You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#523442 - 02/08/19 10:42 PM [RealBand] Error with audio device
Alberto V Offline

Hi, I have just bought RealBand and I cannot listen to chords I introduce.
The pop up message says:"Could not open audio device. This can occur if another program using the same audio devide in Exclusive mode. If this persists also try rebooting the program."

I have check audio settings and are ok, I can listen audio from Realband audio settings bt when I pulse Play (to play the chords I introduced) nothings sounds and the pop up mesage appears.

I checked windows audio settings and are ok.

Please help
Best

#523452 - 02/09/19 02:19 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Alberto,

It sounds like you may have either ASIO or WAS installed as your audio driver.

Try this and see if it helps...

Open "Options | Preferences" -- #1 on the below image -- and set the "Audio Driver" (#4 on image) to MME.

Regards,
Noel

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#523705 - 02/10/19 08:50 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Thanks. I tried it and an error pops up: "Undefined external error Error Code:1

It's strage I can listen to the rythm preview but when I press play on the chords page, I don't listen anything frown

#523707 - 02/10/19 08:58 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

The rhythm preview uses a different sound generator than the Band-in-a-Box program. Both sound generators send audio to the speakers and headphone jack so it seems like audio originates from the same source.

Rhythm preview uses the default Windows operating system sound generator while the program uses whatever driver set under audio settings.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#523714 - 02/10/19 09:44 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Thanks for your comment Jim but how can I solve my problem? Best

#523723 - 02/10/19 11:16 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

We need some more information.

What do you channel your sound through? Is it a soundcard or an external system?

What are the details of your sound system?

Does Band In A Box play properly?

Also, have you updated to Build 3 with Realband? (The update is found at the following link...)

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Regards,
Noel

#523724 - 02/10/19 11:30 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

Did you try selecting MME as your driver type as Noel suggested? MME is the most stable selection when you're using the program to playback audio and is the default Windows uses to play audio.

The program defaults to WAS but WAS doesn't always work correctly and can create audio problems. PG Music recently added WAS as an audio driver type and all possible issues are not resolved. So, for now, if WAS works as a selection in your computer it's a good choice but be aware WAS may not be the best driver type for your computer.

Selecting ASIO can also create problems. An ASIO audio driver is hardware and operating system specific. An ASIO driver normally is created by the hardware manufacturer and maybe frequently updated. ASIO can be the best choice when you have an ASIO driver that is specific to your audio interface, operating system and is up-to-date.

Looks like Noel and I were typing a response at the same time.

#523865 - 02/11/19 10:12 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Noel96]
Alberto V Offline

Hi Noel,
I have an external soundcard. It's a Focusrite 6i6 Scarlett and Band in a box works ok without any issues.

I'm downloading RB build3 right now. I'll come back to you as soon as I try it.

Thanks once more
Alberto

#523868 - 02/11/19 10:18 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Hi again, it seems it works now smile

Thanks for your support Noel

Best

#538375 - 05/27/19 07:22 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
jbspear Offline

I just purchased BB and RB yesterday and I have this identical problem as it was first described in this thread. I've loaded RealBand onto two different computers (both windows 10) and get error messages about audio devices, either having to do with sample rate error 9997 or "could not open audio device. Both computers use RealTek audio manager. I've tried all the solutions posted on these boards and nothing seems to work on either computer. I'm hoping someone has a magic bullet. Thanks in advance

#538432 - 05/27/19 12:04 PM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: jbspear]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Hi jbspear,

Welcome to the forum, Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Since this thread is so old and the first user indicated his issue is resolved you may find more people respond when you start a new thread instead of tacking onto an existing thread.

A little more information about your system and the issue you're experiencing is needed. Even though you said both computers are using the RealTek motherboard audio, are both computers using the same hardware or how do they differ? How much memory do your computers have? Are you using Windows 10 Home or Pro?

What build of RealBand do you have? The build information is displayed on the RealBand splash banner during opening. Once the program opens you can also view it by selecting "Help" > "About RealBand ..." to get the view displayed below. Which audio setting are you using? A screen shot of your audio settings similar to below would be very helpful.

To take a screen shot press Alt + PrntScr while the view is in focus (the line at the top is blue instead of gray).

To post the screen shot to the forum go to the bottom of this webpage and click on the "Switch to Full Reply Screen" button. Then click on the light blue "File Manager" link above the two check boxes beneath the reply space.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#538516 - 05/28/19 06:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
jbspear Offline

As was suggested by Jim Fogle, I'm starting a new thread. Unfortunately, there is no file manager link on the new post option so I cannot attach any pictures.

Edited by jbspear (05/28/19 07:28 AM)

PG Music News
Video Tutorial - Installing Build Updates to Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

We offer free Band-in-a-Box® patch updates throughout the year to enhance existing features and resolve any user-reported bugs.

If you're wanting to see how easy it is to update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with one of these free updates, check out our video: Click here to watch it now.

Tips & Tricks - Entering Held Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Ask a question here on our Forums, and you'll definitely get some helpful answers quickly!

Like this recent post, asking how to "end a bar with a slight tail off or fade" and then resume to the verse... within an hour there was a detailed and accurate response!

We love our helpful forum, packed with enthusiastic & experienced program users - it's such a great resource!

Find Your Style with the Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Looking for that perfect Style to start your Band-in-a-Box® project with? Don't overlook The Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box®! We update this feature frequently, which allows you to search for a Style that matches a popular song based on title/artist when you type in your criteria within the StylePicker Window.

See this feature in action when you jump to the topic within our 2020 New Features video:
for Windows: 42:37
for Mac: 43:12

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box® Titles database and alert our team to work on adding it with the next update - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Rock Dojo... Top 5 Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!

Check out this nice review from Rock Dojo, Top Five Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!.

Brian, the founder of Rock Dojo, is a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac user, and couldn't be happier with the program.

It doesn't matter whether you're a guitar teacher or a student guitarist, Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) is must-have software to take your teaching practice or your playing to the next level!
-Brian Parham

Thanks for the great feedback Brian!

Band-in-a-Box® Delivery Explained...

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows or Mac directly from PG Music Inc., you can choose to download your order, ship your order, or BOTH!

Having your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK shipped? Choose between DVD installation or flash drive installation during the checkout process. Purchasing the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+? These ship pre-installed on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

Don't forget, just because you're order is shipping doesn't mean you can't download it while you wait - you can locate your online order records in your pgmusic.com account, within the "My Products" section.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Forum Stats
32905 Members
68 Forums
66265 Topics
563050 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Jazzocaster, Kevin H, gavonutube, DougB, Jamalud

32905 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 164
VideoTrack 154