You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#523828 - 02/11/19 06:42 AM [User Showcase] I'd Do It All Again
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song.
So, call it a Valentine's Day thing...

smile

I'D DO IT ALL AGAIN

love isn't always easy
we've made some mistakes
the wrong word at the wrong time
and something breaks
sometimes you point a finger
sometimes i lay the blame
trying to get the upper hand
in a stupid kind of game

but we found a way
to get through it all
came out the other side
our hearts standing tall

i'd do it all again
   exactly how we did it
   wouldn't change a thing
   wouldn't miss a minute
   every misstep every wrong turn from
   beginning to end
   all part of a perfect plan
   i'd do it all again

try hard as we might
there've been a few misses
but if we're keeping score
there've been a whole lot more kisses
we've found what we were after
it as good as it can be
days of love and laughter
nights of you and me

i'm in this forever
no matter how things go
i love you from deep within
my heart and my soul

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: ~902:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2083:Piano, Rhythm, SmoothJazzCool Sw16 075 (rendered with TruePianos)
RealTracks in song: 2779:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSwingBalladBrent Sw16 065
RealTracks in song: 3104:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolk68HighBrent Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 2686:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BluesSlow12-8BrentSimple Sw 065
Royalty Free Loops

Have at it.

fj

#523831 - 02/11/19 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Floyd,

Your "thrown together" song sounds like a Top 10 hit... LOL!

You have an immense talent for melody and groove. I love the arrangement and overall flow of the song. Big sounding mix as well.

Great, great vocal - love the way your voice soars on this. Cool ending too.

Awesome as usual!

Bob

#523842 - 02/11/19 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"quickly-thrown-together", man, are you kidding me?!

I knew I was going to like this before I pressed play just looking at the waveform over on soundcloud, easy to tell there was going to be some good dynamics happening.

Great arrangement and mix! Love the breakdown at 2:55 after the guitar solo, very effective.

Outstanding as usual, Floyd!

Blue Attitude Website

#523853 - 02/11/19 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
You're getting soft in your old age...

Of course I'm kidding, this is so good,

this is good enough to have been a debut on the Grammy Awards Show

(which neither me or probably anyone here watched)

I love the emotional lift into the chorus

All of your tools and craft are working very well here, inspirational!

Wow!

Kenny

#523879 - 02/11/19 11:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Beautiful romantic song with a great sounding arrangement and production FJ!

The RT's you used are perfect for it and your vocal is icing on the cake.

#523884 - 02/11/19 12:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
And...my quickly thrown together take.

First off, WOW!

Moving on, there is SO much I could say again; I'll be brief. I SO appreciate this song! You are the master of the story telling song; but this my friend, goes a new direction. It has the appeal to anyone that would listen to it. It could be anyone's story! Just awesome.

Really NIT picking : There's a weird little volume drop at 43 seconds.

Short notes :

Love, love, love the groove.
The drums come in PERFECTLY
Nice effect of the break before chorus
Love the emphasis on "all"
1:51 tasty drums! You placed that really well!
"heart and soul" really great that the music hits for emphasis
Nice, big, open chorus! As in, REALLY nice!
Guitar solo is on point...and love how it goes into the breakdown.
Oh how I love the pad in the breakdown. Ads a ton of atmosphere!
Love the guitar at For the outro.

Totally pro sounding. Man, what a cool song! Which begs the question, who are you selling this to? smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#523896 - 02/11/19 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

A quickly thrown together song writing lesson, fantastic production, great dynamics, vocal and mix.
Were the drums the loops? - they sounded liked they were played just for the song.
Brilliant stuff.

Peter

#523905 - 02/11/19 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
This production sounds so clean and crisp. This is one of those songs I could listen to over and over and not get tired of. Not only is your vocal technically good, it has that intangible quality that connects the listener's ear to his/her heart. Thank you for throwing together such a wonderful song and sharing it with us.

#523939 - 02/11/19 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I think this works just fine for a Valentines Day song! Thanks for sharing.

