#522704 - 02/05/19 11:35 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 617 is available (Feb 5)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 617 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.11 is included in this patch.Summary of changes for build 617
(Feb 5, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 616
- Fixed: After stopping playback the first time in a session, MIDI out to plugins will not work until song starts playing again. This only applies to WAS audio drivers when using "output always on".
- Fixed: If switching from WAS to MME audio drivers, playback would be very distorted.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the Drums window.
Summary of changes for build 615
- Fixed: Soloist track menu > Track Actions > Erase Track, would cause all menu items (eg. TimeShift Melody) to be applied to the Soloist track.
- Fixed: Leaving the Leadsheet memo dialog will crash Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: [Copy to Lyric Document Window] copies gibberish text to Lyric Document Window.
- Fixed: [Copy to Lyric Document Window] does not work if the Lyric Document Window has not been opened yet.
- Fixed: The Choose MultiDrums dialog will crash with error "List index out of bounds" if there are no MultiDrums available.
- Improved: Windows Audio Session error -9996 should report a more informative error message on Windows 10.
DAW Plugin 1.11.11 fixes:
- Added: 64-bit versions of the PG DirectX Plugins.
- Added: Support has been added for the 64 bit PG Music DirectX Plugins. If opening a .TGS or a song file that assigns the 32 bit versions of these plugins, Band-in-a-Box will automatically load the 64 bit version. Song files will also save backwards compatible .TGS data so 32 bit versions of Band-in-a-Box will load the 32 bit version of these plugins.
- Fixed: If using WAS audio drivers and "output always on" is disabled, MIDI notes will keep playing when song stops and Panic will not turn them off.
(Feb 5, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 614
- Added: Status icon for connection to bbw4 (empty-not running, white-running, green-idle, red)
- Added: Version number to bottom bar
- Fixed: Window handle error, which caused bbw not to respond in certain cases.
- Added: Custom generate item to generate single page
- Added: Generate button only generates current page
- Fixed: Changed MIDI super track to light blue
- Fixed: Problem generating loops after style with soloist
- Fixed: Improved generating just the master
- Added: Master.mid and individual MIDI files saving now.
- Fixed: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist improved
- Fixed: Saved Tracks path error
- Fixed: Improved workflow in Studio One
(Jan 21, 2019)
DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
- Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
- Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
- Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
- Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
- Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset  was not working properly.
- Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.
- Fixed: Some new RealTracks were not assigned shots and holds.
Summary of changes for build 613
- Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
- Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
- Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
- Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
- Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
- Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
- Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.
(Jan 16, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 612
- Fixed: Exporting MP3 files would fail if using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box, and Windows 7 or earlier.
- Fixed: Some audio export error messages were blank.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box was not working with jBridge for loading 32 bit VST plugins.
- Fixed: If using the Lyric Document window, there will be an access violation when saving the song (64 bit only).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would freeze when rendering to audio if there was no default synth selected, and "Use DXi/VSTi Synth" was enabled.
- Fixed: The 64 bit version should use "MaxPluginsToScan64.txt" instead of sharing "MaxPluginsToScan.txt" with the 32 bit version.
(Jan 11, 2019)
- Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
- Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
- Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
- Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
- Updated: PDF and help file documentation.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.
Summary of changes for build 611
- Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
- Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
- Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
- Fixed: Output directory error.
- Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
- Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
- Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
- Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
- Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
- Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
- Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
- Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
- Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
- Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
- Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.
(Jan 7, 2019)
- Added: The CoyoteWT DXi synthesizer is now available for 64 bit. This will be used as the default synth in Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: The VSTSynthFont64 could not save an arrangement file (always returned error message "Invalid arrangement file name:").
- Fixed: The Band-in-a-Box icon was not displayed in the title bar or task bar.
- Fixed: VST plugins would not load if using jBridge.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.19 fixes:
Summary of changes for build 610
- Fixed: Problem generating RealDrums
- Added: Delete key will delete highlighted area in chord sheet.
