You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#516428 - 01/09/19 08:08 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION
Loc: West Virginia
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hi PGM,
Happy new year!

*Ability to upgrade/add only the genre(s) users are interested in. For me, that's small combo Jazz.

*Consider offering a bonus pack of just Mike Moreno solos and grooves, just a pack of Mike LeDonne, Jeff Lorber, etc. These guys are a cut-above!

*More RealTracks, Soloist tracks, and RealDrums for 'Ev' even-feel Jazz like Fusion, Funk, and Latin. There are currently no acoustic piano soloists and limited rhythm choices.

*Trumpet soloist like Rick Braun (Smooth) and Sean Jones (Swing)

*Perhaps some synth solos, more choice on rhythm too.

*I found a latin percussion track called SalsaChaCha mislabeled 'congas and timbal,' it's bongos and guiro. I'd like a version with independent tracks of each instrument, not both. Also need congas. Timbales too!

Thank you!

Edited by Warren Keller (01/09/19 08:01 PM)

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist, Writer, Singer

"I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'
She is all that I have left and music is her name"

#516513 - 01/09/19 12:47 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1 for RTs and MIDI.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#516618 - 01/09/19 06:20 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
+1
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#516679 - 01/10/19 05:06 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Buford, GA
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
+1

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2019

#516837 - 01/10/19 05:16 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Warren Keller
snip ...
*I found a latin percussion track called SalsaChaCha mislabeled 'congas and timbal,' it's bongos and guiro. snip ...

Warren,

Please provide the full percussion track name. That way, this post can be forwarded to PG Music support so they can easily identify and correct the track data.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#516985 - 01/11/19 10:04 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Jim Fogle]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Jimbo, it is indeed RealDrums 'SalsaChaCha^1' and says 'a. Congas b. Timbal.' There is definitely conga there, I believe I hear bongos as well. No 'timbal' (timbales?) for sure, but perhaps rim shots as there's a 'bell' tone there too. A guiro, however, is probably the most prevalent sound. Will you forward?

Edited by Warren Keller (01/11/19 10:26 AM)

#517438 - 01/13/19 04:54 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

I should have also included Dwight Sills lead and rhythm guitar work for the Smooth Jazz, Funk genres- invaluable! More please!

#517586 - 01/13/19 03:15 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Jim Fogle]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the clarification Warren,

For future use or for others that maybe reading this thread you can send an email to: support@pgmusic.com with details about any inaccuracies you run across.

I've sent in multiple documentation errors over the years. Sometimes I will run across a RealTracks or RealDrums that has an unusual noise or is playing a note I don't expect. When that happens I will (1) freeze all tracks, (2) save the SGU or MGU file, (3) render the offending track to audio, (4) edit the audio track down to a short clip that includes the sound, (5) create an email that includes a short description (bar 31, beat 2 bass track has loud microphone thump!) of what I'm hearing as well as the audio clip and song file.

Sometimes I'll get a response but most times I don't. However, I keep a copy of all the emails I've sent and will check and find out that many are corrected after an update.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#517659 - 01/14/19 03:02 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

It would also be nice if they could make styles more user friendly, it takes a lot of work finding the style you really want

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#517668 - 01/14/19 04:03 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: furry]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
It would also be nice if they could make styles more user friendly, it takes a lot of work finding the style you really want

Good morning Graham. Well, it's morning here anyway. Regarding Stylemaker searches, I use a search technique that's always been there but I recently learned how well it reduces time and effort when locating appropriate Styles. I have 6,762 Styles. Filtering by type, the breakdown of styles are 3,287 RealStyles and 2,696 Midi Styles. There's a bit of overlap I assume to account for hybrids because those total to more Styles than my total Styles liste.

I start a Style search by filtering the type to Midi only. It reduces my search count initially by nearly 2/3. But it seems the midi Styles have other benefits as well. Many of the midi styles predate the RealTracks era and these older styles many times were created with a specific groove and recognizable feel of an actual song or Artist Style than what I find with RealTracks.

RealTrack Styles are more of a group of instruments that play well together than a style developed based on a commercial released song or the groove of an Artist in mind. RealTracks are based on audio of recorded chord progressions and sequences and while they have a definite groove, as you know, there's no really good way beyond the filters provided by the StyleMaker to narrow searches. The midi Styles have many recognizable grooves so I'm searching and adding RealTracks that play well with the specific groove of my project.

For instance. If you're trying to find a Style similar in groove to the Bee Gees 'Stayin Alive', check out Midi Style Bgees2 Pop 16th. Temptsns2 Style gives you a similar sound to 'My Girl'. Norton Styles and other third party styles provide thousands more. My point is that it seems in time gone by, Midi Styles were constructed more to resemble an actual song or replicate the genre or feel of specific artists. For me, with additional filters to reduce my initial search, midi Styles yield faster and more pertinent results.

Now days, using this search method, I'm quickly locating a Style that sounds like the right groove. I also find I'm including some elements from the midi style into my project. It's really improved me getting the 'sound' I have in my head where often times using RealStyles, I'll choose a RealTrack style that sounds great with my projects, key, tempo and chord chart, but varies from my original melody or groove. Hope this helps you a bit.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (01/14/19 04:08 AM)

#517716 - 01/14/19 08:43 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
furry Offline
Veteran

Thanks Charlie I use this myself, doesn't always work for ballads or rarer styles.

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#517746 - 01/14/19 11:21 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: furry]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
Thanks Charlie I use this myself, doesn't always work for ballads or rarer styles.

You're right. I guess that's one reason getting new STyles and RealTracks are always some of the main excitement with each release. But getting close to 7,000 styles and finding just the right one can be a daunting task.

I keep watching Make your own Midi Style video trying to grasp the concept to address some of the harder ones to find by making a custom style. I'm not very good at it yet. If I were in need of one in a project that mattered, I'd have Norton Music prepare one for me.

#518015 - 01/15/19 11:59 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION [Re: Warren Keller]
furry Offline
Veteran

I DO enjoy mucking around with one RT then adding and building a style that suits my melody

PG Music News
Train Your Ear with the Band-in-a-Box® Ear Training Window!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® and you'll be able to access the "Ear Training Window - Chord Tutor" feature within the program. You can also access this using the keyboard command Ctrl+Shift+J.

The Ear Training tutor is a great way to learn to "play-by-ear" - the program will play a chord, and you'll identify it... it's that easy! (or difficult, depending on how well you know your chords!) Plus, your score can be tracked so that you can record your progress. It's never too late to learn!

Although this video is based on an older version of Band-in-a-Box®, it is still accurate - so check out this feature in action here. (or, load the program and give it a try!)

Read more about this feature within our Online Manual, here.

#trainingtuesday

Band-in-a-Box® Program Manuals - Online Resource

Did you know that you can view both a PDF & an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2019 (and RealBand 2018-2019) on our support page? It's a quick and handy way to look up feature explanations, tutorials, and other resources without having to locate your physical manual or the PDF in your BB folder!

Learn more here.

Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Forum Stats
29655 Members
60 Forums
58503 Topics
492863 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ComposerMom, Charlotte, Blastimo, Garld1995, yoMuzicMan

29655 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Tommyc 144