#523947 - 02/11/19 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Floyd,

I have to try this "A quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song."-technique, because if that is how you make these "hit"-songs, it must be the way to go...

This song is outstanding good, both in a lyrical and musical sense. What I admire about the songs you make is that you are always really good at making the most perfectly fitting back track to whatever you want to sing about. It is wonderful gift to have!

Really enjoyed this song!
Will

#523994 - 02/12/19 01:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
It's a very cool song - well sung and performed.
What I noticed most was how the drumming supported the singing - I dopn't know if you had the drums 1st or the melody but it reminded me of the way Keith Moon played along with Entwhistle but listened to the vocals & played to them.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#524001 - 02/12/19 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
Hi Floyd,
Respect to you for this one !

Song
Well structured
Coherent lyric
Strong melodies in all sections
Mix / Production
Everything’s nice and clear
Bass could perhaps be more prominent
Instrumentation
Exceptional acoustic gtr

Vocals
Consistent lead
Harmonies are well chosen and used judiciously
What I really liked
Overall ‘new country’ feel
Good pre-chorus (We’ve found a way….)
The space in the mix
What you might like to return to
The drum roll at 1 51 is perhaps a bit exaggerated !
The section from 2 45 to 2 55 – I’d just dispense with it
Very occasionally the backing and lead vox are out of sync
Overall impression
A thoroughly accomplished production

Take care,

Marc

#524018 - 02/12/19 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
For a "quickly-thrown-together-sorta-love-song", this one sounds very well-crafted...
Nicely written lyrics going straight to the hook "I'd do it all again exactly how we did it".. . Great line!

I always look forward to hearing your creations.

#524023 - 02/12/19 06:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
So much truth in the lyrics, looking back. I'm sure so many people can relate good appeal to emotions. You've captured that old country feel. Nice!!

#524046 - 02/12/19 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - if you didn't say so, I wouldn't have thought this was quickly thrown together at all. Very well mixed, and extremely well executed. The vocals are catchy, and the entire tune flows gorgeously. A wonderful song for this time of year!

Thanks for sharing smile

#524063 - 02/12/19 09:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Floyd,

once again a fine, a very fine song of yours. The chorus is simply terrific and you're doing another amazing vocal job on this one. Great guitar, too. Definitely top-notch on all levels.

All the best,

Stefan

#524072 - 02/12/19 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Columbia, MO
Phil Leith Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Columbia, MO
Another great one. I love your lyrics and your easy-going style.

#524081 - 02/12/19 10:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

FJ,
nice romantic tune.
Did not feel anything "quick-thrown" in it. Nothing sticking out, mix is near perfect., which means you got good at what you do smile

Thanks for posting!

Misha.

#524106 - 02/12/19 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Your "thrown together" song sounds like a Top 10 hit... LOL!

You have an immense talent for melody and groove. I love the arrangement and overall flow of the song. Big sounding mix as well.

Great, great vocal - love the way your voice soars on this. Cool ending too.

Awesome as usual!

Bob

Thanks, Bob. Those are nice things to hear...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
"quickly-thrown-together", man, are you kidding me?!

I knew I was going to like this before I pressed play just looking at the waveform over on soundcloud, easy to tell there was going to be some good dynamics happening.

Great arrangement and mix! Love the breakdown at 2:55 after the guitar solo, very effective.

Outstanding as usual, Floyd!

I appreciate that, Dave... It is interesting - after I wrote this and recorded and mixed it, I wasn't sure if I even liked it. But, figured I throw it against the wall and see if it stuck...

#524440 - 02/14/19 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'd Do It All Again [Re: 44kfl]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
You're getting soft in your old age...

Of course I'm kidding, this is so good,

this is good enough to have been a debut on the Grammy Awards Show

(which neither me or probably anyone here watched)

I love the emotional lift into the chorus

All of your tools and craft are working very well here, inspirational!

Wow!

Kenny

smile Kenny - thanks for ALL of that!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66126 Topics
561461 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 153