out the complete story line as complete as one desires then deal with putting it in lyrical form.

To be honest....I don't write using that discipline all the time....just sometimes.
Since I've been writing for some time I tend to do a lot changing/editing within my pea brain during the writing process.

Back to topic....

When I made the song "To world " I did it completely on the fly. Not a word was written... I never lived "in a town that is now gone "... don't even know where that came from,.. and yet it was the most profound part of the song... in my opinion.
I tried to say things, I might not be willing to back up very well afterwards. I sang from my alternative ignored self... Knowing I was giving my pea-brain a chance to be heard... the part that would be slaughtered in the real world, or the complex rest of me, would not be willing to survive with. I was a lame duck, trying to surprise myself.... and I kinda did. The song surpassed all my other songs, because it is still on the Voloco autotune app featured songs... Plugging BiaB2018

I Wonder if I will ever pull that off again?

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
Well LP Man I certainly hope you do. Lightning does sometimes strike the same place twice. Consistent good writing is quite another matter, but miracles do happen.

Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Well LP Man I certainly hope you do. Lightning does sometimes strike the same place twice. Consistent good writing is quite another matter, but miracles do happen.

Well, I am more a tinkerer, then a writer

Lyrics Cryptic Drifter V1.3

This song should have repeatable lyrics, because brainwashing stories, are snippets that have added info per iterations. Haven't done the vocals yet: Singing in a parental soft voice will make this song more creepy though sick

Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Lyrics Cryptic Drifter

0:09 I hope your happy
0:13 With that smile
0:17 Today's the day
0:19 You're staying for a while
0:24 It's time to show you

0:28 Your the one...
0:31 You broke the spells
0:33 You thought, you spun
0:36 and.. oh my..
0:38 Everything's under the sun
0:43 Oh, yes

0:47 I've been a handle
0:51 You've been a cup
0:54 The world so crazy
0:58 It's totally crazy

1:03 It's time to show you
1:06 Yeah..what we are

1:09 I don’t feel savvy
1:13 Or worthwhile
1:17 Today's a penciled day
1:20 We are going to wait a while
1:24 It's time to show you

1:28 The world is crazy
1:31 We’re ULTRA crazy
1:35 But things are about to change

1:40 You were the one
1:43 Good-bye
1:47 Everything's under the gun
1:51 Out-guessed

1:53 It's so crazy
1:55 My heart is racing
2:00 The worlds gone hazy
2:04 A soul is waking

2:08 Today's the day
2:12 Without a smile
2:16 Oh, yes
2:18 I never told you
2:24 Don't guess

2:27 Without that smile
2:31 Your not anyone
2:34 I've been a handle
2:37 You've been a cup
2:43 Just rest

2:49 I’m not your daddy
2:53 Now, with two smiles
2:56 You figured it out
2:58 Will ya cat meow
3:01 and .. oh my..
3:04 Everything's under the sun

3:09 Out-guessed
3:12 Good-bye
3:16 I couldn’t sell ya
3:20 Your now the one
3:23 You’ll be the handle
3:26 I’ll be the cup

3:31 Hope you’ll be happy
3:35 Without guile
3:39 I can’t hold you
3:43 Your not anyone

3:46 Oh my..
3:49 Everything's under the sun
3:52 Your not one
3:56 You are the one

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes, kinda creepy. Hmmmm!!!

Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes, kinda creepy. Hmmmm!!!

Yeah, having second thoughts sick
I decided to make lyric corrections

Songwriting
LPman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Cryptic Drifter ( take 02 ) on Smule

I think some lyrics will have to be removed... for more breathing space

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199