Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Gee,that's a wonderful song ...powerful, gripping, while most listenable at the same time.
Special meaning there, for me. Though born to the New England mill life, I spent many adult years in mining country, from W. Va. and S. Ohio to MT, CO, and NV. I remember how kind and gentle the neighborhood moms and pops always were, in spite of the hardships. As a side note, those folks prove that strong and righteous communities can be built about anywhere, if the will is there. K-12 were good times.

Thanks Ed glad you like it!!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
Excellent all the way around. Great lyrics. Great melody.

Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
What a good song. I love the unsentimental tell-it-like-it-is (was) lyric.
The voice and harmonies are great, while the production is WOW!
Cheers,
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very meaningful.

What was the "good ol' days" for some, was a time of exploitation, subjugation, prejudice,etc. for others.
something to think about.

"You know the good ole days weren’t always good
And tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems" -billy joel

-rob

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, love those vowels.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is not only an excellent vocal performance, but excellent vocal interpretation. Great lyrics that fit in with the rhythm of the song-- there is no what I call "over stuffing" of the lyrics. What a pleasure to listen to!

Thanks! You mentioned pretty much everything we were attempting to accomplish and we much appreciate that!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi guys,

We love those story telling songs you create!
A real genuine feel to it and thoroughly professional as always.
Keep up the good work!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
The Song, least we not forget.

The singers, brilliant job.

The arrangement, pure pro from start to finish.

Thank you! And we appreciate you mentioning the vocals and the arrangement.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man! You guys have outdone yourselves with this one. Really good writing! Told the story well I think.

And Janice, man, that tone! Just so rich. I've said this before, sometimes she reminds me of Linda Ronstadt, and this is one of those times. Harmonies from Floyd are tight and perfect.

Modulations were unexpected but cool, I liked the first one especially.

Nice way to kick off the new year, very much enjoyed!

Hey Dave, Bud here, I can’t begin to tell you how overwhelmed Janice was by being mentioned in the same sentence as Linds Ronstadt. Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I've been away for several weeks due to extremely busy schedule both at work and home. But some things haven't changed around here. You guys are still cranking out some really great stuff! This one has a great delivery of a very powerful message. Extremely well done!

I'm glad to be back, and really glad to hear this one!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I watched recently a document series called American Epic. I can see how well this song fits that American music tradition. In the context of this song, I noticed how great AmericanRoots RD really is. Excellent mix and heavenly singing, Janice's voice really gives me chills here.

Janne

Jane, thanks for listening and giving the context of the documentary. And Janice very much appreciates your mention and kind remarks about her vocal.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful vocal Janice. Lovely collaboration. Perfect mix. Very cool story. Very neat chord progression in the middle of the song.. Some very nice harmonies as well..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Really awesome!

Sounds great y'all. As I am saying to others, sorry I can't be more loquacious. I am listening to everything but these next six months are mad crazy with my work, so I will just have to listen and say I love it.

Please bear with me during this time.

Great will mean great. I am listening.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Feel like I just read The Grapes of Wrath again!! It is my favorite book! Really excellent write. It is nice to live in the days of good medicine and reliable working conditions. Recently, someone was talking about life expectancy 80 to 100 years ago. We have it pretty soft now. Great one guys.....class production from the tip of the pen to the mastering plugin!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for your appreciation of what we were trying to say! Like that tip of the pen to the mastering plug-in smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Janice, Bud & Floyd,

Really good song, I had to listen to it twice to get it all in... very good work from all of you. It was like getting a late Christmas present from somebody who really cares.

Some people here are mentioning the modulations - I loved the first one! The second was maybe one to many, but it didn't spoil my overall feeling of listening to 3 great artists!

Will

Thanks Will...we are glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your time to listen....

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Janice, Bud and Floyd

What a sensational subject for a must be told, and must be remembered situation.

Everything about this is a masterful creation.

It's a shame that they weren't actually good old days.

From a delivery point of view: What a team. Excellent.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Ms. Janice, "Bud", & Mr. Jane...

My father's father was a sharecropper in Arkansas. One day when I was a kid I did something wasteful, such as leaving lights on in a room that I was no longer in, or ran a glass of water from the kitchen faucet, took only a few quick gulps, and then poured the rest of it down the sink, or used too much toilet paper, or didn't finish eating my dinner, whatever; it was any one of those things. My father caught me at it. "Sit down over here, son", he said sternly. I did as I was told. He looked down at me, straight into my eyes, and for such a long time that I realized that I was in serious, serious trouble. Often in the past, when I knew that I was about to a receive professional a**-whoopin', I would attempt to delay the unavoidable deed by insisting that I had to go the bathroom. Not so this time. I was so fearful that I think my bladder zipped itself up and went into "output delayed by severe stress" mode.

