#522704 - 02/05/19 11:35 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 617 is available (Feb 5)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 617 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.11 is included in this patch.Summary of changes for build 617
(Feb 5, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 616
- Fixed: After stopping playback the first time in a session, MIDI out to plugins will not work until song starts playing again. This only applies to WAS audio drivers when using "output always on".
- Fixed: If switching from WAS to MME audio drivers, playback would be very distorted.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the Drums window.
Summary of changes for build 615
- Fixed: Soloist track menu > Track Actions > Erase Track, would cause all menu items (eg. TimeShift Melody) to be applied to the Soloist track.
- Fixed: Leaving the Leadsheet memo dialog will crash Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: [Copy to Lyric Document Window] copies gibberish text to Lyric Document Window.
- Fixed: [Copy to Lyric Document Window] does not work if the Lyric Document Window has not been opened yet.
- Fixed: The Choose MultiDrums dialog will crash with error "List index out of bounds" if there are no MultiDrums available.
- Improved: Windows Audio Session error -9996 should report a more informative error message on Windows 10.
DAW Plugin 1.11.11 fixes:
- Added: 64-bit versions of the PG DirectX Plugins.
- Added: Support has been added for the 64 bit PG Music DirectX Plugins. If opening a .TGS or a song file that assigns the 32 bit versions of these plugins, Band-in-a-Box will automatically load the 64 bit version. Song files will also save backwards compatible .TGS data so 32 bit versions of Band-in-a-Box will load the 32 bit version of these plugins.
- Fixed: If using WAS audio drivers and "output always on" is disabled, MIDI notes will keep playing when song stops and Panic will not turn them off.
(Feb 5, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 614
- Added: Status icon for connection to bbw4 (empty-not running, white-running, green-idle, red)
- Added: Version number to bottom bar
- Fixed: Window handle error, which caused bbw not to respond in certain cases.
- Added: Custom generate item to generate single page
- Added: Generate button only generates current page
- Fixed: Changed MIDI super track to light blue
- Fixed: Problem generating loops after style with soloist
- Fixed: Improved generating just the master
- Added: Master.mid and individual MIDI files saving now.
- Fixed: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist improved
- Fixed: Saved Tracks path error
- Fixed: Improved workflow in Studio One
(Jan 21, 2019)
DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
- Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
- Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
- Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
- Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
- Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset  was not working properly.
- Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.
- Fixed: Some new RealTracks were not assigned shots and holds.
Summary of changes for build 613
- Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
- Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
- Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
- Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
- Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
- Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
- Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.
(Jan 16, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 612
- Fixed: Exporting MP3 files would fail if using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box, and Windows 7 or earlier.
- Fixed: Some audio export error messages were blank.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box was not working with jBridge for loading 32 bit VST plugins.
- Fixed: If using the Lyric Document window, there will be an access violation when saving the song (64 bit only).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would freeze when rendering to audio if there was no default synth selected, and "Use DXi/VSTi Synth" was enabled.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version should use "MaxPluginsToScan64.txt" instead of sharing "MaxPluginsToScan.txt" with the 32 bit version.
(Jan 11, 2019)
- Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
- Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
- Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
- Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
- Updated: PDF and help file documentation.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.
Summary of changes for build 611
- Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
- Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
- Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
- Fixed: Output directory error.
- Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
- Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
- Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
- Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
- Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
- Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
- Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
- Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
- Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
- Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
- Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.
(Jan 7, 2019)
- Added: The CoyoteWT DXi synthesizer is now available for 64 bit. This will be used as the default synth in Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: The VSTSynthFont64 could not save an arrangement file (always returned error message "Invalid arrangement file name:").
- Fixed: The Band-in-a-Box icon was not displayed in the title bar or task bar.
- Fixed: VST plugins would not load if using jBridge.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.19 fixes:
Summary of changes for build 610
- Fixed: Problem generating RealDrums
- Added: Delete key will delete highlighted area in chord sheet.
- Updated: Windows tools for UI scaling on hi-res monitors.
- Changed: Tip for valid folders now appears only if Preference dialog is open
- Changed: Typing "," in chord sheet now shows it in generic font
- Fixed: Problem with BBW pickers not opening on first click
- Fixed: Shot, Hold, Rest not loading properly from saved song
- Fixed: Shot, Hold, Rest not working properly after "/"
- Added: Attempting to generate an empty track table from options menu will call the corresponding BBW picker
- Added: Second entry to Generate Menu for generating Multi-Riffs of a selected region
- Added: Option in the Preferences dialog to set the folder for Saved Tracks. *Note that the folder itself must be called "SavedTracks" (ie: C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks\)
- Added: Option in the Preferences dialog to turn on bar highlighting during playback from the DAW. By default, this setting is turned off.
