Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Nice song, excellent sound and guitar inside.

Super vocal.
One of your best.

Merry Christmas

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Kenny,

A cool Rock song. Killer vocal.

A "classic" sounding chorus that makes it immediately memorable.

For a "quick demo so there's no real mixing" this sounds pretty dang good!
A raw energy with an excellent "live" feel. Nice guitar work, too...

Enjoyed it. Immensely.

fj

thanks fj

appreciate your kind words

have a Merry Christmas

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Kenny,
great tune!

Lots of good vibe with classic rock feel. So far, this is my favorite of yours. What else you got on those shelves?!

Best regards,
Misha.

hey Misha,

thanks for the listen and kind words

Merry Christmas

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The quality of this does make me wonder just how grand a real mix would be.

hey Ray

thanks for dropping by for a listen and the kind words

Merry Christmas

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Kenny,

A cool Rock song. Killer vocal.

A "classic" sounding chorus that makes it immediately memorable.

For a "quick demo so there's no real mixing" this sounds pretty dang good!
A raw energy with an excellent "live" feel. Nice guitar work, too...

Enjoyed it. Immensely.

fj

I think Floyd hit it square on the head - but doesn't he always?! I agree, in particular, with the "live feel" part of his comment. Your vocals are always to die for. Pretty danged cool! Merry Christmas.

Alan

Thanks Alan,

hope you and Di have a Merry Christmas

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Kenny,

Love the rough & ready feel you`ve got going here.
Killer chorus ( who could resist those ooh hoos!).
With a vocal as strong as any you`ve done I`d say this begs for a revisit... as long as you don`t lose the energy that comes through on this demo.

Robert

Thanks Robert

I appreciate your support and kind words

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Catchy, catchy, catchy!!!! Infectious groove, fun, upbeat lyrics, great vocal!! Even though the mix is unconventional, it really works for this track.....there is a rawness that just feels right.....kind of like an old 60's recording! LOVE IT!!!!! Take care, and merrry Xmas!! Greg.

Thanks Greg

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
I really love the rough raw vigor you've put into little tune...
Often it seems to me the liveliness of a quick demo sounds better to my ears than a slicked down full blown production...
Great job on this one!

Hey Jim,

me too! I didn't want to smooth this one out too much

thanks for the listen and kind words

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kenny !

This is super cool and must be
my favourite of your rockers so far !!!:))
What a voice, so wonderfully suited for
Rockin !!!!

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I'd written this last year after hurricane Harvey. I sent it to Janice and Bud
because I thought Janice could do a killer vocal on it(as she does on everything)
They had a hurricane song in the works already (Maria Blues) so I set this on the
shelf. Later I put more vocals and my guitar part on but the tracks were all pulled
over into my DAW onto one track for a quick demo so there's no real mixing on this.
I kind of re-discovered it and decided that it should see the light of day, warts and all.
Thanks for the listen and comments.

https://soundcloud.com/kfl44/stronger_hurricane

Stronger Than A Hurricane
© 2017 Kenny Leverett

It’s been a long time
Waiting for the sun to shine
Shine again
Feels like a new day comin’
Waiting just around the bend

Like all my lonely
Lonely days are gone
So glad we made it thru
We can make it thru any storm

And it’s a kiss
Sweeter than sugarcane
We got love baby
Stronger than a hurricane
Ooh

We were laying low
Dug in tight and good
With a cold hard wind
Tearing thru the neighborhood

You get knocked down
You come right back up again
For a new day comin’
Waiting just around the bend

And it’s a kiss
Sweeter than sugarcane
Sugarcane
We got love baby

And it’s a kiss
Sweeter than sugarcane
Sugarcane
We got love baby
Ooh

dedicated to the resilience of the people in Texas
from my old stomping grounds after hurricane Harvey

Bass 1717 Texas Blues Rock
Drums Rock Sync Kick
Guitar 1718 Electric Rhythm Texas Blues Rock
Guitar 1719 Electric Rhythm Texas Blues Rock

Wow, Kenny, that's the kind of song I could listen to all day and all night, So great and catchy. Your vocal's always amazing (even though I'd like to hear what Janice would make out of it...), the guitar parts are so cool and, please: Let it stay that rough and 'warty' - can't imagine how you could make it more attractive for me ...

Great stuff, man !

Stefan

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Kenny, this certainly deserves to see "the light of day"! I think this is one of my favorites from you! Your vocal just sits perfectly in the mix and sounds "just right"! That guitar work is perfect for the tune! Some great jam here! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey

glad that you liked it, appreciate your kind words

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great groove, my head started nodding from the first bars smile Has very nice rocking 60's feel, some early Beatles and some late Beatles and some raw sound of the Rolling Stones too.

Janne

Hey Janne

Thanks for the listen and kind words

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Like the others have said, I dig the groove, and I love that 60's feel. Vocals are crisp, present, and "on." Thanks for posting this cool tune.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Such a rocking groove!!!

Another great song!!!

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, great groove!

Man, your vocals get me every time! Wish I could sing like that. Nice hearing you play some guitar in there too.

Good song, it definitely deserved to be born and would be worth spending some time on the mix too I think.

Thanks,

I think that I really like the raw energy feel and would be afraid that

if I re-recorded that it might clean up too much.

thanks for the kind words, would love to have you play guitar on something in the future

Yes, the feel is always the most important thing. I've got an old song, first one Chris and I did together actually, that badly needs a better mix but whenever I mess with it it loses the feel.

Sure, I would be happy to do a guitar track for you sometime.

I certainly understand that

I'll contact you and send a song soon (when I get over this cough/crud flu junk)

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Catchy, catchy, catchy!!!! Infectious groove, fun, upbeat lyrics, great vocal!! Even though the mix is unconventional, it really works for this track.....there is a rawness that just feels right.....kind of like an old 60's recording! LOVE IT!!!!! Take care, and merrry Xmas!! Greg.

I completely agree.

This is your best to date IMHO.

I'll take a track like this over any super polished until dull track any day!

You should do more like this.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Kenny, really liked it...it hung together very nicely, with that steady, rocking beat as the backbone..lyrics +++!

Your performance was solid and vocal production outstanding..loved it all!!

Great tribute song!

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Kenny,

I love this and would not change a thing... Love the energy and "live" feel. Tremendous vocal workout - you have a great sound.

Bob

Bob,

thanks so much for the listen and kind words

User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"And it’s a kiss
Sweeter than sugarcane
We got love baby
Ooh
Stronger than a hurricane"

Man, does that ever stick with you.

It's so weird at times how something in a song can suddenly take you to another place. The first couple words here took me immediate to Long Time Coming with Crosby's voice.

Dunno why but it was a good memory!

Demo? Whatever...like Bob said the energy and live groove are powerful.

We said it...everybody has said it. Your voice is a wonderful instrument. Instantly recognizable in a great way. It and the guitar performance just drive this thing.

Over the top cool listen!

J&B

thanks guys,

Long Time Coming "It's been a long time comin', gone to be a long time gone"
Almost cut my hair, must be cause I had the flu for Christmas (am I remembering that right?)

I appreciate ya'lls support and kind words and anytime you want to record this song

just let me know.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
My kind of song Kenny, Raw guitar, raw vocal, gives it an original sound!!!! harmonies, stronger that a hurri,,,, well you know the rest. Love it Kenny

Cliff

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,646
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193