Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks.

Got this issue in BIAB (64bit) when using Halion Sonic. When I try to adjust volume of individual tracks in Halion. (I set Halion as a default VST).
The error is this:
Address violation at address 00000000269FB100 in Module "Halion Sonic.dll"
Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This happened at least 5 times, so it is not a random thing. Couple of times I tried to send error log to PG from the program, on second occasion whole thing (BIAB) just froze.

Can anybody suggest how to fix this?

Thank you,
Misha.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 01/11/19 02:38 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
there's ANOTHER file that needs to be collocated with with the .dll called "HALion Sonic.srf"

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Larry, thank you for the reply!
Can you please explain what to do with the file in BIAB: HALion Sonic.srf
To stop "address violation" crashes?

Thank you.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi Folks.

Got this issue in BIAB (64bit) when using Halion Sonic. When I try to adjust volume of individual tracks in Halion. (I set Halion as a default VST).
The error is this:
Address violation at address 00000000269FB100 in Module "Halion Sonic.dll"
Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This happened at least 5 times, so it is not a random thing. Couple of times I tried to send error log to PG from the program, on second occasion whole thing (BIAB) just froze.

Can anybody suggest how to fix this?

Thank you,
Misha.

Address violations are often related to permissions. You can either try 'take ownership', a registry tool, or reset your permissions with Tweaking.com 's free Windows Repair AIO. There's a portable version around too. Use it in safe mode, the program has an option to reboot in safe mode. While at it you can repair the windows installer and run SFC.exe ..F

Veteran
Veteran
nothing you can or even should do with it - it just needs to be where the .dll is

- as far as other issuers see fiddlers response

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you!!!

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Unfortunately did not help.

1) HALion Sonic.srf is where dll is.
2)I changed permissions to full
3)run BIAB as administrator.

Everything works well in Sonic except when I try to change volumes on channels.

More... When I try to "Send" error log to PG through their reporting system, BIAB crashes (becomes unresponsive)

I believe I saved the error log to PC, if PG wants to help or need my help to try to figure out why their own reporting system crashes BIAB, you are welcome to contact me.

Thanks.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Unfortunately did not help.

1) HALion Sonic.srf is where dll is.
2)I changed permissions to full
3)run BIAB as administrator.

Everything works well in Sonic except when I try to change volumes on channels.

More... When I try to "Send" error log to PG through their reporting system, BIAB crashes (becomes unresponsive)

I believe I saved the error log to PC, if PG wants to help or need my help to try to figure out why their own reporting system crashes BIAB, you are welcome to contact me.

Thanks.

Lol, just today i had volume issues too in Cubase .... had to use the slider in the HS mixer to set it right.

BIAB: Try channel 16, i had some issues with sound, and found it worked there only for some reason with BIAB 2019 x64.
Later i changed it to Main, without further problems. See picture:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB settings HALION.jpg (186.48 KB, 193 downloads)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Fiddler, switching channel did not work.
Per suggestion from PG tech.... I re-installed H.Sonic. Did not do it. It crashes when volumes on HS are moved. Strange thing is... I have tried a midi file that had volume program changes, sliders were moving like a brand new train on oiled tracks-no crashes. Happens when I manually move them. With several other indications, I am 90% sure it is BIAB bug. It works solid in DAW and other places as VST.

Veteran
Veteran
OK you are correct - I was able to duplicate similar HS as well as in the full HAlion 6 itself (when I use the volume in the instruments rack slot)

For HS:

I CAN change overall Volume (top middle of HS screen) or even the mixer windows FX1-FX4 sends even with OUTPUT set to 16 (far right hand side of MIXER window part/track) – it sometimes moves up or down a little with NO CRASH but more than a little and I get a crash (obviously in a different memory location – but a crash nonetheless (actually it’s an access violation at a memory address with a an all “F” read at that address = means it sees max machine negative value – means nothing to me without source code or machine code )

As soon as I try and change the volume or Pan in the same mixer window (or in case of Halion 6 in the tracks slot window) and try to change an individual parts/tracks volume I get a crash - same (similar) error

but I also get a pop-up with option to send PG the crash log – did you FORWARD that info (like the attached which I sent one for both HS and full H6 just did to help them trouble shoot?)

Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Thursday, January 10, 2019.jpg (26.7 KB, 170 downloads)

Expert
Expert
I had several GUI problems with plug ins. I thought then they were Cubase 10 related. Turned out to be Visual Basics installed. I downloaded all the latest, both x96 and x64 versions from Microsoft, also the obscurer ones i could find, 2011, 12,13 etc. and DotNet (472?) De-installed all the ones from Windows, and reinstalled the lot, IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER by date. You could check your graphics drivers too. Some say when possible you should turn hardware acceleration OFF. Reinstall DotNET too.

On the Steinberg forum: Halion 3 crashes

You could check your DirectX too, DXDIAG, built into windows somewhere ...

PS i have still appearing audio stutters, but only when i am time-stretching and pitching in Cubase's audio editor. Can't find that one but IMO also Graphics related. Frigging windows, once it runs it's fine, but GRRR at times. -F

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Larry, Thank you for your time and testing!

A person from PG (no names) was extremely rude to me when I called about this issue today. I did not expect that. I was trying to make a point, that H.Sonic works everywhere seamlessly except for BIAB.
I sincerely hope that it is not usual behavior for that rep and it was just a rare event - a result of long day stress.

Larry, yes I tried sending the report. As soon as I click that send button BIAB freezes/crashes.
If (If I do not click it, I am able to revive about 1/2 of the time)

This is not a random thing. It directly relates to how BIAB handles this VST. Sonic Halion is the only professional GM MIDI VST available that is up to date. PG, please look into to it.

I mentioned (to the same rep) that BIAB crashes when I try to send report. I hope that it will get fixed too.

P.S. I will not call again concerning this issue, but In case this post is read by the rep that answered my call today: I followed your suggestion and completely re-installed Halion Sonic. As I suspected, it did absolutely nothing. BIAB still crashes when volumes in HS are moved manually. HS still works perfectly everywhere else.

Veteran
Veteran
well I sent in my one for Halion Sonic and one for HAlion full v 6 - so we'll see

I know there are other here that have HAlion 6 (as well as Sonic) so maybe they could chime in if it works in 64 bit BIAB or not : Just move the part's volume slider (not the master vol.) or pan back and forth and see if it crashes

Larry

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Larry,
I am using 64bit. As I mentioned, it works absolutely perfect in other software or as a VST or standalone.
I am glad, you were able to send the report and it did not crash your BIAB. You mentioned feedback from people who are using 64bit BIAB.... Are you using 32Bit?

What I am afraid of, and I hope it is just that one person who I spoke to yesterday at PG, is in state of denial about this H.S. issue. I actually bought H.Sonic for the most part, specifically to use it in BIAB...

In my opinion, this is what PG should do. If they do not have H.Sonic on their test computers, download a 30 day demo and pinpoint exactly what is going on. If they need my help in testing, they know how to find me. I will not be calling about this issue again as I do not like to be insulted.

Thank you.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 01/11/19 06:14 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
working with PG now on it

Veteran
Veteran
I'll give this a try this weekend with Halion Sonic.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John,
Thank you for willing to test... But I would not even go there.
If Larry was able to replicate the problem in same manner that it got me , it exists.

I am very sure the problem is with BIAB / How it handles the plugin.

If you google:"access violation" "halion sonic 3" you will see that this is not a global and most hits point to this post.

P.S. As it goes: First step to recovery is acceptance. Until PG looks at it, I doubt users can resolve this.., but who knows?

Misha.

Veteran
Veteran
Actually the more folks that test it and REPORT it to PG with details, assuming they have issues, the better.

I also reported that this THREAD was here when I replied back to a support email this afternoon with more details from my end.

Larry

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
These BIAB crashing issues were driving me absolutely nuts.
I think I fixed it. So far no crashes when using H.S. channel volumes or other VST settings.

What I did:
1) Uninstalled H.S. (I reinstalled it before, did not help)
2)Uninstalled BIAB
3)Clean install Halion Sonic version 3.2.10.94 (64 bit) Oct 12/2018 (latest)
4)Installed BIAB w latest 612 build.

I hope this helps to somebody in same situation.

Misha.

Veteran
Veteran
I got the same result. I used Halion Sonic as my default sound source. As long as I left everything on the mixer (in Sonic) alone, everything seemed to work fine. However, once I started moving the sliders around, I got an exception error and ultimately BIAB crashed on me.

So I can confirm this is an issue.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,509
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195