- Added: 32-Bit versions of the Standalone and VST2 plugins.
(Dec 28, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 609
- Fixed: Some VST plugins were silent (eg. SampleTank 3).
- Fixed: Some ASIO drivers might not work. Note that the bug can cause the driver to remain open after using Band-in-a-Box, so this bug fix might require you to restart your computer.
- Fixed: The drop station would not allow M4A export (highlights red) if QuickTime is not installed. This should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: The Find File dialog was not displaying folders, and not loading the song chosen.
- Fixed: If there is a RealTrack on the Drums track, Band-in-a-Box might crash when rendering a region of bars.
- Fixed: Opening a song file from Windows Explorer would not work if Band-in-a-Box was already open.
- Fixed: (for the VST DAW Plugin) Generating multi-riffs would sometimes generate an error. (tips: make sure to first select a multi-riff before generating. Also, highlight a region of the chordsheet first to generate just that section as a multi-riff)
- Added: (for the VST DAW Plugin) Shots, holds, rests, push chords now read in from BB files.
(Dec 24, 2018)
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might fail to connect to some VST plugins (eg. SampleTank 2), if not running as administrator.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might fail to connect to some ASIO drivers if not running as administrator.
- Fixed: Multi-channel VST plugins (eg. SampleTank) would only output on channels 1&2.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.8.14 fixes:
Summary of changes for build 608
- Added: Icon for the Standalone plugin.
- Changed: Disabled input channels for the Standalone plugin.
- Added: Options menu for the Standalone plugin.
- Changed: Valid folder warning is now a tip.
- Fixed: Problem selecting special tracks in v1.7.11.
- Removed: Space bar controlling playback in the plugin.
- Changed: Tool tips now appear in status message area.
(Dec 21, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 607
- Fixed: Soloing a track will cause lots of distortion on some computers (only applies to the 64 bit version). Also, the count-in will be played in the wrong tempo, sound distorted, and cause Band-in-a-Box to be visually out of sync.
- Fixed: File > Open/Save might not do anything if version 2019 was installed over a previous version of Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: Recording audio more than once in a song would fail with various errors such as "File not found".
- Fixed: Audio output would be silent in the 64 bit version, if using ASIO with a sample rate other than 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed: Right-clicking on a track radio might cause an access violation.
- Added: Drum notation can be saved to MusicXML. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand MusicXML files can be loaded to drum notation.
- Fixed: If drum notation contained micro-pegs, then the drum names would not display in the key signature for NON-editable mode.
- Fixed: Song Picker Rebuild might stop on corrupted file with 0 byte size.
- Fixed: Xtra Set Numbers were wrong on systems set to date formats using hyphens instead of slashes.
(Dec 18, 2018)
- Fixed: Track menu > Track Actions > Save track as WAV file... would choose "W" as the file extension.
- Fixed: Audio import to middle of song would fail with "File Not Found" error.
- Fixed: Importing or opening audio files (MP3, WMA, M4A) might fail in the 64 bit version.
- Updated/Added: Dozens of new RealStyles and demos added. Various RealTracks and style fixes and improvements.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin update to 1.7.11 is included:
Summary of changes for build 606
- Fixed: Issue with AAX version not being recognized in Pro Tools.
- Fixed: Plugin may not be found due to a system file missing on some computers.
- Added: VST3 version of the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin, installed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Recommended for most DAWs, unless they only support VST2.
- Added: Stand-alone version of the DAW Plugin. This is installed to bb\BBPlugins\Files\. This exe is useful if a DAW doesn't support drag and drop, for troubleshooting, and for people who want a very simple Band-in-a-Box program just with Chordsheet and file generation, with drag and drop to Explorer.
- Added: FX versions of the VST2 and VST3 Plugins for programs that don't recognize VST instruments, such as Audition. Installed to bb\BBPlugins\Files\. If you need these files, copy them from here to your VST folder.
- Added: Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Folder Locations and Settings are saved between sessions. Settings are saved in C:\users\public\ticket]
- Improved: Check for bb installs is more thorough, on external drives (UltraPAK, etc.)
- Fixed: Better handling for manually inputting folder paths in Preferences.
- Fixed: Some chords cannot be entered with shot, hold or rests.
- Fixed: Bar Highlighting during plugin playback.
- Fixed: Problem with resizing on startup.
(Dec 13, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 605
- Fixed: There might be problems with some ASIO audio devices (eg. no sound, distortion, or crashes).
- Fixed: Invalid VST plugin error message should not say 64 bit plugins cannot be used with 64 bit version.