- Updated: Windows tools for UI scaling on hi-res monitors.
- Changed: Tip for valid folders now appears only if Preference dialog is open
- Changed: Typing "," in chord sheet now shows it in generic font
- Fixed: Problem with BBW pickers not opening on first click
- Fixed: Shot, Hold, Rest not loading properly from saved song
- Fixed: Shot, Hold, Rest not working properly after "/"
- Added: Attempting to generate an empty track table from options menu will call the corresponding BBW picker
- Added: Second entry to Generate Menu for generating Multi-Riffs of a selected region
- Added: Option in the Preferences dialog to set the folder for Saved Tracks. *Note that the folder itself must be called "SavedTracks" (ie: C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks\)
- Added: Option in the Preferences dialog to turn on bar highlighting during playback from the DAW. By default, this setting is turned off.
- Added: 32-Bit versions of the Standalone and VST2 plugins.
(Dec 28, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 609
- Fixed: Some VST plugins were silent (eg. SampleTank 3).
- Fixed: Some ASIO drivers might not work. Note that the bug can cause the driver to remain open after using Band-in-a-Box, so this bug fix might require you to restart your computer.
- Fixed: The drop station would not allow M4A export (highlights red) if QuickTime is not installed. This should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: The Find File dialog was not displaying folders, and not loading the song chosen.
- Fixed: If there is a RealTrack on the Drums track, Band-in-a-Box might crash when rendering a region of bars.
- Fixed: Opening a song file from Windows Explorer would not work if Band-in-a-Box was already open.
- Fixed: (for the VST DAW Plugin) Generating multi-riffs would sometimes generate an error. (tips: make sure to first select a multi-riff before generating. Also, highlight a region of the chordsheet first to generate just that section as a multi-riff)
- Added: (for the VST DAW Plugin) Shots, holds, rests, push chords now read in from BB files.
(Dec 24, 2018)
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might fail to connect to some VST plugins (eg. SampleTank 2), if not running as administrator.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might fail to connect to some ASIO drivers if not running as administrator.
- Fixed: Multi-channel VST plugins (eg. SampleTank) would only output on channels 1&2.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.8.14 fixes:
Summary of changes for build 608
- Added: Icon for the Standalone plugin.
- Changed: Disabled input channels for the Standalone plugin.
- Added: Options menu for the Standalone plugin.
- Changed: Valid folder warning is now a tip.
- Fixed: Problem selecting special tracks in v1.7.11.
- Removed: Space bar controlling playback in the plugin.
- Changed: Tool tips now appear in status message area.
(Dec 21, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 607
- Fixed: Soloing a track will cause lots of distortion on some computers (only applies to the 64 bit version). Also, the count-in will be played in the wrong tempo, sound distorted, and cause Band-in-a-Box to be visually out of sync.
- Fixed: File > Open/Save might not do anything if version 2019 was installed over a previous version of Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: Recording audio more than once in a song would fail with various errors such as "File not found".
- Fixed: Audio output would be silent in the 64 bit version, if using ASIO with a sample rate other than 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed: Right-clicking on a track radio might cause an access violation.
- Added: Drum notation can be saved to MusicXML. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand MusicXML files can be loaded to drum notation.
- Fixed: If drum notation contained micro-pegs, then the drum names would not display in the key signature for NON-editable mode.
- Fixed: Song Picker Rebuild might stop on corrupted file with 0 byte size.
- Fixed: Xtra Set Numbers were wrong on systems set to date formats using hyphens instead of slashes.
(Dec 18, 2018)
- Fixed: Track menu > Track Actions > Save track as WAV file... would choose "W" as the file extension.
- Fixed: Audio import to middle of song would fail with "File Not Found" error.
- Fixed: Importing or opening audio files (MP3, WMA, M4A) might fail in the 64 bit version.
- Updated/Added: Dozens of new RealStyles and demos added. Various RealTracks and style fixes and improvements.
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin update to 1.7.11 is included:
Summary of changes for build 606
- Fixed: Issue with AAX version not being recognized in Pro Tools.
- Fixed: Plugin may not be found due to a system file missing on some computers.
- Added: VST3 version of the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin, installed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Recommended for most DAWs, unless they only support VST2.
- Added: Stand-alone version of the DAW Plugin. This is installed to bb\BBPlugins\Files\. This exe is useful if a DAW doesn't support drag and drop, for troubleshooting, and for people who want a very simple Band-in-a-Box program just with Chordsheet and file generation, with drag and drop to Explorer.
- Added: FX versions of the VST2 and VST3 Plugins for programs that don't recognize VST instruments, such as Audition. Installed to bb\BBPlugins\Files\. If you need these files, copy them from here to your VST folder.
- Added: Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Folder Locations and Settings are saved between sessions. Settings are saved in C:\users\public\ticket]
- Improved: Check for bb installs is more thorough, on external drives (UltraPAK, etc.)
- Fixed: Better handling for manually inputting folder paths in Preferences.
- Fixed: Some chords cannot be entered with shot, hold or rests.
- Fixed: Bar Highlighting during plugin playback.
- Fixed: Problem with resizing on startup.
(Dec 13, 2018)
Summary of changes for build 605
- Fixed: There might be problems with some ASIO audio devices (eg. no sound, distortion, or crashes).
- Fixed: Invalid VST plugin error message should not say 64 bit plugins cannot be used with 64 bit version.
(Dec 10, 2018)
Summary of changes for Build 604
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might not exit completely if using ASIO drivers. It may appear to be closed, but an instance of bbw.exe or bbw64.exe will still be active in the Task Manager.
- Fixed: In the Notation Window Options dialog, the up/down buttons for Clef split did not work.
- Updated: PDF and help file documentation updated.
(Dec 4 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 603
- Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not working. The plugin would run, but the effect was not applied to the audio track.
- Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not preserving meta data in user's audio track (.wav file).
- Fixed: Launching the manual would open an older manual if it was present in the bb\Documentation folder.
- Fixed: Pressing space bar in the notation window should not start playback if entering lyrics or section text.
- Fixed: Choosing a Hi-Q patch did not load the Sforzando plugin (64 bit version only).
- Fixed: The Lyric Document Window was not loading song text properly.
- Fixed: Direct drag and drop to another application was not working.
- Fixed: "Normalize Mix" had no effect when rendering (64 bit version only).
- Fixed: Online RT and RD auditioning was not working.
- Updated: Content updates: RealStyles updates, new Styles/Demos, Shots/Holds additions, misc. RT fixes.
- Updated: Documentation.
(Dec 3 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 602
- Fixed: Sometimes stopping playback would erase chord in the bar where playback started.
- Added: Space bar should start from the current position in the notation window.
- Fixed: The New Features menu items were directing to the wrong webpages.
- Fixed: The filter wasn't working in StylePicker for the show 2019 styles in when accessed from the Category menu.
- Fixed: The StyleMaker feature to add memos, examples was incorrectly adding carriage returns sometimes.
- Fixed: Titles window filters for chord density and number of chords weren't working.
- Fixed: Pressing backslash in notation to enter section text caused garbage UTF-8 character to appear.
- Fixed: Higher fret numbers showed up as garbage.
- Fixed: Loading in an XML file resulted in DTD prohibited error.
- Updated: PDF documentation and help files.
(Dec 1 2018):
- Fixed: Possible range check error at bootup.
- Fixed: StylePicker would not clear the need to rebuild the styles list.
PG Music Inc.
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)
Monday, February 18th is Family Day!
Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.
Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.
Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.
Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!
Learn more about this update & download it here.
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.
There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.
Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.
Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.
The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!
Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!
The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm
Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!
Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm
Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows
Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview
Video - The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Extended Version!
This video is the EXTENDED VERSION of our previous video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Click here to watch.
View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM