Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#523011 - 02/06/19 09:12 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: Jim Fogle]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

I post this realizing that it may be an old thread, but I agree with this sentiment. I quit submitting anything to songtradr after I realized that they want the higher bit rate stuff. Anything under 24 bit won't do. When I am recording at home I always use 24 bit, but as someone has already mentioned, mixing the two bit rates is not a desirable thing. If I could afford the audiophile version, I most certainly would do it, but sadly I can't. Raising the bit rate would be an easy enough proposition, but I also realize that this might cause the sales of the audiophile version to suffer. It is something that I find of value to me and others, but from a business point of view, maybe not so much.

#523203 - 02/07/19 06:45 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: guitar1
I post this realizing that it may be an old thread, but I agree with this sentiment. I quit submitting anything to songtradr after I realized that they want the higher bit rate stuff. Anything under 24 bit won't do. When I am recording at home I always use 24 bit, but as someone has already mentioned, mixing the two bit rates is not a desirable thing. If I could afford the audiophile version, I most certainly would do it, but sadly I can't. Raising the bit rate would be an easy enough proposition, but I also realize that this might cause the sales of the audiophile version to suffer. It is something that I find of value to me and others, but from a business point of view, maybe not so much.

The Audiophile package is the ONLY package that offers uncompressed, lossless RealTracks and RealDrums audio files as well as the compressed, lossy RealTracks and RealDrums audio files that are the standard for all the other packages. The compressed files are decompressed and restored to a lossless format each time a RealTrack or RealDrum file is loaded into Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. However, by definition some audio data is lost and a restored audio track is a degraded substitute of the original lossless audio file. For these reasons a user using Band-in-a-Box to create professional quality audio files needs to use the Audiophile package. Since professionals (in other words someone wanting to make money with Band-in-a-Box) need the quality of the Audiophile package PG Music can ask a price professionals will pay.

The bit depth standard for recorded audio appears to be 24 bit with conversion to 16 bit typically the last step when creating a master track for compact disc.

My thought is since the overwhelming majority of professional tracking and stem audio files are 24 bit PG Music RealTracks and RealDrums should match the specification.

Guitar1, thank you for giving your support to this wish list request.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#523465 - 02/09/19 04:35 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: zedd]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: zedd

I was just doing tests this past week and importing BIAB tracks into my DAW where I always work at 24bit/48kHz. There is a noticeable degradation of the BIAB bedtracks because the upsampling adds some slur to the tracks. It's not a huge degradation, but some of the crispness is gone.

If this is happening to you, some setting is wrong. Upsampling to 24-bit adds headroom but does not degrade quality.
BIAB 2019 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#523513 - 02/09/19 09:20 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: Jim Fogle]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

The Band-in-a-Box Audiophile tracks are 16 bit at 44.1 Khz sampling rate. That conforms to the compact audio disc standard. The 48 Khz sampling rate you're presently using in your DAW conforms to a video standard.

I would change the DAW sample rate setting to match the RealTracks. You are not gaining any audible advantage by having the DAW convert them to 48 Khz.

Bit depth is a different matter. DAWs routinely change bit depth so they can accurately mix multiple audio files.

#523914 - 02/11/19 03:20 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: Jim Fogle]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If you use RealBand you can set it to 24/48 then it will generate them up at that rate.
The Plugin should have this feature soon so it will generate the tracks up to the same bitrate as the DAW.
But it will be inevitable that the RealTracks/Drums will become 24bit, it's just PG is a bit slow but they will get there.

TEST:
I converted a RealTrack to 24/48 it generated fine in RealBand with it set to 44/16 or 24/48 but Biab just had noise for the audio.
Some time back I tried it with MacBB and it was fine.

Attachments
Realband-24bit.png

RT433-24-48.png

RB-RT433-24-48.png

#524140 - 02/12/19 04:53 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: 24 Bit RealTracks [Re: Jim Fogle]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Pipeline,

I agree RealBand can convert audio file bit depths, but I'm not requesting for Band-in-a-Box to convert file bit depth. Instead I'm requesting the Audiophile edition waveform files adhere to a 24 bit depth standard.

My thought is people that purchase the Audiophile addition likely plan to use the waveform files as source material to create commercial audio. My understanding is it is easier to mix audio files that have 24 bit depth than the same audio files with 16 bit depth because 24 bit depth has more available headroom than a comparable 16 bit depth file.

Yes daws can covert 16 bit files to 24 bit but conversion can introduce errors.

If someone has their daw set to use 24 bit audio files inside the daw so they can utilize the extra headroom but plan on exporting a 16 bit track then the PG Music source files will be converted twice so there will be double the chance of error.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29888 Members
61 Forums
59225 Topics
499917 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
maxnordio, Jetwoman, Bobby Watson, Broil, Pavlina

29888 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 144
Janice & Bud 132