(Dec 10, 2018)
Summary of changes for Build 604
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might not exit completely if using ASIO drivers. It may appear to be closed, but an instance of bbw.exe or bbw64.exe will still be active in the Task Manager.
- Fixed: In the Notation Window Options dialog, the up/down buttons for Clef split did not work.
- Updated: PDF and help file documentation updated.
(Dec 4 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 603
- Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not working. The plugin would run, but the effect was not applied to the audio track.
- Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not preserving meta data in user's audio track (.wav file).
- Fixed: Launching the manual would open an older manual if it was present in the bb\Documentation folder.
- Fixed: Pressing space bar in the notation window should not start playback if entering lyrics or section text.
- Fixed: Choosing a Hi-Q patch did not load the Sforzando plugin (64 bit version only).
- Fixed: The Lyric Document Window was not loading song text properly.
- Fixed: Direct drag and drop to another application was not working.
- Fixed: "Normalize Mix" had no effect when rendering (64 bit version only).
- Fixed: Online RT and RD auditioning was not working.
- Updated: Content updates: RealStyles updates, new Styles/Demos, Shots/Holds additions, misc. RT fixes.
- Updated: Documentation.
(Dec 3 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 602
- Fixed: Sometimes stopping playback would erase chord in the bar where playback started.
- Added: Space bar should start from the current position in the notation window.
- Fixed: The New Features menu items were directing to the wrong webpages.
- Fixed: The filter wasn't working in StylePicker for the show 2019 styles in when accessed from the Category menu.
- Fixed: The StyleMaker feature to add memos, examples was incorrectly adding carriage returns sometimes.
- Fixed: Titles window filters for chord density and number of chords weren't working.
- Fixed: Pressing backslash in notation to enter section text caused garbage UTF-8 character to appear.
- Fixed: Higher fret numbers showed up as garbage.
- Fixed: Loading in an XML file resulted in DTD prohibited error.
- Updated: PDF documentation and help files.
(Dec 1 2018):
- Fixed: Possible range check error at bootup.
- Fixed: StylePicker would not clear the need to rebuild the styles list.
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!
We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!
What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!
Order your Hard Drive Upgrade during our special (ends Oct 15) and SAVE!
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2018: $149
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $169
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2018: $179
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $199
Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.
The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs!
Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 15th), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!
Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview
Listen to demos and learn more here.
Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks
2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion
Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Special Extended!
Customers LOVE the new Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019, so why would we end our special so soon?
The answer: We're not going to! We've extended our Xtra Styles PAK special to October 15th - so there's still time to add 164 new RealStyles to your collection for just $29!
In fact, we've put all of our earlier Xtra Styles PAKs (1-6) on sale for just $29 each until October 15th, and always offer specific genre for just $15 each.
For more information and to listen to demos, click here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac New Features Video!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Upgrade Today and Save Up To 50%!
Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac with 64+ new features (64-bit!!!!), 202 New RealTracks, 40 Unreleased RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, 240 new Instrumental Studies, 18 new Artist Performances, and a new Xtra Styles PAK 7!
We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until October 15, 2019 - save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade!
We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.
Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available, or visit this discussion on our Band-in-a-Box® for Mac forum.
Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 49 Requests Fulfilled!
49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac.
With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac there are a lot of new features, 202 RealTracks, and more. We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from our users. There are several sources, our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.
Here is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "Why did you add this feature/content?"
So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. We hope that many of them are relevant to you as well. And please keep suggesting new ones, we appreciate that.
Q. Almost all of my music apps are 64 bit, as is my Mac OS. But Band-in-a-Box® is 32 bit. And Apple's next OS, Catalina 10.15 is set to be released in October 2019 (the beta is available now), and that won't even run 32-bit apps! Can you make a 64 bit version?
A. Yes, we’ve done this with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac. The app is 64 bit and the executable name is still Band-in-a-Box®.app (if you have an older 32-bit version it will get automatically renamed during the install to Band-in-a-Box®-32bit.app ).
Q. I have 64 bit plugins that I want to use with Band-in-a-Box®. But they only work with 64 bit apps. Can I use them with Band-in-a-Box® 2019, without having to use any special software for this?
A. Yes, 64 bit Plugins work natively with the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. This means you can use your 64 bit plugins, including ones that use huge amounts of memory (more than 2GB).
Q. Does Band-in-a-Box® 2019 work on the latest OS, Catalina 10.15, as that has many changes?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 is 64-bit and runs great on Catalina (and older OS's down to and including 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)
Q. I like Snow Leopard as an OS (10.6.8), will Band-in-a-Box® 2019 still run on that with all features working?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64 bit version runs great on older OS's including Snow Leopard, and has identical features and operation to the newer OS's
See the full list here!
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM