You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#516813 - 01/10/19 03:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan)
Loc: United Kingdom
Aubrey Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United Kingdom
It would be really useful to have an option to render wav files without any pan or reverb added by BIAB.

During BIAB composition I like to hear the track with panning and reverb but when I render the wav tracks to load into my DAW I prefer these effects to be removed so that I can add them directly within the DAW as required.

At present I need to set pan to zero and turn off reverb on each individual track before rendering my song. This is fiddly and time consuming (particularly getting the pan zeroised) and, if I forget, will require me to repeat the render and DAW load again.

It would be great to have a checkbox on the render dialogue screen to turn off these effects and a setting in preferences as to how this checkbox should be defaulted.

This would really improve my workflow.

#516865 - 01/10/19 07:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Aubrey]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

This would be a convenient way to achieve the required outcome.
+1
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#516869 - 01/10/19 07:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Aubrey]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Aubrey,

If you right-click on the "Master" track and then select "Select mix to Flat, Dry and Center", it does exactly what you're after.

Regards,
Noel

Attachments
master flat dry centre.JPG

#516873 - 01/10/19 07:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Noel96]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I was trying to undo 2 but found "Reset" does the job.

It would help to have the master menu and combo fx on the mixer as you have them All on the top bar and All but the Master on the Mixer.

Attachments
BB-Mixer-FX-Master-menu.png

#516885 - 01/10/19 09:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Noel96]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Aubrey,

If you right-click on the "Master" track and then select "Select mix to Flat, Dry and Center", it does exactly what you're after.

Regards,
Noel

What you describe is a neat feature but does NOT solve the problem! If I am understanding the OP's request it is what I also want and that is...give me an option to render without any effects or panning but DON'T change the mixer settings in my song in order to achieve this. The problem this feature causes is it changes all of my mixer settings and if I then forget and save the file again those settings are now lost.

Also, the way this works is wrong in that changes to the panning or volume, etc. should trigger the warning to save your work when you quit or load a new file. If I make those changes manually then the warning appears but if I let this feature change my mixer settings this feature does not work.

Edited by JohnJohnJohn (01/10/19 09:17 PM)

#516904 - 01/11/19 12:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Aubrey]
Loc: Spain
Cerio Offline
Expert

Loc: Spain
Originally Posted By: Aubrey
It would be really useful to have an option to render wav files without any pan or reverb added by BIAB.

During BIAB composition I like to hear the track with panning and reverb but when I render the wav tracks to load into my DAW I prefer these effects to be removed so that I can add them directly within the DAW as required.

At present I need to set pan to zero and turn off reverb on each individual track before rendering my song. This is fiddly and time consuming (particularly getting the pan zeroised) and, if I forget, will require me to repeat the render and DAW load again.

It would be great to have a checkbox on the render dialogue screen to turn off these effects and a setting in preferences as to how this checkbox should be defaulted.

This would really improve my workflow.

+1

#516943 - 01/11/19 07:53 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Aubrey]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

#517111 - 01/12/19 02:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Would this help (artist impression only, don't go looking for it) :

Attachments
BB-Audio-Render.png

#517123 - 01/12/19 05:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Yep, that would be just about perfect!
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#517348 - 01/12/19 07:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Aubrey]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

a little warmer... almost perfect.... smile

I would still prefer mixer "snapshots" instead.

*Somewhere on the mixer, not some "unusual" hidden place.

With one of the default snapshots as "dry&centered", then when you render, you would get what you see in mixer.....>your last chosen snapshot, which in this case can be dry&centered.

4 slots should be enough.

A)Default
B)Dry&Centered
C)User created
D)User created

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Rustyspoon# (01/12/19 07:15 PM)

#517350 - 01/12/19 07:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Would this help (artist impression only, don't go looking for it) :

PERFECT!!

PG Music News
Train Your Ear with the Band-in-a-Box® Ear Training Window!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® and you'll be able to access the "Ear Training Window - Chord Tutor" feature within the program. You can also access this using the keyboard command Ctrl+Shift+J.

The Ear Training tutor is a great way to learn to "play-by-ear" - the program will play a chord, and you'll identify it... it's that easy! (or difficult, depending on how well you know your chords!) Plus, your score can be tracked so that you can record your progress. It's never too late to learn!

Although this video is based on an older version of Band-in-a-Box®, it is still accurate - so check out this feature in action here. (or, load the program and give it a try!)

Read more about this feature within our Online Manual, here.

#trainingtuesday

Band-in-a-Box® Program Manuals - Online Resource

Did you know that you can view both a PDF & an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2019 (and RealBand 2018-2019) on our support page? It's a quick and handy way to look up feature explanations, tutorials, and other resources without having to locate your physical manual or the PDF in your BB folder!

Learn more here.

Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Forum Stats
29655 Members
60 Forums
58503 Topics
492863 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ComposerMom, Charlotte, Blastimo, Garld1995, yoMuzicMan

29655 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Tommyc 144