Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#515167 01/04/19 06:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Because Of You

I made this blues song couple of years ago, but so far I have thought I don't have capacity to sing it. But for the start of the new year, I tried how it would sound with my voice. Fortunately I had a good day and I managed to sing in tune most of the time. Naturally, there are still issues with pronunciation and essing, but the end result is IMO good enough for publishing on this friendly forum smile

The arrangement is based on the _ANGUISH.STY style, but I have added acoustic guitars, piano and organ.

RealDrums: BluesRock128
RealTracks:
Acoustic guitar #536, #2674
Electric guitar #1923, #1924, #2686 (solo)
Electric bass #1922
Organ: 2734
Acoustic Piano #2368

Vocals by me
Mixed in Adobe Audition 2019

Lyrics:

I'm not afraid to show them
the bond we have is real
the misfits can appeal
the world can despise
but I won't apologize.

Days in your glow
drew a shadow
I have lost old friends
because of you
nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you
but I don't regret
love we do.

They said I should not play with you
they frightened me in dreadful ways
but I'm prepared for their blaze
they can batter me
but they can't break my loyalty.

Days...

My firm fist is stronger than their hate
it has more patience than the
vengeful who wait
it stands much longer than
their brittle ties
it has more faith than those
who moralize.

Days...
but I still defend
love we do

------
Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #515180 01/04/19 07:22 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
The lyrics are intriguing showing the strong stance of love against all foes. Love the frank acknowledgement of this personal love. The lyrics speak truth, which I so love. The melody and vocals fit the message perfectly.

jannesan #515213 01/04/19 09:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

This sounds good. A very good mix - crisp and clear.

"nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you"

That brought a smile.

Enjoyed it.

fj

jannesan #515258 01/04/19 12:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this Janne. Kudos for putting your vocal on the track. I thought you did a great vocal and I the backtrack was just excellent..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
jannesan #515262 01/04/19 12:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes there are a few things you could work on BUT I think it works pretty well.
The only thing that I'd suggest is bringing the vocal down a little bit so it sits "in" the track.
Nice work.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
jannesan #515367 01/04/19 08:22 PM
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, "jannesan"...

Wow! Allow me to say first that the chord changes in your song, "Because of You" chart an arc of emotions that ranged from chilly darkness to the liberating light. Listening to it was like turning corners in a maze: there was some suspense over what new feelings I would run into.

Your lyrics tell a strong story of an obviously strong committment/involvement with a person who clearly arouses envy in others. By the time I got to the line, "My firm fist is stronger than their hate", I said to myself, "This man (the subject of your song) is not to be played with!" The possibility of using violence to defend, or protect a romantic relationship, is final, powerful, and very real, as we all know how our emotions can escalate when our feelings for another are threatened.

Your RealTracks arrangement fully supported the dramatic intensity of the lyrics. The song ended up being memorable because of its unflinching declaration of the "loyalty" that is spoken of in it.

Strong stuff, "jannesan"! And don't worry about your vocal. I understood every word that you sang.

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
jannesan #515524 01/05/19 12:38 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I like the chord progression, some minor sections and some major sections. Matches well with lyrics.

-rob

jannesan #515547 01/05/19 01:53 PM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Like others, I'm impressed with your chord progressions...
They really add to the cool appeal of your composition...
I'm glad you went with own voice & I heartily agree with you...
you vocal is more than "good enough for publishing on this friendly forum".

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
The lyrics are intriguing showing the strong stance of love against all foes. Love the frank acknowledgement of this personal love. The lyrics speak truth, which I so love. The melody and vocals fit the message perfectly.

Thanks Belladonna for your kind words smile I'm glad you found so many nice things to say about my lyrics blush

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
This sounds good. A very good mix - crisp and clear.
"nights in your arms awoke the demons
I've got new enemies because of you"
That brought a smile.
Enjoyed it.
fj

Thanks Floyd, I appreciate your kind comment smile I'm glad to make you smile laugh

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Scott C #515653 01/05/19 11:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Janne. Kudos for putting your vocal on the track. I thought you did a great vocal and I the backtrack was just excellent..

Thanks Scott for your kind and encouraging words smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #515662 01/06/19 01:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Janne,

Great song! Loved the backing tracks and your vocal works fine. The lyric speaks truth and is very well written. loved it!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

jannesan #515665 01/06/19 02:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

I think you nailed this... Great job - much enjoyed my listen.

Bob

jannesan #515666 01/06/19 02:37 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good writing here, I enjoyed your lyrics, and nice job on the production and mix also.

Enjoyed!

jannesan #515704 01/06/19 06:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Janne,
Cheers to those good days!
Good composition and production, I liked some twists in lyrics/vocal articulation.

Say hi to beautiful Moominland.

Best regards,
Misha.

jannesan #515711 01/06/19 06:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Janne !:))

Great tune, my friend !
Enjoyable tune as your
tunes always are !:))

Cheers
Dani

jannesan #515779 01/06/19 12:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

I always enjoy the way you move around genres in your songs- the structure of this is more straightforward than some and that highlights the lyrics: an interesting mix of affirmation and opposition!
Your vocals and the mix sound good.

Robert

jannesan #515831 01/06/19 04:18 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really interesting lyric angle on this Janne!! Very creative! And the music matches with some darkness/bluesyness in the chorus. Mix/arrangement work great!! Very good job on this one!! Take care. Greg

jannesan #515840 01/06/19 05:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Janne

Really interesting song, nice progression and lyrics and the overall production is very strong.
Good work.

Peter

rayc #516256 01/08/19 09:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes there are a few things you could work on BUT I think it works pretty well.
The only thing that I'd suggest is bringing the vocal down a little bit so it sits "in" the track.
Nice work.

Thanks Ray for your kind words smile I usually get feedback to put vocal up, so I guess I have learned that lesson and now I have to get back to find the perfect spot smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195