You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#523828 - 02/11/19 06:42 AM [User Showcase] I'd Do It All Again
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song.
So, call it a Valentine's Day thing...

smile

I'D DO IT ALL AGAIN

love isn't always easy
we've made some mistakes
the wrong word at the wrong time
and something breaks
sometimes you point a finger
sometimes i lay the blame
trying to get the upper hand
in a stupid kind of game

but we found a way
to get through it all
came out the other side
our hearts standing tall

i'd do it all again
   exactly how we did it
   wouldn't change a thing
   wouldn't miss a minute
   every misstep every wrong turn from
   beginning to end
   all part of a perfect plan
   i'd do it all again

try hard as we might
there've been a few misses
but if we're keeping score
there've been a whole lot more kisses
we've found what we were after
it as good as it can be
days of love and laughter
nights of you and me

i'm in this forever
no matter how things go
i love you from deep within
my heart and my soul

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: ~902:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2083:Piano, Rhythm, SmoothJazzCool Sw16 075 (rendered with TruePianos)
RealTracks in song: 2779:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSwingBalladBrent Sw16 065
RealTracks in song: 3104:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolk68HighBrent Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 2686:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BluesSlow12-8BrentSimple Sw 065
Royalty Free Loops

Have at it.

fj

#523831 - 02/11/19 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Floyd,

Your "thrown together" song sounds like a Top 10 hit... LOL!

You have an immense talent for melody and groove. I love the arrangement and overall flow of the song. Big sounding mix as well.

Great, great vocal - love the way your voice soars on this. Cool ending too.

Awesome as usual!

Bob

#523842 - 02/11/19 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"quickly-thrown-together", man, are you kidding me?!

I knew I was going to like this before I pressed play just looking at the waveform over on soundcloud, easy to tell there was going to be some good dynamics happening.

Great arrangement and mix! Love the breakdown at 2:55 after the guitar solo, very effective.

Outstanding as usual, Floyd!

#523853 - 02/11/19 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
You're getting soft in your old age...

Of course I'm kidding, this is so good,

this is good enough to have been a debut on the Grammy Awards Show

(which neither me or probably anyone here watched)

I love the emotional lift into the chorus

All of your tools and craft are working very well here, inspirational!

Wow!

Kenny

#523879 - 02/11/19 11:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Beautiful romantic song with a great sounding arrangement and production FJ!

The RT's you used are perfect for it and your vocal is icing on the cake.

#523884 - 02/11/19 12:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
And...my quickly thrown together take.

First off, WOW!

Moving on, there is SO much I could say again; I'll be brief. I SO appreciate this song! You are the master of the story telling song; but this my friend, goes a new direction. It has the appeal to anyone that would listen to it. It could be anyone's story! Just awesome.

Really NIT picking : There's a weird little volume drop at 43 seconds.

Short notes :

Love, love, love the groove.
The drums come in PERFECTLY
Nice effect of the break before chorus
Love the emphasis on "all"
1:51 tasty drums! You placed that really well!
"heart and soul" really great that the music hits for emphasis
Nice, big, open chorus! As in, REALLY nice!
Guitar solo is on point...and love how it goes into the breakdown.
Oh how I love the pad in the breakdown. Ads a ton of atmosphere!
Love the guitar at For the outro.

Totally pro sounding. Man, what a cool song! Which begs the question, who are you selling this to? smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#523896 - 02/11/19 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

A quickly thrown together song writing lesson, fantastic production, great dynamics, vocal and mix.
Were the drums the loops? - they sounded liked they were played just for the song.
Brilliant stuff.

Peter

#523905 - 02/11/19 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
This production sounds so clean and crisp. This is one of those songs I could listen to over and over and not get tired of. Not only is your vocal technically good, it has that intangible quality that connects the listener's ear to his/her heart. Thank you for throwing together such a wonderful song and sharing it with us.

#523939 - 02/11/19 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I think this works just fine for a Valentines Day song! Thanks for sharing.

