Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
LOVED the guitar on this one Peter, Shades of the Shadows and Lou Reed. Enjoyed my listen.

Thanks Joanne.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW this is fantastic. Love that axe of yours, great tone! The mix was excellent with a great choice of instruments. The vocals were perfect but the lyrics took it over the top for me.

Excellent work here.

Appreciate the review Mario.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Parts of the lyric remind me of Nick cave in Murder Ballad mode.
Cool song - a complete package.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter & Leon,

Loved it. Great lyrics, delivery and production.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As others have said, outstanding guitar work. It flavors the song well. Haunting instrumentation and lyrics. Fitting production choices for your tune.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Peter & Leon,

I really enjoy all your music but this one really catches me. I've seen Dylan and Lou Reed mentioned and I agree - particularly agree with David's comment about the lyric being a true Dylan effort. All that said, the first thing came to me was Leon Redbone.

Awesome song, delivery and production. What a treat!!!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very cool song!!! Love that bass for this song....perfect mood. Melody has the perfect melancholy vibe...kind of a dirge. Guitar solo is great!! Cool lyrics!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very different song Peter and Leon. Loved the intro. Super vocal and lyric. Harmonies were good as well. Excellent guitar work

Thanks Scott

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Nice write...
You delivered the lyrics very well...
I loved the guitar & the sound effects...
Top notch work!

Thanks Jim - Leon sang and wrote the lyric.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, I like this!

Peter, you set the mood perfectly with that guitar intro. Nice processing on Leon's vocal, a bit more reverb than you usually use? Sounds great whatever you did.

Very good writing, I always enjoy Leons lyrics. And nice note choices for the solo, especially liked the outro solo.

Good way to start off 2019!

Thanks Dave

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"You pictured Byron in a suit
Love and devotion absolute
While I was drowning in your eyes
You were re-examining your prize"

Great lines and of course with Bud's name being Byron we have to quote it smile

There is so much to like here...the wind chimes and waves are very nice touches for the intro and outro.

The edge of mystery in the lyric is just right -- not too much or too little.

The lead vocal, unison vocals and harmony vocals add nicely to the build.

And of course the guitar is, as always, a perfect complement to the melody.

Oh, and the bowed bass was cool addition.

Lastly, but not "leastly," the mix does a wonderful job of packing it all in an excellent sounding production.

Kudos guys!

J&B

J&B
Thanks for the kind words and support during the year. Leon & I appreciate it.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

These lyrics are SO Dylan man! I would love to do a cover of this with just an acoustic to show you what I mean. Seriously. P.M. if you bite. smile

It would sound EXACTLY like him. And people give me the Dylan thing. NO--THIS is Dylan.

smile

Good job!

Thanks David - awaiting your version.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Haunting melancholy ballad, sounds bit like Nick Cave's murder ballad but there is no murder here… at least there is some drowning smile Great lyrics anyway, a nice simple arrangement, strings appear at the right moment and the solo fits well. Interpretation is perfect.

Janne

Thanks a lot Janne.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
"PeterF"...

"The Only Way Is Down" sounds like the kind of song that could cause someone to call a suicide prevention hotline! As "Robertkc" noted, "a bad day, indeed".

I am constantly amazed at how many variations of failed romantic relationships there have been in songs. You would think that after thousands of years of songwriters pining away about unrequited love and wounded hearts that we'd just run out of ideas. But then comes Leon, re-imagining the downside of love relationships as though it had happened to him for the first time:

"Woke up from a dream
Tried to figure out what it might mean
Pretty soon it slipped away
It’s what they do in the light of day..."

"Sunshine seems like a mockery..."

"While I was drowning in your eyes..."

This song is an unassailable, bedrock-strong example of why words and music "go together" so fantastically well, just by using a little lyrical imagination to dress all-to-familiar emotions in new, attractive clothing that causes us to look, again, at what we thought we'd seen and understood already.

"PeterF", you sing like a man who's been walking alone, all night long, trying to understand what in the hell went wrong. I'm glad to see you branching out, vocally speaking.

The RealTracks maintain an air of despair that matches that of the lyrics. The song is downbeat, all right, but still supremely listenable because of the new pair of eyes the lyrics give us, to "see".

LOREN

Thanks Loren for the incredible analysis much appreciated. It was Leon who sang this one so I can't take credit for the vocal.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Peter,

a very nice sad song with great lyrics - I think many of us can relate... Again an awesome guitar solo; how the heck do you manage to get that great sound...?

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks Stefan - I am playing through a Line 6 Helix.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
As others have said, outstanding guitar work. It flavors the song well. Haunting instrumentation and lyrics. Fitting production choices for your tune.

Thanks a lot.

Peter

Originally Posted By: rayc
Parts of the lyric remind me of Nick cave in Murder Ballad mode.
Cool song - a complete package.

Thanks Ray

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool song!!! Love that bass for this song....perfect mood. Melody has the perfect melancholy vibe...kind of a dirge. Guitar solo is great!! Cool lyrics!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg

Peter

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Peter & Leon,

I really enjoy all your music but this one really catches me. I've seen Dylan and Lou Reed mentioned and I agree - particularly agree with David's comment about the lyric being a true Dylan effort. All that said, the first thing came to me was Leon Redbone.

Awesome song, delivery and production. What a treat!!!

Alan

Thanks a lot Alan I appreciate all those comments.

Peter

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Thanks Loren for the incredible analysis much appreciated. It was Leon who sang this one so I can't take credit for the vocal.

Peter

Peter...

Oops! Sorry 'bout that. Guess both'a you will have to sing some more so I can learn to distinguish who's at the mike, and who ain't laugh.

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great write - you had me hanging on with the lyrics "Sunshine seems like a mockery..." to see how you'd rhyme it.

Loved the rhymes, some really nice lyrics in there.

Nice guitar solo, too! smile

All around, well done!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a great song Peter! You were very creative putting this together and the instrumentation works well for the mood of the tune! Thanks, Torrey

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195