User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Fellow User's Forum members...

If you don't have anyplace to go to celebrate this New Year's Eve, why don't you make yourself look good, smell good, take your partner's arm and stroll on down to "Loren's Lounge" to get your jazz lights turned on real bright by some confidently cool cats playing some swingin' jazz organ sounds! There's no cover charge, plenty of parking in the back, ladies are admitted for free, drinks are "on the house" after 12:01 a.m., and the dance floor is open to all the old-schoolers who dig doin' some plain n' fancy steppin' lively to the groove...

Onstage tonight at "Loren's Lounge" we have "Mellow" Mike LeDonne (Real Track #1045) on the Hammond B3 organ, Oliver "On The One" Gannon (Real Track #1087 soloing, and #1101 rhythm) on electric jazz guitar, Terry "The Timekeeper" Clarke (Real Drums #018) on drums, and Neil "Strings" Swainson (Real Track #768) on acoustic bass. I perform the MIDI melody using a SampleTank percussive organ patch. The MIDI organ solo is #338, Blues - Jimmy (Smith) & Wes (Montgomery), organ & guitar alternating, Med-Sw. A-Loads J_JSMITH.STY.

Here's the link to my SoundClick page: https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13824865
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Technical stuff: Real Style _JZOG110.STY (Jazz organ trio, but, of course!!!) Key of Gb, tempo @ 125, meter = 4/4.

At the bridge, the Real Drums change to Jazz Shuffle^, #004, by Craig Scot, to ramp-up the swing thing during the 24-bar solo organ and solo guitar performances, respectively, and then go back to Terry Clarke's sticks and brushes.

Because the Hammond B3 organ has bass pedals, I muted the Real Track rhythm organ instrument (#1045) at the bridge where the solo organ begins playing and substituted Neil Swainson's acoustic bass to get the walkin' bass feel and sound. When the organ solo ends after 24 bars, and the electric jazz guitar solo begins, I un-muted the rhythm organ to take advantage of its deep and resonant, yet mellow tones.

See you at "Loren's Lounge"!

Musically yours,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Last edited by bluage; 12/31/18 08:16 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
bluage #514238 12/31/18 10:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hi, Loren ....and all the best to you
on this New Round around the Sun !

Well, Loren, as I don´t have
eloquency that this superb tune
should have craved I just have to
tell you that I found it absolutely
wonderful to drop in for a while
in your Lounge to listen to this
excellent combo playing this great
tune ! Thank you for letting me in !

Cheers
Dani

bluage #514247 12/31/18 11:37 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Loren,
I like the theme played by the organ very much.
All sounds so good. It seems so clear !
Perhaps, there's a little problem for the melody played by the organ between 2'40" and 2'55". I think that it doesn't sound as it should.
I wish you all the best for 2019. Christian

Last edited by Chris37; 12/31/18 11:39 PM.
bluage #514252 01/01/19 12:02 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Very interesting melody in the first part of the song. Great organ playing.
Really nice sound.

Happy 2019

Sergio

Sergio
bluage #514264 01/01/19 01:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loren,

A great tune and great sound. I really enjoyed this and loved the mix. It sounds "live" - excellent!

Bob

bluage #514274 01/01/19 02:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Happy New Year Loren. Love the B3. Such a cool instrument. All the best. Super backtrack. Well done.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
bluage #514305 01/01/19 05:28 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This reminds me so much of a small club I visited in Tampa years ago, well after midnight, where a combo just like this was quietly cooking into the night..you totally captured the B3-Jazz guitar feel.

Masterful handling of all the BIAB components, and your production notes help me listen and understand your decision-making.

Loren, thanks for letting me stop in for a nightcap at your lounge and listen in to your swinging band!

bluage #514321 01/01/19 06:26 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
You were the only and best band I heard to toast in the New Year. The upbeat jazzy sound was just perfect. Thank you for remembering to post this on New Year's. Donna

bluage #514374 01/01/19 09:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Swinging Baby!

I thought I was in an Austin Powers movie and I wanted to put on my red velvet suit and use the word shag a lot--as in shag carpet of course.

Oh BE-HAAAAVE!!!

Yeah baby! It's not a Wo-man! It's a Man-Man! Yeah!!!

Crazy Cats, I'm digging this cool sound.

[cut to]

Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Burt Bacharach.

smile

Great party song man.

dani48 #514402 01/01/19 11:51 AM
User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: dani48

Hi, Loren ....and all the best to you
on this New Round around the Sun !

Well, Loren, as I don´t have
eloquency that this superb tune
should have craved I just have to
tell you that I found it absolutely
wonderful to drop in for a while
in your Lounge to listen to this
excellent combo playing this great
tune ! Thank you for letting me in !

Cheers
Dani

Hi, "Dani"...

Well, I'm truly happy to hear that you enojyed your visit to "Loren's Lounge". Thanks for dropping in, and feel free come by again, anytime!

From one "cool cat cool " to another,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Loren,
I like the theme played by the organ very much.
All sounds so good. It seems so clear !
Perhaps, there's a little problem for the melody played by the organ between 2'40" and 2'55". I think that it doesn't sound as it should.
I wish you all the best for 2019. Christian

Hello, "Chris 37"...

