Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
G
OP Offline
G
Where is the AAX DAW Plugin Forum Section?

After waiting and waiting about a month for a fix to FINALLY see the AAX DAW Plugin to at least show up in Pro Tools, someone also did NOT thoroughly "Beta Test" the AAX plugin. I'm getting CONSTANT "AAE Error 6" messages ;-(

P-L-E-A-S-E ... someone at PG MUSIC FIX-FIX-FIX this thing, and STOP releasing product(s) until they are THOROUGHLY BETA-TESTED !!!

Thank you.

-GrammySeeker (But STUCK until the AAX DAW Plugin works properly)

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=117&page=1

So you are using 1.11.11 there should be another release soon 1.11.14.
The Plugin is an open beta test where everyone gets a chance to give feedback on issues and suggested features this gives a greater diversity rather than the closed beta testing forum that has limited users.
Until the synced playback is implemented you would be better using the Standalone version as there is no real advantage using the Plugin how it is at the moment.

G
OP Offline
G
I have been a PG MUSIC CUSTOMER for many, many years.

NOWHERE in the 2019 Sales Info on the PG MUSIC website did I see the new AAX DAW Plugin "capability" defined as "open beta test". Really?

IMHO, this is a situation of "False Advertising", and NO PRODUCT or Related Item like a Plugin should be released "For Sale" until fully De-Bugged and 100% Functional. I expect better from PG MUSIC ;-(

I see there is a Forum Section for DAW VST Plugins, but why not AAX???

-GrammySeeker

Veteran
Veteran
For what it's worth, if I recall correctly, the prices are still the same this year as they were last year. In other words, the VST plugin seems to be included free of charge.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
I have been a PG MUSIC CUSTOMER for many, many years.

It should not of come as a surprise then.
No one has complained more than me about this !!!
But the only option there is is to ask for a refund or cut them some slack and wait till they sort out the issues as I would rather have it now than wait another year for it, from what I've seen it will be well worth the wait !! It is a Quantum Leap for them to create the Plugin and go 64bit all in the new release. Trust me you won't be disappointed.
So as I said you gotta look at it like a beta development
v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

EDIT: 1.11.14 has just been released so you can try that.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=523971&gonew=1#UNREAD

R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted By: GrammySeeker

I see there is a Forum Section for DAW VST Plugins, but why not AAX???

-GrammySeeker

Protools plugin use is included in the DAW VST Plugin forum. Afterall AAX is just another version of the Plugin which is what that forum is for is it not? wink

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=521386#Post521386

Last edited by ryclark; 02/12/19 03:15 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
- - - NO PRODUCT - - should be released "For Sale" until fully De-Bugged and 100% Functional. - - - -

-GrammySeeker

GrammySeeker, if we all waited for that to happen in Life, we'd wait a LONG time.
Tell that to Ford. My NEW car (Dec 18) has been back 3 times to fix what I believe are "known" issues. Should I have waited until the car design had been "fully de-bugged and 100% functional" before buying? How many YEARS might that be?
Ian

Last edited by sixchannel; 02/12/19 04:49 AM.

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Grammy Seeker,
We are looking into your issue. So far, the aax plugin works fine for us on the fours systems that we’ve tested it on.
We will need to know more information, such as the exact error message, and when it occurs. Also what version of the plugin you are running

1.11.14 is latest version, that is in support area as free update.

Also, in the Meantime, you can use standalone.exe program in the c bb BBPlugin Files folder, which isn’t a plugin, but works like it and you drag drop from there. That would be helpful diagnostic information to see if that works for you.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I agree in theory to most of what was said above. The true problem is that as Peter said it works on 4 computers for them. Sadly PGM doesn’t have 10,000 systems to test it on and when it goes out for beta test from selected users they still don’t have 10,000 systems maybe a dozen or more. So while we all want it to work out of the box that is not always going to be the case. Every and I mean every music software I have used in the over 25 years I’ve been messing with this stuff has had bugs that have shown up after release. Some took years to fix. Some never will be totally right, hence the term patch or build. There are some here like that. It is just that this stuff is super complicated and takes in many, many variables to function. Not to mention development for a dozen different DAWs or more.

