Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Nice wee thing and it was great lyrics.

wee Nit.. At times I thought you had added the lyrics to fit the backing tracks, as though you had no control over the arrangement of the backing ?.

Was it a backing track sent to you pre done etc ?.

Probably just me !!.

Hi beatmaster,

thanks for your kind words.

First of all: Couldn't find out what 'wee NIT' means...

And as to your assumption: As always no third party involved - just the 'hot threesome' (me, Band-in-a-box and RealBand working to gether on my very PC.

And if you are talking about lack of control: The only part I didn't have the full control over the backing was the horn thing. Usually I write any horn parts as MISI Files myself and then play them via 'Vintage Horns' or 'Session Horns'. In this case I used the 11-poece-horn section RT that comes with the RealStyle, so I, in fact, had to make do with what was generated.

This is the way I did it:

Imported the BIAB song into RealBand and erased the horn part. Then I selected every single part of the song separately bit by bit. E.g. the intro: I selected the first four bars and and had the MultiRiff feature of RealBand generate seven different intros. Repeated that, so I had 14 tracks with horn intros. Then I cut out those bars I liked best and reassembled them in a way I liked. Bit by bit I did this with all parts of the song.

While it was pretty easy to do with the intro it got more difficult when it came to the verses or chorusses, because it did not only have to sound right by itself, but as well had to fit the vocal lines.

In some cases I indeed had to change the vocal in order to make it fit the horns, e.g. in the second verse where I took over the horns' melody ('... single one I heard last night')

Hope this explained it...

Have a Merry Christmas and a great 2019.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: dcuny
As usual, a complete package of entertainment. Well done everything.

Thanks a lot, David, I really appreciate your kind words.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Wow! Great work on this Crossroads! Really enjoyed the arrangement on this. Well done!

Thanks a lot, Joe.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and the whole staff.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,
I never tried beer with skittles. You got me intrigued!

That was a nice blues. Everything sounds perfect. Seems you can do this with your eyes closed smile I know it is very labor intensive "to make it sound easy".

My father in law is 82. I can see that some things getting harder and harder for him, but once he grabs his bayan (button accordion), he becomes a young man again. Let music keep your spirits up!

Happy holidays and Skittles with some good, dark German beer to you. Cheers!

Vielen Dank!

Hi Rusty,

I'm very pleased to read that you liked the song - thanks a lot for your kind comment on it.

Yes, I think that what you wrote about your father in law is absolutely right: Playing music makes you feel younger, and I think, it's been medically proved that it's good for preventing people from getting demented (or at leadt can slow it down). So, let's keep on playimg amnd singing like those dancing dervishes...!

And the doctor's still in with another advice: Keep your hands, I mean your lips, off dark German beer - have another look at me in the vid who's living proof taht it just ain't any good... Unless your wife loves beer bellies... grin

All the best to you and yours,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Ain't it the truth! You have been consistent with you quality of your song posting. The song may have been longer than most posts, it didn't seem long at all. Thank you for the captivating entertainment.

Merry Christmas to you!

Scott Schwarz

Dear Scott,

thanks a lot for your very kind words. I'm very pleased that you liked the song / the video. And now that I know your family name, it's about time for a stupid li'l pun: I do not only like Black Music, I like Schwarz Music, too.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great song!! Yes, I can relate!!! I have thought about writing a song of this theme. I had a lyric idea......from taking drugs for getting high, to taking drugs for getting by. Getting old is a tricky business! Great work on this! Awesome vocal. Killer job all around!!! Take care. Greg

Dear Greg,

first of all: WRITE THAT SONG - 'From Gettin' High To Gettin' By' sounds like a killer song title to me.

And thank you so much fir your kind comment on the song / the video, I really appreciate it a lot.

There's a german saying, 'getting older is not for cowards' - ain't that the truth...

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Stefan, I can say without any hesitation that you produce some of the finest work presented on this forum! There is nothing "off" sounding in this! It's just perfect! You vocal, guitar, mix, everything are top notch! I really like it! Thanks, Torrey

Dear Torrey,

unlike one might think when watching my vids I don't have that much self-confidence, so words like yours make me feel sort of abashed, especially when they are being uttered by someone whose musical abilities I admire a lot. But I'm also flattered, I have to admit, so thank you very, very much for your great comment.

I will pass your positive estimation on the mix to Maha who will be very flattered, too.

