Go To
#517904 01/14/19 11:12 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
EMG Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi guys,

I've opened a support ticket but I post here the problem to see if anyones has any idea about what is happening

I've upgraded from BB2018 and after a few weeks without playing I wanted to start to play with it.
After finding a nice demo, I try to use it but I discovered a lot of Realtracks and Realdrums are missing.

BB2019 was updated with the last update yesterday and yesterday, I tried once again to download all the files and reinstall them all.

Keep in mind that I'v e downloaded all this files THREE TIMES just to retry and retry.

Registration Bonus
2019 Bonus 0-PAK (Windows)
Loops Set 2 and Held Chord Styles (Windows)
Pro RealTracks 5 (Windows)
Pro RealTracks 6 (Windows)
Mega RealTracks 1 (Windows)
Mega RealTracks 2 (Windows)
Mega RealTracks 3 (Windows)
Mega RealTracks 4 (Windows)
Mega RealTracks 5 (Windows)
2019 Bonus 49-PAK (49PAK-I)
2019 Bonus 49-PAK (Windows)
Re-amped RealTracks (Windows)

THE PROBLEM

Happens with a lot of styles using Realtracks and realdrums, but also some midi.

For example, if I Want to use the style _BEWITCH, on all the realtracks i see N/A

I simply can' t use the style I want.
This happens with many styles.

In fact, considering 395 directories in the c:/bb/realtracks folder, 79 of them are EMPTY.
those directories contain only a .txt file named "AlternateFolderNames.txt".

Considering the example above, the bass, guitar, piano and drums folders does no exist at all

POSSIBLE EXPLANATION?

Trying to understand what was the problem (I'm web programmer), I discovered that when I install for example Mega RealTracks 5, the splash dialog show a list of the Realtracks installed:

RealTracks [ Mega RealCombos Installer 5 ]

Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 085
Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieArp Sw 110
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieRootFive Sw 110
etc etc

When I search those directories, I found a lot of them had no files in it. Only a file called AlternateFolderNames.txt

So what says the installer will be installed, IS REALLY NOT INSTALLED. Only a directory is created....

I simply can 't spend hour searching for styles I like and then when trying to use the style I hear....NOTHING.
Because this is what happens... an N/A realtrack will make no sound at all.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thank you

EMG

------------------------------------------
My music: https://soundcloud.com/ermar-gamar
My stuff: Stratocaster '89, PRS SE Santana, Digitech RP90 Multi Effect, Vocalist Live 3, Digital Piano Korg SP, Studio One 3.5, Presonus Audiobox, BB 2018
EMG #517906 01/14/19 11:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran
EMG,

It would be worthwhile discussing this with Sales staff.

From the look of the files that you've listed, you have purchased the MegaPak upgrade. If that's the case there will be Realtrack and Realdrum files missing because the MegaPak does not provide the complete ensemble of Realtracks and Realdrums. The first package that has everything, except Bonus material, is the UltraPak.

Next time Live Help/Chat is open, why not chat directly to someone from Sales. They'll be able help.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #518052 01/15/19 12:07 PM
EMG Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi Noel!

Thank you for answering.

I may understand that some realtrack may be missing, but is not clear to me why the installers says that it will be installed some realtrack that is not finally installed.

The Mega RealCombos Installer 5 should install for example

Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieArp Sw 110
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieRootFive Sw 110

From those, I have all the directories created by the installer, but only the first one as files on it.
The other two have only one file, the "AlternateFolderNames.txt". No realtrack at all.

What I don't like neither is to have several styles with all the instruments N/A because the use missing realtrack!

Is like someone give you a cake but you cannot eat it (you may listen the demo in this case, but you can't recreate the exact demo because the demo require the ultrapack.

As web programmer, I think the Maegapack user should be able to listen the demos with the Megapack realtrack availables.

I understand they are doing this to trying to buy more packs or upgrade... but I don't like at all this kind of marketing strategy....

Apart this... still unclear why the installer says will something that is not really installed.

My stuff: Stratocaster '89, PRS SE Santana, Digitech RP90 Multi Effect, Vocalist Live 3, Digital Piano Korg SP, Studio One 3.5, Presonus Audiobox, BB 2018
EMG #518053 01/15/19 12:33 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
It is normal to have some RT folders with only a text file in it - you have these RealTracks, they are just using audio files from other folders.

The style _Bewitch.sty was included with the bonus 49PAK. When creating RealStyles to include in the 49PAK, we showcase one or more RealTracks from the 49PAK, but also use other RealTracks instruments not in the 49PAK, as needed/appropriate for the style. One option you have is to ignore those styles completely - in the StylePicker, from the "Other" dropdown select "only show styles with RealTracks / RealDrums that are found". Another option is to load the style, and substitute in a RT that you do have (try right-clicking on the track | RealTracks | Choose Best..)

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
EMG #518056 01/15/19 12:50 PM
EMG Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Oh.

Ok. I'll show styles with RealTracks / RealDrums that are found for the future to avoid this situations.

Last edited by EMG; 01/15/19 01:45 PM.

EMG #518059 01/15/19 01:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ernesto,

Today is the last day of the PG Music special deals with Band In A Box.

I pass on the following information in case it is useful for you.

Because you purchased BIAB 2018, if I am reading the prices page correctly, you only have to pay US$189 to upgrade from the 2018 MegaPak to the 2019 UltraPak. You would not have to pay nearly $500 -- that's the 'first time purchase' price.

Because of the 30-day moneyback guarantee that PG Music offer, if you wanted to get a refund on the MegaPak upgrade, you could then pay the difference to get the UltraPak. If you contact Sales today about it, you should get a good deal.

If you are curious about this, use "Live Help/Chat" to talk to sales staff directly.

Once you have the UltraPak, for the past few years, it's only been costing users US$100 each year to keep up to date with the program (that price is excluding BonusPaks).

Kind regards,
Noel

P.S. I've sent this information in a private message to you as well in case you don't see this post.

Last edited by Noel96; 01/15/19 01:10 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
EMG #518078 01/15/19 01:44 PM
EMG Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Ok. I made the upgrade.
Thank you Noel for the info!

EMG #518081 01/15/19 02:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran
My pleasure Ernesto! I've always found PG Music a great company to deal with.

I wasn't sure if it was of interest to you but I thought that it would be better to post my thoughts and then let you decide.

You won't regret getting the UltraPak! I used this for many years before getting the Audiophile edition.

Seeing that you have also bought the Bonus49Pak, you should have all the Realtracks now (unless there were some in past years that are restricted due to copyright limitations agreed to between PG Music and the artist).

One of the most important things with the Realtracks, is not to let their names cloud your opinion of them. I've used jazz Realtracks in Country songs and vice versa (that's only a couple that I can recall of many cross-matched genres that I've used)... the sky is the limit, really.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199