Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
BIAB 2019 update 622 (ultra pak on usb drive)full internal hd install win10 64

If I try to use the video, I get a message saying that VJT app is not installed. I installed 2019 update 622 as per the message box but same symptom.
This file is not on my hard drive, there is no VJT folder under \bb\data and I also checked the \bb folder on the ultra usb hd and that folder isn't present there either.

I have messaged support but has anyone got any clues as to how to fix this, please?

Last edited by Poldav; 03/04/19 01:06 AM. Reason: additional info
Veteran
Veteran
Poldav,

Welcome to the forum!

The VJT folder is installed by the Band-in-a-Box installation program. Both Band-in-a-Boc and RealBand uses the VJT file to display and playback video files.

My folder is located at x:\bb\Data\VJT where "x" equals the drive letter of the storage drive where Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are installed.

Do you have Band-in-a-Box and RealBand installed to the same storage drive? If not, that maybe contributing to your issue.

Be aware, the VJT folder contains multiple files. I suspect the extra files support the executable file.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jim,
Thanks for responding. Yep they're both on the same internal drive - although f:\ (not the c:\ drive that I use for windows).
I thought it maybe just an install glitch but on the usb drive supplied, in the bb\data folder there is no VJT folder. Also, in the realband\data folder there is no VJT folder.

Last edited by Poldav; 03/04/19 10:36 AM. Reason: additional info
Veteran
Veteran
Poldav,

I'm disappointed to read the VJT folder is not present.

I think it might be time to contact PG Music support.

I would suggest accessing your online account to download and install the file that has the VJT folder contents but I have no idea which file contains those files.

The online files are compressed package files designed to facilitate ease of download and use of the download manager to download and install many of the online files as a background task. Meanwhile the USB hard drive files are not compressed and arranged to accommodate four different installation options. So you'll need to work with technical support so you'll be given accurate advice.

P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jim, Thanks. I had already asked support for help, so I'll have to wait n see what they say. I didn't look within any compressed files on the usb disk, so that would explain why I couldn't find it - assuming it is there. However, the fact that there is no folder in \bb\data on the usb drive implies either that any folk running the program from the drive would not have the facility of realtrack videos or that my usb drive was missing files. Poldav

Veteran
Veteran
Poldav,

You may want to try PG Music chat or telephone support for a faster response. The contact information for both is located at the top of each forum page.

P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Jim,
Chat told me to email support lol
Dave

P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just an update for anyone else searching for this issue. I have been advised by tech support that NONE of the 2019 versions of the program contain video realtracks or the vjt.exe file & it's ancilliaries - it is now an additional cost add-on. Presumably, those who upgraded from an earlier version may have the facility but any new users won't.

Veteran
Veteran
Poldav,

I'm confused. What video were you trying to view when BiaB gave you the error message?

I was not aware the 2019 UltraPAK Band-in-a-Box did not include any Video RealTracks. Thanks for sharing that information with us.

P
Poldav Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jim,
I was really just exploring the program as a noob - I guess I'd just recently read something (possibly the 2018 update in help) that referred to video tracks. When it didn't work, I searched here on the forum & found a thread where someone had not been able to find the files/folder & ended up re-installing 2018 version & then updating to 2019 - which sent me on the quest smile
Whilst it's unlikely I'd ever really use the facility, I was disappointed in the (lack of) initial response to my contact with support, the response by chat & then (after I re-submitted a report to support) which eventually confirmed (I assume) that a facility available in 2018 had been withdrawn/monetized in 2019.
I suppose the main annoyance was wasting my time looking for something that wasn't there & (my assumption) that 2019 would include everything in versions before it.
I spent a long time considering which package to buy & feel that removing facilities is a step backwards, however little they might be used.
None of this lessens the value of BIAB 2019 but it does add to the feeling that both help & the general BIAB website is confusing about what the program offers.

Last edited by Poldav; 03/07/19 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,115
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182