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Stefan,
All seems so easy in this song in your way of singing and in the quality of the orchestration.
Very good job on this song !
I wish you a merry Christmas. Christian

Dear Christian,

thanks a lot for your kind remarks on my song, I'm happy to read that you liked it.

Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Now that is relatable ! I'm (Bud) likely the oldest regular here (12 years older than my wonderful bride) and, man, I wake up aching in places I didn't know I had places!

We feel that your songs, all of them, would be excellent were they presented only in audio format; however, your videos take them over the top. We create simple lyric videos and even for them they can get tedious trying to get everything correctly timed. All meaning we can very much appreciate the effort that goes into yours. They are very engaging and they never cross the line where they distract from the performances...you always hit the sweet spot.

We enjoyed reading how you put the audio together. Like you I also spend a LOT of time regenerating and comping (cut/paste) RealTracks. I think if you want smooth transitions in and out of vocals and more interesting solos its the way to approach it. Your efforts are obvious in the quality of the arrangement and mix.

All the previous posters have praised your performances on vocals and guitar (tone and playing) and we can only add our praises to them!

We much enjoyed this and will again.

Best to you and yours over the holidays and we look forward to your 2019 productions!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Really excellent song.
Everything is likely. Great soundtrack and vocal.

Merry Christmas

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Stefan,

WOW! Everything about this is just so good! Love the video - particularly how you superimposed behind you. You're right - nothing is easy. We;;, except listening to your songs and watching your videos. - and the other folks on this forum, too.

Not only is your singing to[ notch, your guitar playing is really, really smooth. I enjoyed every second of this. This is my third time time watching and listening. And you have such a great command of the English language.

What a treat!!!

Merry Christmas to you and Maha.

Alan

Lieber Alan,

da ich weiß, dass Du sehr gut deutsch sprichst, möchte ich mich diesmal auch in meiner Sprache für Deinen wundervollen Kommentar bedanken.

Ich glaube, ich muss gar nicht sagen, wie sehr ich mich darüber freue - vor fünf Monaten habe ich alles, was ich so produziere, nur für mich und eine Handvoll Freunde gemacht und dachte: 'OK, es ist ganz nett, aber auch nicht mehr.', und jetzt bekomme ich so viel Lob von Menschen wie Dir, die ich für ihre unglaublichen musikalischen Fähigkeiten (an die ich nie, nie, nie heranreichen werde) von ganzem Herzen bewundere.

Ich hoffe, dass ich noch SEHR viele Songs von Dir hören daf, und darauf freue ich mich heute schon ganz doll.

Di und Dir wünsche ich alles erdenklich Gute für das kommende, ach Quatsch, für ganz viele kommende Jahre.

Herzliche Grüße, auch von Maha, aus Gross-Umstadt

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Wow! Now that is relatable ! I'm (Bud) likely the oldest regular here (12 years older than my wonderful bride) and, man, I wake up aching in places I didn't know I had places!

We feel that your songs, all of them, would be excellent were they presented only in audio format; however, your videos take them over the top. We create simple lyric videos and even for them they can get tedious trying to get everything correctly timed. All meaning we can very much appreciate the effort that goes into yours. They are very engaging and they never cross the line where they distract from the performances...you always hit the sweet spot.

We enjoyed reading how you put the audio together. Like you I also spend a LOT of time regenerating and comping (cut/paste) RealTracks. I think if you want smooth transitions in and out of vocals and more interesting solos its the way to approach it. Your efforts are obvious in the quality of the arrangement and mix.

All the previous posters have praised your performances on vocals and guitar (tone and playing) and we can only add our praises to them!

We much enjoyed this and will again.

Best to you and yours over the holidays and we look forward to your 2019 productions!

J&B

Dear Janice, dear Bud,

your incredibly nice folks, thanks a lot for you lovely comment. Of course I'm pleased when I read that you (The Blues Folks) enjoy my stuff, but I'm definitely aware of the fact that there's a number of folks here on this forum (including you two) whose musical abilities are of a standard I can only dream of. It's just five months ago that I still composed my songs and recorded the vids simply for my own and some friends' pleasure, and I would never have thought that people from countries where they got my favorite music styles in their DNA would possibly enjoy it, too.

Making the videos is a real lot of fun, and believe me: It's far easier than one might think, if you have the right app. I hope that you don't blame me for being intrusive, but if you ever want me to, I will be happy to give you some information about it. But look out: addictive potential galore !

