Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Beautiful Noel! Love it. Great laid back beachy Boardwalk vibe.
Sounds wonderful on my new speakers.

Hi Josie,

I always smile when I see that you've visited smile I'm glad you enjoyed this latest. Thank you!

Maybe great things come your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
"Noel96"...

Your song, "The Way of the World", by way of your RealTrack choices, has a nice, laid-back "pop" sound with a light calypso-style beat that is as charming and fresh to the ears as it is reminiscent of Michael Franks' sound.

The lyrics are seriously appreciative of the rhythms of Nature, and they are very nicely married to images of marital bliss and youthful hopes.

As is usual, you sing with the fervor of a man who is open to everything that life has in store for him. It's a reassuring voice that shares its sense of wonder with those who would listen closely enough to it.

You may be the reigning philosopher/songwriter of this forum, "Noel96"!

A fellow "trav'ler",

LOREN

Hey Loren,

Thank you for dropping by. I always appreciate the opportunity to say "Hi" to a fellow trav'ler! As seems to be the case every time you visit one of my threads, you have a knack for saying uplifting things that make me smile! I don't know that I'll ever make the ranks of 'philosopher/songwriter' but you've certainly given me something to aim for!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Love the positive nature of this! The world needs more feel good songs I think smile

This is great, Noel, the mix sounds fabulous through the 'phones. That Bossa percussion track is the cats meow! And that guitar RT sounds great too, very interesting the way you put it together.

And possibly your best vocal performance, especially during the chorus.

My new favorite of yours I think, enjoyed very much!

Hi Noel,

Everything Dave said is spot on and I fully agree. He said it much better than I could have. Love the casual but upbeat cheerfulness. Your vocal is tops and, like Dave said, the chorus is splendid. You have a special relationship with music creation that I wish I had. Wonderful! Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Alan,

It's always great to see you. Thank you for the visit. I appreciate your comments, too. I'm not all that much of a singer but with the various plugins these days, I can get away with a fair bit! In this song, I used the CLA Vocals plugin. It makes it really easy to tweak vocals and get a good sound.

Take care. Please say "Hello" to Di from me.

My very best thoughts and wishes,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,

Sundance expressed it very well - the "beachy, Boardwalk vibe" is infectious and noone writes feel good glass brimming over, lyrics better.
Very good arrangement- the little glimpses of viola and Afro percussion were inspired choices.
I couldn`t help hearing some playful harmonies in a few places, though that`s not to take away from one of your best vocals.
Musical sunshine, sir!

Robert

Robert,

It's good to see you. Thank you for having a listen and letting me know how you hear the song. I appreciate it. I actually toyed around with harmonies a bit but, in the end, I left them out because they seemed to rob the viola of its presence. To my ears, the viola sounded more powerful and fitted better when there weren't too many other musical distractions.

Thank you again!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
In such good taste, that song will be around for some time to come.
Background vocals?

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
It seems many songs come from experiments... You've done particularly well with your creative experiment... I enjoyed it.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel this has such a light and feel-good quality to it! Excellent work putting the real tracks together in such a cohesive form! Great as always! Thanks, T

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really pretty and inspiring!! Sitting inside my house with the smokey California air surrounding me, this was just what I needed! A breath of fresh air!! Great job Noel....mix and vocal are great!! Take care. Greg

Greg,

Thank you for listening. Appreciate it!

All the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Noel I think that this is your best to date. A super backing track groove with your vocals set perfectly within. Your lyrics were fantastic.

This is a super feel good happy song.

I really liked this one.

Hey Mario,

Thanks for the visit and thank you for listening. It's Joe Robinson's guitar playing that makes this backing work so well. He's a talented man!

Hope you have a wonder New York Christmas and New Year,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Noel,

Love how you consistently get such a great, crisp and clean sound out what you lay down. This one is no exception. Some really nice lyrics to go with. And a “ear-worm” hook on that chorus. What a nice tune! Cool listen.

Humble regards,

Deej

Hi Deej,

Thanks for dropping in! My main tools for polishing the final production are Ozone 8 (overall mix) and CLA Plugins (used on vocals and one of the guitars here). I usually use Nectar on vocals but I thought I'd give the CLA plugin a go this time. I'm pretty sure these help with getting that crisp and clean sound you mention.

I appreciate that you found time to have a listen and to comment.

Best wishes for Christmas and New Year,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wonderful write! And very clever use of BIAB to have more control over the Realtrack. Thank you for sharing that idea!

much enjoyed!

Lawrence,

Once again, thank you for listening! Right now, I'm sitting here wondering where you might go with the idea of generating and comp'ing chords. Hope you get some use from it!

All the best and may a wonderful Christmas be awaiting you and your family,
Noel

Originally Posted By: furry
Simple backing really suited this great song. Well put together and very enjoyable Noel.

Graham,

It's always a pleasure to have you visit! I appreciate your listen and comment. Thank you. I hope that all is travelling much better for you and your wife these days.

Kind regards and all the very best for Christmas and the New Year,
Noel

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Noel,

We sure love the special sound of Joe's RT and you managed to create a cool and uplifting song with it!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

It's great to see you! Thank you for passing through. And thank you for listening and commenting, too.

May a wonderful holiday season come your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Noel,
Thank you for the thoughtfulness of your PM...
I really appreciate it.
Merry Christmas to you and your family...
Don't forget to celebrate all 12 days!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Noel !

...and Happy New Year too !

What a wonderful tune this is
and I was almost close to
missing it - absolutely wonderful indeed !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Noel,

I don't know I missed this one, but it sure is wonderful!

That real track sounds great. I think this is one of your best. It is very organic, and you sound really happy singing it.

This one would be good for your next album. A really strong write and performance.

Happy New Year!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,549
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199