Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#517719 01/14/19 07:04 AM
Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Today I was feeling gratitude and thankful for so many riches in my life. So many times I am way too critical of myself and my efforts and I usually set my bar way high. Driving my 31 year old son to the airport this morning and on the way back time to reflect on life and where he's at as a young man and where I'm at. So grateful to be able to write songs about life and it's joys, struggles, heartaches good and bad. Hey, maybe I'm not famous (who cares) just more free to be me. How many people around you do what you do? In my case it takes a period of time to improve, get better and get where you want to be, still it's a life time of work. Would I want it to be any other way, no? If it were easy anyone and everyone would do it. It would not be so precious either. What a totally wonderful, beautiful journey and how lucky are we? Also, so thankful to BIAB for making this so much more beautiful and obtainable. How often do we stop and give ourselves a pat on the back? Just sayin!!!

Last edited by Belladonna; 01/14/19 07:08 AM.
Songwriting
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Donna...

Well, well, well, now...looks as though you experienced one of those ecstatically humbling, gloriously exhilarating, "My, but I'm so glad to be alive!" kind of days, eh smile ??? Another blessing, for sure.

I believe life is ALWAYS sweet when we share the sweetness with others, and I mean doling it out in big buckets, 'cause what you want out of life you gotta give away -- in my opinion, anyway. So...thank you for passing it around!

Truly,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
To me, THAT is what makes you successful. Truly awesome!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes, yes, yes and all the good peoples here on this forum. Feeling so blessed for knowing you guys and all the others here.

Songwriting
Journeyman
Journeyman
This is a wonderful post Belladonna, and it's a great idea to share this post here. This forum is a home away from home family/community... Thanks for posting it

LPman #517947 01/15/19 04:57 AM
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: LPman
This is a wonderful post Belladonna, and it's a great idea to share this post here. This forum is a home away from home family/community... Thanks for posting it

I totally agree. This is the most friendly site on the entire Internet and I glad that I am a part of it. YMMV grin grin

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran

Donna,

I would say this is the MOST important thing.

I have mentioned I am reading the best non-fiction how-to book I have ever read in my life by author and celebrity literary agent Donald Maass. It is called "The Breakout Novelist: Craft and Strategies for Career Fiction."

Talking about "God" in literary circles is supposed to be "forbidden" (by some people's opinions) but he goes there anyway. Instead of going on for a million pages about "you need to have a dramatic character arc" [no kidding, YAWN], he goes to heart of the matter. Here is a paraphrase of a gem:

"Make sure to take notes on all the little miracles that God works in your life every day. It may just be the kindness of your spouse. If you have ever looked at your spouse or a loved one and felt a silent moment of awe and humility you have experienced God. So keep careful notes on all those little miracles that happen to you every day. A lot of people love to read about that kind of stuff. Like millions of people. Just sayin'. Hey, how about dark, dreary, highly intelligent, gloomy, sarcastic books where evil triumphs in the end? You might sell two copies. Just sayin'."

This guy's agency sells 150 hot property books every year.

Counting your blessings and cheering people up is where it's at.

smile

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
So beautifully stated, Belladonna!

Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Reading more of everyone's happiness posts this morning. So nice to take some deep breaths and reflect on how blessed we are. Creativity is truly one of God's gifts to mankind and may we all luxuriate in it totally.

Last edited by Belladonna; 01/15/19 06:19 AM.
Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
David Snyder, I've heard you mention this book in some other posts and it's got me curious. I love books but have so little time to sit and read, just wondered if you could post a little more about what the book's about? Is it inspiration? What makes it more alluring than all the other how to write books out there? So if you would like, I would love to hear why you think it's so special.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Nice post Donna. Feeling genuine gratitude for everything in our lives, no matter what, is a sure way to experience true peace.

David thanks for reminding me of that small point... and I agree whole heartedly. I am going to start jotting everyday things down.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Thank you for such an inspiring post Donna. Attitude of gratitude - the sweet and most potent daily tonic for the soul.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran

Donna,

I am trying to make the great leap from writing non-fiction books to novels. I.e., story-telling, and "keep them on the edge of their seats" stuff. Not much different than songwriting. I have read maybe 12 different books on how to write a novel that people will actually buy, read, enjoy, recommend, etc. But they seemed just a little too obvious. Like "you need an exciting story and conflict." No kidding.

But THIS book (which has 75 worksheets) shows you EXACTLY HOW to get the reader by the coat, so to speak, from the first paragraph, and hold their attention throughout so they literally won't be able to move or go to the bathroom until they finish. He shows you, again, exactly HOW to do it. His main theme is that no matter your gender, or background, and no matter the story line, the reader has to say this about the main character: "This is kind of like me. I have felt that. I have lived through something like that. And I have always wanted to say that. She just said it for me and she said it better."

If you can do that, he suggests, a million people will read your book. It's fascinating, and again, meticulous the way he lays it all out. Best thing I have ever read in the how-to genre.

Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Wow David. The book sounds so awesome. I'm going to put it on my wishlist to read as soon as I can.

Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Joanne and Sundance. I want to make this more of a regular practice this year. Feeling gratitude. Also, thanks LP Man, Mario and Don for your wishes of gratitude also. A great, happy productive year to all of you.

Last edited by Belladonna; 01/15/19 06:19 PM.
Songwriting
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This was such a heartfelt post! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really warmed my heart.

Cheers,
Ember
Songwriting
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Ember.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,555
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199