Because some people asked for it, I added a 'making-of' to one of my vids - I tied to keep it pretty funny and entertaining, and because I explain things in German, I added English subtitles. The song itself was sort of an experiment: I tried to re-build a song that I had played with my then band in the seventies in BIAB / RB as close to as we played it then. And it was giant fun that some members of that band took the time and starred in it. Don't expect the song to be of any musical importance, but if you can afford ten minutes, you may get at least a bit amused. The song title is 'You Need Some Rock Sometimes, Too (ha ha ha) and you can find it HERE

Daer Janice, dear Bud, I'm sure you'll be having a great Christmas Eve and I and Maha wish you all the very est of the best for 2019.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
You really put together a great video production...
Eye & ear... very sweet... It didn't seem like 11 minutes long!
I really enjoyed it...
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Stefan! As always you deliver!

I find it hard to put words - that I have not used before - into this... it's just an amazing performance and a wonderful video. You are so extremely talented...

When you play that guitar solo it just feels so appropriate and timely... like you are really living the feel of the tune through your guitar. Amazing stuff!

I wish I had just 10% of your talent!

Looking very much forward to the 2019-productions from you!

Will

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Really excellent song.
Everything is likely. Great soundtrack and vocal.

Merry Christmas

Sergio

Thanks a lot, caro Sergio, I really apprecoate those kind words of yours.

All the best for 2019 - take care

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Jim
You really put together a great video production...
Eye & ear... very sweet... It didn't seem like 11 minutes long!
I really enjoyed it...
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Dear Jin,

thanks a lot for sitting through the whole thing and your very kind words about it. I'm really glad that you enjoyed both, song and video.

Here's wishing you and yours a most wonderful and healthy 2019 with a lot of fun making music.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Stefan! As always you deliver!

I find it hard to put words - that I have not used before - into this... it's just an amazing performance and a wonderful video. You are so extremely talented...

When you play that guitar solo it just feels so appropriate and timely... like you are really living the feel of the tune through your guitar. Amazing stuff!

I wish I had just 10% of your talent!

Looking very much forward to the 2019-productions from you!

Will

Dear Will,

I think that you can imagine that you really made my day (week..., month...) with your extremely flattering words, and I want to thank you very much for them.

But I'm afraid that you overestimate me by far - I may have a little talent, but the rest is patience, lots of hours, days, weeks (and when it comes to the vids even months) and, I think most of all, sheer pleasure - I guess that you know what I mwean.

And you really shouldn't hide your light under a bushel, because it was you who created such an incredible thing like "Will Goes To Bollywood" - I would never be able to come up with such a thing. Not in ten years...

So I'm as well very much looking forward to what you will come up in the year ahead - I really liked to see, that Scandinavia is playing an increasing fine role in the forum.

Have a very happy New Year's Eve and all the best to you and your family for 2019 (and ever after, of course smirk )

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Stefan,

This sounds great!

That guitar solo is really beautiful. Nice tone.

And thanks for all the kind words about the forum! We love having you hanging out here!

smile

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very creative video!
Clear sound and mix.
Nice bluesy tune and lyric.

-rob

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Stefan, my 4,898 mile friend...

That's the approximate shortest distance between Germany and United States, with 7,882 km equalling 4,898 miles, by air travel.

When I listen to songs on the User's Forum that I feel are really and truly original in some way, I like to nominate them for imaginary awards. And so, I believe that your song, "Nothing's Easy Anymore", should win the "most brutally honest lyrics" award laugh !!!

You sing about the loss of youth, the changes in physical appearance, waning "powers", and more. Those are fairly "taboo" subjects in the world of songwriting. That makes you some kind of courageous dude to include them in a song. But, you know what? It's all true, inevitable, painful, and regrettable, right? Right.

And yet, and yet...you summoned and exerted a great deal of precious energy to compose and perform a song about it all! What that means to me is that your desire to continue enjoying living your life is as strong as ever.

You sang the lyrics to your song with a degree of emotion that caused me to raise my eyebrows. Truth be told, I thought you were about to break into tears at any point in the song. That's how powerful your committment to telling the truth of your life at this moment in time was.

But do you know what was the most resounding, memorable, and transformative thing about your song? This:

"Nothing is easy anymore...except loving her".

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 01/05/19 08:20 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,448
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195