While some of us fuss over things that don’t work there are other clicking along that theirs does work. Case in point last week user jpettit found an issue on his system, that work just fine on mine. I would not even begin to argue that mine worked because I know this stuff better than him. Actually he’s probably forgotten more than I will ever know. I learn and ask questions from him regularly. It was just some little variation in our settings or such.

I will say this years release touch most of the bases for me it was a biggie. I think this VSTi is a game changer in the long run. I hope it never becomes over developed but remains a “biablite”. BiaB is the main program, and should remain the focus. I’ll always find Realband useful as it does crazy stuff, like mid track regeneration etc. The plugin allows down and dirty quick track creation inside a DAW of choice.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
resubmitting this as it must have been "accidentally" deleted! laugh

Originally Posted By: sixchannel
- - - NO PRODUCT - - should be released "For Sale" until fully De-Bugged and 100% Functional. - - - -

-GrammySeeker

GrammySeeker, if we all waited for that to happen in Life, we'd wait a LONG time.
Tell that to Ford. My NEW car (Dec 18) has been back 3 times to fix what I believe are "known" issues. Should I have waited until the car design had been "fully de-bugged and 100% functional" before buying? How many YEARS might that be?
Ian

Yeah, but I suspect your NEW car was functional for the basic things a car does on the day you purchased it, right? For many users this VST was non-functional the day it was released. Error messages and crashes. Advertised features such as multiriff not functioning at all. Long process (Dec. 1 to present and still on-going) of users identifying the problems so PGM can fix them. I'd say Pipeline's description of this as an "open beta test" is spot on!

I don't think it helps to pretend that this was just your average, industry-standard, buggy software release! Or that because they didn't raise the price, a significant new feature delivered broken is somehow OK. PGM customers are smarter than that. And newer, younger customers are def not likely to accept such subterfuge.

But with that all said, I strongly agree with Pipeline's assessment that this new VST feature is worth waiting for and worth participating in the open beta test process to help PGM fix and improve it. The VST has already improved my workflow by allowing me to use the stand-alone as a multiriff generator so I never need Realband now!

In my view PGM is an innovative company that cares about its products and its users. The staff is always courteous and knowledgeable. They deliver amazing products. They have the potential to reach even greater heights. I believe they need to improve the beta and release process in order to ensure they don't lose new customers after they gain them.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello GrammySeeker,

We're still trying to duplicate this problem (AAE Error 6) If you're still following this thread, please let us know what version (of Pro Tools) you're running.

There is a long thread on a Pro Tools forum about AAE Error 6... it goes on for multiple years. Have you seen it?
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=367071

It seems that the error can come from a variety of problems. Some people suggested running pro tools as admin, others suggested deleting unused project files, some suggested re installing pro tools all together..

Admittedly there doesn't seem to be a conclusive fix, but there are a number of suggestions that worked for various Pro Tools users. I'm not saying that it has nothing to do with the Band-in-a-Box plugin, there may be a connection, but we've tried several different versions and systems at this point and haven't encountered the error.

Perhaps you could try simply running Pro Tools as an administrator cool (by right-clicking and selecting Run As Admin) and see if the error still happens. I saw some indication it could be a permissions related problem.

(BTW we've renamed the Plugin forum now)

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 02/13/19 07:56 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
G
OP Offline
G
Peter (and others):

Tied up with non-music stuff here and just quickly read through the thread postings.

I can NOT find a "Version #" on the AAX Plugin... HOLD ON... just went into the C: drive sub-directories to check "Properties" on the actual plugin, but no "Version #" - only a Date of December 14, 2018 ;-(

The Plugin at least started working (somewhat) when I updated to BB Build 614.

Cudda-Shudda made a Screen Capture of the actual AAE-6 Error message. Will download whatever the (now) current version is of BB and take another Test Drive when I can get back to this stuff.