#523947 - 02/11/19 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Floyd,

I have to try this "A quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song."-technique, because if that is how you make these "hit"-songs, it must be the way to go...

This song is outstanding good, both in a lyrical and musical sense. What I admire about the songs you make is that you are always really good at making the most perfectly fitting back track to whatever you want to sing about. It is wonderful gift to have!

Really enjoyed this song!
Will

#523994 - 02/12/19 01:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
It's a very cool song - well sung and performed.
What I noticed most was how the drumming supported the singing - I dopn't know if you had the drums 1st or the melody but it reminded me of the way Keith Moon played along with Entwhistle but listened to the vocals & played to them.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#524001 - 02/12/19 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
Hi Floyd,
Respect to you for this one !

Song
Well structured
Coherent lyric
Strong melodies in all sections
Mix / Production
Everything’s nice and clear
Bass could perhaps be more prominent
Instrumentation
Exceptional acoustic gtr

Vocals
Consistent lead
Harmonies are well chosen and used judiciously
What I really liked
Overall ‘new country’ feel
Good pre-chorus (We’ve found a way….)
The space in the mix
What you might like to return to
The drum roll at 1 51 is perhaps a bit exaggerated !
The section from 2 45 to 2 55 – I’d just dispense with it
Very occasionally the backing and lead vox are out of sync
Overall impression
A thoroughly accomplished production

Take care,

Marc

#524018 - 02/12/19 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
For a "quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song", this one sounds very well-crafted...
Nicely written lyrics going straight to the hook "I'd do it all again exactly how we did it".. . Great line!

I always look forward to hearing your creations.

#524023 - 02/12/19 06:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
So much truth in the lyrics, looking back. I'm sure so many people can relate good appeal to emotions. You've captured that old country feel. Nice!!

#524046 - 02/12/19 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - if you didn't say so, I wouldn't have thought this was quickly thrown together at all. Very well mixed, and extremely well executed. The vocals are catchy, and the entire tune flows gorgeously. A wonderful song for this time of year!

Thanks for sharing smile

#524063 - 02/12/19 09:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Floyd,

once again a fine, a very fine song of yours. The chorus is simply terrific and you're doing another amazing vocal job on this one. Great guitar, too. Definitely top-notch on all levels.

All the best,

Stefan

#524072 - 02/12/19 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Columbia, MO
Phil Leith Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Columbia, MO
Another great one. I love your lyrics and your easy-going style.

#524081 - 02/12/19 10:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

FJ,
nice romantic tune.
Did not feel anything "quick-thrown" in it. Nothing sticking out, mix is near perfect., which means you got good at what you do smile

Thanks for posting!

Misha.

#524106 - 02/12/19 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Your "thrown together" song sounds like a Top 10 hit... LOL!

You have an immense talent for melody and groove. I love the arrangement and overall flow of the song. Big sounding mix as well.

Great, great vocal - love the way your voice soars on this. Cool ending too.

Awesome as usual!

Bob

Thanks, Bob. Those are nice things to hear...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
"quickly-thrown-together", man, are you kidding me?!

I knew I was going to like this before I pressed play just looking at the waveform over on soundcloud, easy to tell there was going to be some good dynamics happening.

Great arrangement and mix! Love the breakdown at 2:55 after the guitar solo, very effective.

Outstanding as usual, Floyd!

I appreciate that, Dave... It is interesting - after I wrote this and recorded and mixed it, I wasn't sure if I even liked it. But, figured I throw it against the wall and see if it stuck...

#524440 - 02/14/19 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: 44kfl]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
You're getting soft in your old age...

Of course I'm kidding, this is so good,

this is good enough to have been a debut on the Grammy Awards Show

(which neither me or probably anyone here watched)

I love the emotional lift into the chorus

All of your tools and craft are working very well here, inspirational!

Wow!

Kenny

smile Kenny - thanks for ALL of that!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34894 Members
66 Forums
70899 Topics
614108 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
map23, KrystalRobinson, Sachmo, DeborahRoughton, SMC

34894 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 210
swingbabymix 203