Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
So to create MultiRiffs in Biab much the same way as RealBand does.

If I have all my tracks in my DAW, recorded session or BB tracks, so I need some solos or instrument fills.

I have set the solo/fill section to start earlier or end later as in RealBand's MultiRiff's, in BB I just highlight a bar before and after.
Using F5 I mute the tracks @ bar 1, un-mute @ bar 8, mute @ bar 13.
If you can automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs (this should be quick as the other bars are muted, actually empty), so if you highlight the bars then go up to a "MultiRiff" button that will let you choose the RT you want and then mutes the non selected bars and gives me 7 RT Solos/Fills to choose from.
With my downmixed stereo file loaded into the audio track I can find one that fits (you can even look at the notation of each of the 7 Riffs beforehand that you can't do in Realband), all we need to do is solo a riff and the Audio track, hit play or highlight a section and loop it, this will play our song Audio track along with it til we find one that fits while BB is looping, or generate up 7 again with Play/Generate button, then drag it out, either the section bars by highlighting them or the whole track without highlighting any bars.
You can also drag the RealCharts out to your DAW, click your notation window.
Once we have ReWire implemented soon, BB as Master and DAW as slave, you can use MultiRiffs with ReWire instead of having to load your downmix into the BB Audio track.
So as you hit play in BB the slave DAW will follow BB start/stop/continue/loop.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB_MultiRiffs.jpg (154.22 KB, 758 downloads)
BB_Reaper_ReWire_MultiRiffs2.jpg (588.84 KB, 771 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 11/30/16 11:36 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
DropBox > click No Thanks Continue..
BB-MultiRiffs.mp4

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I would give my plus or not comments...if I understood one word of any of the above confused

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand.
This way was pointed out to show Win uses that don't or can't use RealBand or Mac users that don't have RealBand, how to create MultiRiffs.

All the tracks are save to a stereo track except the realtrack instrument you want to create 7 Multiriffs to choose from.
That saved stereo track is then loaded into the Audio track of the song, then the same RealTrack is loaded in each of the 7 Biab tracks,
F5 is used on each track to generate the instrument only from bar 8 to 12, this works the same as RealBand generating a MulltiRiff for the selected bars.

Now you solo the audio track and solo the first track,
you play this and see how it sounds, if it fits good then highlight bars 8 to 12 and drag export it into bar 8 of your DAW, or don't highlight and drag export the whole track to your DAW,
else solo track 2 and play as it might play a better Riff or track 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or lucky 7. If you still can't find a suitable riff then just hit the regenerate all.

As mentioned above, if PG would automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5 mute track , un-mute track), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs.
(this should be quick to generate up as the other bars are muted, actually empty),
This could be done with one button "MultiRiff" as you click the button it will bring the RealTrack picker window up, you select the RT > OK > Biab will then generate up the 7 tracks to the whole chord sheet or just the selected bars if selected.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand. Snip ...

So Pipeline, the wishlist request is for PG Music to add a multi-riff button to the Band-in-a-Box toolbar. Clicking the button would cause the actions you described above to happen, is that correct? If so, +1.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline, if only PGM would hire you on a contract basis I feel we would get some cool features that are truly useful really fast.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Real clever thinking awesome stuff..!!

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
+ 1

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I will try and explain it a bit more easier:

1. You have your song made up in Biab but would like to get the soloist to play a suitable riff at certain bars.

2. Mute the soloist track, Save my song.SGU

3. File > Save Special > WAV/AIFF .

4. Save song As my song - multiriff.SGU

5. File > Import Audio > choose the wav/aiff file you just save, or rename the wav/aiff to the same name as my song - multiriff.SGU my song - multiriff.wav and reopen the song and the file will load into the audio track.

6. Edit > Song Form > Unfold

7. Select the first track and select the RealTrack you want to Multiriff in the RealTrack picker.

8. In the top left of the picker select the next track and set it to the same RT and so on until all 7 are the same RT.

9. Hit F5 on Bar 1 and set each track to mute except the Audio track.

10. Hit F5 on Bar 9 set each track to Back to Normal except the Audio track.

11. Hit F5 on Bar 13 set each track to Mute except the Audio track.

12. Generate all with >+

13. In the mixer right click on the Audio track solo button and right click the solo button on track 1 then 2 then 3 etc..
to preview each Multiriff with the other instrument in the Audio track.

14. When you find the riff that fits highlight the bars and export via DROP and drag to the same bar number in your DAW or don't highlight to export the whole track.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Multiriff01.png (114.63 KB, 312 downloads)
BB-Multiriff02.png (52.43 KB, 311 downloads)
BB-Multiriff03.png (52.84 KB, 311 downloads)
BB-Multiriff04.png (52.46 KB, 308 downloads)
BB-Multiriff05.png (97.32 KB, 654 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is an update on how to create up a realtrack freezing sections that you want to keep and regenerating other sections, using the method above, you will be creating the track you need using up to 7 different sections using the F5 "Mute" or "Back to normal", so you keep the parts you like by setting the start of the section to default "......", the sections you don't want set the start of the section to "Mute" then "Back to normal if there's another section you want to keep.
The Muted sections will be generated on the other tracks, when done all the tracks will be merged to one track just how you want it or as near as can be.
I hope by Dec 2018 it won't be needed and this function will be implemented in BB19. !

Generate and solo the first section in track 1 to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 2 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 3 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar, Generate the next section to your liking then mute it with F5 where the good ends and Freeze the track.
Solo Track 4 (and Audio) Un-mute F5 at that bar......

Now mute the Audio Track and Drag Render the master to get your RealTrack.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Will all of the separate tracks line up properly? One thing I noticed in Realband is the riffs used to create tracks are of varying lengths.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You mute the track where a riff ends then generate the next track to play from there this will work the same way that BB generates a whole track.
If track 1 plays good until bar 19 you F5 mute @ 19 and freeze it
now you can leave track 1 soloed (and the Audio track) now solo track 2 as well,
track 2 will be F5 mute @ 1 so now we F5 back to normal @ 19
hit play generate until we get it to flow and fit from track 1 bar 18 to track 2 bar 19 and on until a good section of playing ends and a bad bit starts, then mute, freeze, track 3 F5 back to normal... and so on.
Track 1 maybe give you good playing in the first and last chorus but the middle don't fit so you just generate the middle on track 2.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes agree totally that Pipeline possesses a fine analytical mind that is able to cut through to the core of difficult issues and produce solutions that work. This is something I am sure we are all really grateful for. I am sure also the folks at PG Music must be aware of his excellent contrinutions too.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195