FYI, I am running Pro Tools v12.8 in Windows 7 Pro (64-Bit BB version) on an i7 PC with 24GB of RAM and extra 2TB and 3TB hard drives. I have more than 200 Plugins by Waves, Antares, iZotope, etc., etc., but have NEVER had an AAE-6 Error message using any of them.

Will check back in (hopfefully) a few days after I download and install the latest BB update when dust settles a bit on several non-music major projects in play here.

Thank you.

-GrammySeeker

P.S. *** NEWS FLASH*** A person using exclusively AAX Plugins would NOT go looking in a VST Forum for AAX related information, so adding AAX to the VST Forum Section Title will now hopefully save others from similar frustration {SIGH}.

G
OP Offline
G
I just installed BB Build 619, but when the process got to the Plugins Dialog/Window, even though AAX 64-Bit was checked, there was NO "MB" file size listed on the right hand side. Major (UNNECESSARY) CONFUSION - did someone just forget to code the file size, or is there actually NO FILE ???

*** WHERE IS THE ABILITY TO UPLOAD A SCREEN CAPTURE HERE I MADE ???

I went ahead and completed the install, and then checked the AVID (Audio/Plugins) folder and the BB AAX Plugin seems to be the same one previously installed dated December 14, 2018.

Umh, WHY is ANY checkbox pre-checked when there is NOTHING to install? OMG-OMG... I feel like I have been transported to a dysfunctional Parallel Universe here ;-(

Over the years I have purchased many copies of BB plus extra styles, but hardly used the product(s). In fact, some years I did not even install the upgrades I purchased. The *ONLY* Reason I purchased BB 2019 was because of seeing the AAX Plugin being added to work with Pro Tools, and for this year to be "Thee Year" to finally do some serious music again. NOWHERE in the advertising was "Beta Test Version" mentioned, which is what this has turned out to be for far.

Sorry, but many years ago I released a (Non-Music Industry) software program with "ZERO DEFECTS" - not a single bug and not one tech support call because I followed the famous "ZERO DEFECTS" role model *BEFORE* selling it to Customers through rigorous and thorough "Beta Testing" IN ADVANCE. Apparently the World has changed ;-(

After installing BB Build 619, in spite of "Generating" a song, trying to drag some of the Icons to the tracks in Pro Tools doesn't work.

Ohhh... there is the AAX Plugin info at the bottom of the screen (v1.11.14) instead of at the logical top with other other stuff and LOTS of blank space still available. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Like with AVID, WAVES and others, does BB Tech Support have the capability to "Remote-In" to a Customer's computer?

If there is capability to upload Screen Captures, someone did a good job at hiding "BROWSE" (for file) and "UPLOAD" buttons.

-GrammySeeker

Last edited by GrammySeeker; 02/16/19 07:22 PM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If you look at the bottom of the Reply window "File manager"
I tried to send you a PM but it must be turn off in your settings.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Forum-File-Manager.png (29.26 KB, 38 downloads)
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
I just installed BB Build 619, but when the process got to the Plugins Dialog/Window, even though AAX 64-Bit was checked, there was NO "MB" file size listed on the right hand side. Major (UNNECESSARY) CONFUSION - did someone just forget to code the file size, or is there actually NO FILE ???

This would mean that the file doesn't add any additional disk space, since it is the same size as the file you already have installed.

In the Plugin, check the version number in File | Prefs | About to verify that it's installed.

Quote:
WHERE IS THE ABILITY TO UPLOAD A SCREEN CAPTURE HERE I MADE ???

You can use the File Manager to attach an image to your post (as Pipeline explained), or another option is to link to an external file saved/uploaded via a cloud storage app like Dropbox, Google drive, etc.

Quote:
After installing BB Build 619, in spite of "Generating" a song, trying to drag some of the Icons to the tracks in Pro Tools doesn't work.

This seems to be the main problem that you're having. So if you could be more specific about what isn't working, we might get to the bottom of this. In other words, what exactly happens when you try drag a track? Does it not something like this:
https://youtu.be/Cf__yHff5u4?t=532

FYI one useful test is to try the stand-alone version of the plugin, which you'll find in the bb folder bb\BBPlugin\Files, and see if that is working for you.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195