I'm pleased to hear that the theme pleased you!

Concerning the your comment about "the melody played by the organ between 2'40" and 2'55", I believe you may be referring to the very swiftly performed eighth and quarter notes leading-off the melody in a few bars. It's a performance trick that was and is still used by Hammond B3 organ instrumentalists. It's just a rapid "staccatto" effect similar to what you would hear on notes that are articulated with a dot beneath the notehead. What did it sound like to you?

Thanks for joining me at "Loren's Lounge", and thanks also for listening to so closely to the song.

Sincerely,

LOREN

User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very interesting melody in the first part of the song. Great organ playing.
Really nice sound.

Happy 2019

Sergio

Hello, Sergio...

It's nice to know that the melody appealed to you. There's nothing like the Hammond B3 organ sound. It's warm, mellow, and when played in a jazz setting, it swings like a dream!

Thank you for listening, Sergio. By the way, I really enjoyed listening to your song, "La Melodia Navidena".

Sincerely,

LOREN

rsdean #514409 01/01/19 12:17 PM
User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Loren,

A great tune and great sound. I really enjoyed this and loved the mix. It sounds "live" - excellent!

Bob

Hello Bob...

I was pleased to have you as my guest at "Loren's Lounge", and thanks for your inspiring comments!

Gratefully,

LOREN

bluage #514410 01/01/19 12:17 PM
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Hi Loren.
What a groovy track,love the Hammond Organ and the ensemble works really well,very nice relaxing track!!

User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Happy New Year Loren. Love the B3. Such a cool instrument. All the best. Super backtrack. Well done.

Hey, there, "Scott C"...

Happy New Year back at'cha smile! Yessir, the B3 is wonderous musical instrument, especially for jazz.

Always great to have a solid musician like yourself to visit "Loren's Lounge", and thanks for the thumbs-up!

Sincerely,

LOREN

User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
This reminds me so much of a small club I visited in Tampa years ago, well after midnight, where a combo just like this was quietly cooking into the night..you totally captured the B3-Jazz guitar feel.

Masterful handling of all the BIAB components, and your production notes help me listen and understand your decision-making.

Loren, thanks for letting me stop in for a nightcap at your lounge and listen in to your swinging band!

Hello, there, "Tano Music"...

I was sorry to read about your misfortune concerning the exterior hard-drive. I once lost a bunch of songs before using BIAB by re-formatting a drive, forgetting that I hadn't backed it up. But, do you know that after grieving over it and calling myself "stupid" over and over again, not only did I re-construct many of them, eventually, but I believe they came out better the second time around due to having to re-imagine them.

Anywho, I dig your use of the word "cooking", as that is a term used by jazz musicians to describe a performance that really gets all the instrumentalists showing-off their "chops", right? Also, you happened to use the word "nightcap" in your nice comments on the song. That's quite a serendipitous thing to say, as before titling my composition, "Loren's Lounge", I was going to call it "Nightcap"!

Glad you thought the band was swinging. As "they" say, "all the pots were on!"

Hope you can recover your files.

Sincerely,

LOREN

User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
You were the only and best band I heard to toast in the New Year. The upbeat jazzy sound was just perfect. Thank you for remembering to post this on New Year's. Donna

Dear Donna...

Awww, shucks, you didn't have to say that, but...I'm sure glad you did, anyway smile !!!

Having a musically gifted lady like you in the audience at "Loren's Lounge" was a special treat. Me and the boys -- "Mellow" Mike LeDonne", Oliver "On the One" Gannon, Terry "The Timekeeper" Clarke, and Neil "Strings" Swainson tip our hats to you! I'm pleased as a new penny that that you felt the sound was "upbeat", 'cause I was trying to create a party-like atmosphere in the arrangement.

Sincerely,

LOREN

User Showcase
B
bluage Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Swinging Baby!

I thought I was in an Austin Powers movie and I wanted to put on my red velvet suit and use the word shag a lot--as in shag carpet of course.

Oh BE-HAAAAVE!!!

Yeah baby! It's not a Wo-man! It's a Man-Man! Yeah!!!

Crazy Cats, I'm digging this cool sound.

[cut to]

Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Burt Bacharach.

smile

Great party song man.

Mr. Snyder, you are right! "Party music" it was meant to be; cigarette in one hand, drink in the other, leaning on the bar, trying to chat-up some "pretty young thing" above the hub-bub of the bubbly New Year's Eve patrons before asking her to dance...Austin Powers would surely "wig out" at that scene.

What an incredibly funny character he was. It's time for Mike Myers to "do it again", eh? Thanks for having a seat, diggin' the beat and tappin' your feet at "Loren's Lounge"!

Cool, man, cool.

LOREN

bluage #514437 01/01/19 02:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loren

That was very nicely put together, melodic and interesting. The organ sounded excellent and the whole song was very atmospheric.
An excellent listen.

Peter

bluage #514444 01/01/19 02:34 PM
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Thank you for sharing, Loren - and happy new year to you! I really enjoyed listening to the track - it's a style of music that I really like! I wish there were more places in my country where I could go and listen to "lounge" jazz.

Take care,
Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195