But amazingly enough, my father only wanted me to listen to him, to attempt to make me understand what was wrong with what I had done.

"Son", he began in a firm, measured tone, a severe look on face, "if only...if only you knew how hard we had to work for the things you throw away so easily". He held up his hands to show me the scars on his fingertips and cuticles that came from picking cotton as a youth. "You don't know...", he said in a voice that was suddenly choked-up, his eyes beginning to tear-up, "...you just don't know". He couldn't finish speaking. Probably because he was embarassed at showing such strong emotion in my presence, he simply turned and walked away.

After that moment, I am pretty sure that I never did the wasteful thing that had aroused his anger, or any other such misuse of household resources. Never forgot that scene, obviously.

My father was not a "child laborer" in the way you all described it in your song, but the song immediately un-anchored that memory from the depths of my mind and caused it to float to the surface. So, indirectly, you folks excavated some sure-enough strong emotion out of me through listening to "Our Good Old Days", and as far as I'm concerned, that's the first job that a song has to do, and you did that.

Mighty fine work, folks, migh-ty fine. Thank you,

LOREN

I (Bud) grew up similarly. My mother would save slivers of used up bar soap for melting down into new bars! And lots more...

We are so glad you like the song!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
The good old days weren't as good as we like to romanticize about! This one is packed with truth! Excellent work by all involved! A great song! Thanks, Torrey

Thank Torrey and we are glad you liked it and felt it was truthful.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Janice, Bud & Floyd ...

My comments for the next few days will have to be brief as my wife just returned home from the hospital (twice since Christmas) and needs lots of attention. I apologize for the brevity but it's necessary. Thanks for understanding!

The "good old days" ... as long as you weren't the one doing the "good old work"! As my good friend Stefan said ... we so easily forget so much of what we buy is made by folks still living that lifestyle. Stuff they make but aren't paid enough to even think about buying it.

As usual, everything about this is so professional and just shines like a diamond under light. Simply amazing and so damn good!

Alan

Thanks Alan for taking the time to both listen and offer such a thoughtful review. We do appreciate it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hello Janice, Bud and floyd.

This is SUCH a well put together song! Kudos to everyone involved.

Janice sings the lyrics so effortlessly and so engagingly that all I could do was to sit here, fully focused and mesmerised, and listen to the story of yesteryear and those 'good old days' unfold. The prosody of these lyrics is outstanding. Each syllable is so comfortably placed on musical notes and their inherent beats that I felt no tug-of-war between lyric rhythm and the rhythmic stresses of melody. I find this advanced level of marrying words to melody very hard to achieve. When I listen to "Our Good Old Days", though, you make it seem as easy as falling off a log.

As I've already said, kudos to all. This is a truly wonderful listen that provoked a great deal of thought and made me reflect on just how lucky we are these days. There's so much we take for granted!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, your support AND your thoughtful insight is ALWAYS greatly appreciated. This is no exception. Thank you so much!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mkg50
What a good song. I love the unsentimental tell-it-like-it-is (was) lyric.
The voice and harmonies are great, while the production is WOW!
Cheers,
Mike

Mike, thank very much for your comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: robsmusic
Very meaningful.

What was the "good ol' days" for some, was a time of exploitation, subjugation, prejudice,etc. for others.
something to think about.

"You know the good ole days weren’t always good
And tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems" -billy joel

-rob

Rob, you are so right and we are appreciative of your insight and supportive remarks. Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
Yes, love those vowels.

Thanks Marty!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi guys,

We love those story telling songs you create!
A real genuine feel to it and thoroughly professional as always.
Keep up the good work!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks y’all! We appreciate the support very much.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
I've been away for several weeks due to extremely busy schedule both at work and home. But some things haven't changed around here. You guys are still cranking out some really great stuff! This one has a great delivery of a very powerful message. Extremely well done!

I'm glad to be back, and really glad to hear this one!

Steve

Thank you Steve! Glad you’re back and we’re loving your new song.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful vocal Janice. Lovely collaboration. Perfect mix. Very cool story. Very neat chord progression in the middle of the song.. Some very nice harmonies as well..

Thanks Scott. Glad you like the harmonies!

J&B

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Really awesome!

Sounds great y'all. As I am saying to others, sorry I can't be more loquacious. I am listening to everything but these next six months are mad crazy with my work, so I will just have to listen and say I love it.

Please bear with me during this time.

Great will mean great. I am listening.

smile

Thanks David. Don’t work too hard. smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Janice, Bud and Floyd

What a sensational subject for a must be told, and must be remembered situation.

Everything about this is a masterful creation.

It's a shame that they weren't actually good old days.

From a delivery point of view: What a team. Excellent.

Thank and we are glad you appreciated the subject!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195