Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#527716 - 03/06/19 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :)
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Journeyman

Hi Folks!
For some reason I thought February would be slow...Was I wrong! With all the work and snow storm clean ups it left virtually no time for my hobby of writing tunes smile Thankfully some days were more kind to me than others and I managed to write a tune that I dedicate to my wife.
Constructive critique on the mix or other suggestions are always welcomed. I am not a musician, just enthusiast and I treasure opinions and tips from people from this forum. Thank you for listening. Misha.

Initial midi arrangement was done in vArranger. Then moved to BIAB to make a rough sketch with Realtracks. Synths of Halion Sonic. Mixed in Cakewalk.
Band:
2783: Sax Alto
2415: Sax. Soprano, Soloist BossaJack
1316:Medley
RealDrums=BossaTerryClarke

Don't wait till tomorrow

Lyrics:

It's five in a morning, streets are empty
people waking to whiny clocks
Yesterdays newspapers
laying on sidewalk

Don't try squeeze water out of the rock
Don't wait till tomorrow
Life is like a breath
short as lightning on the sky

Day unfolded, sun as at a zenith
moving cars like restless ants
yesterday's agenda – dying fish on the sand

Don't try turning ashes to gold
Don't wait till tomorrow
heart will guide your way
through the somber times

Feel of great anxiety, deep frustration
hmm forbidden fruit of globalization
Meanings got shuffled, hiding in disguise
prosperity depends on lucky rolling of the dice

Don't fight current, follow the stream
Don't wait till tomorrow
love is like a tree
waiting for the spring.

#527718 - 03/06/19 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Very smooth and well produced. Enjoyed the listen a lot

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#527725 - 03/06/19 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: furry]
Loc: Texas
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Cool mix of solo horns! I like it!

#527731 - 03/06/19 07:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
very nice

nice vocals with a smooth harmony blend

kinda reminded me of Al Stewart (Year of the Cat fame)

sax sounds great too,

Kenny

#527781 - 03/07/19 08:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Jim Offline
Journeyman

Nice images...
Among them...
"yesterday's agenda – dying fish on the sand"...
"Don't try turning ashes to gold"...
Your rhymes seem sparingly used...
Yet the images & lyrics flow very well...
Thanks, I enjoyed the listen!

#527782 - 03/07/19 08:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I really enjoyed this one - it flows really well, and is nicely catchy too smile I like that it sounds fun and light hearted. The solos fit perfectly and the mix sounded concise and professional.

Really well done - thanks for sharing!

#527785 - 03/07/19 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
This is excellent. I love a Bossa.
Great lyrics - "Free Verse" I think they call it.
It sounded great and it certainly painted a picture - enjoy the NOW, as Tomorrow will always be a day away.
Ian

BB2019Plus, 622, RB3, Win7

https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchanne

#527818 - 03/07/19 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Denmark
I very much enjoyed listening to your song - both the lyrics, the instruments and the composition. It is a nice and smooth sounding mix. I think you did really well here!

Thank you for sharing!
Will

#527862 - 03/07/19 06:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Journeyman

Graham, Thank you for listening and nice words!

Mr.BobaLew, Thank youon the mix comment! Yep, BIAB horns & wind made my day on this, I wish there would be more Bossa type rhythm tracks.

Kenny, thank you! I should listen more to Al Stewart to learn from master smile

Jim thank you for carefully listening and warm lyric flow comment.

Deryk, Thank you! BIAB is my solo "rescue" machine smile

Ian, Thank you! I love Bossa too. I hope that I did not mock this great genre with this tune smile

Will, Thank you for nice comments! I am getting used to my headphones, still
cheat sometimes on mix a little as with this tune, I think I over-reverbed it a bit to make stuff glue better smile

Misha.

#527880 - 03/07/19 11:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Misha,
This is excellent - unconstrained by externally imposed lyrics or timing you shine.
Lovely SOUND, sweet lyrics and the sort of expressive abandon you do so well.
Classic.
Al Stewart - start you listening with the album Past, Present & Future.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#527886 - 03/08/19 12:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Hi Misha,
Very fluid song and your voice fits well with it. Christian

#527888 - 03/08/19 01:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Misha,

I listened yesterday but didn't have time to comment. Listening again now.

Very, very good, possibly your best yet I think. Love the bossa groove, such a great feel.

Vocals sound good, love the spoken word bit before the sax comes in too.

As as usual, very cool lyrics.

Mix sounds great to me, not a thing I would do different.

Good song, enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website
CD release: Blue Line

#527962 - 03/08/19 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Journeyman

Ray, Thank you for listening and warm comments! Will start listening to "Past, Present & Future", thank you for suggestion!

Christian, Thank you for listening!

Dave, thank you for encouragement! I am glad you liked it! Can not go wrong with Bossa. Thank you for mentioning spoken word, I was unsure how it fits with genre smile

#527999 - 03/08/19 05:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nicely done in every way!! So melodic, so pleasant! Very much enjoyed Misha!! Take care. Greg

#528039 - 03/09/19 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
Hello Misha,

that's another great song you're presenting here. Lovely lyrucs, brilliantly arranged and sung in your unmistakable dedicated style. A big compliment from my side!

All the best,

Stefan

#528049 - 03/09/19 09:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Definitely quality material here. The arrangement is quite outstanding.

Most enjoyable.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#528052 - 03/09/19 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia USA
You keep writing good lyrics. There is an underlying exotic feel to your melody in this. Nice!

#528070 - 03/09/19 04:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Journeyman

Greg, Thank you for listening and kind feedback!
-------------
Stefan, Thank you! I am honored to receive your positive comments.
--------------
VideoTrack, Thank you listening and for words of encouragement on arrangement!
Most things I do freestyle, not pre-planned and always worry that it will be too banal/simplistic to somebody who actually is a musician, so it is a treat to get your comment smile
--------------
Ezekiel, Thank you for listening and supportive feedback!

#528090 - 03/10/19 12:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Very nice European melancholy bossa. Excellent chording. Piano and sax sound great, very enjoyable reverb. Interesting lyrics with vivid imagery. I like to hear your calming vocals as well.

Janne

#528118 - 03/10/19 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't wait till tomorrow. Almost Bossa tune :) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this Misha. Super vocal and harmony on this song. Very smooth backtrack as well..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Learn More About the Redesigned Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker!

Wow - how much do you LOVE the redesigned SongPicker in Band-in-a-Box® 2019?!

The SongPicker within Band-in-a-Box® accesses the folder of your choosing for easy opening of all your favorite songs, or song files purchased from a third party or shared by a friend, member of your band, etc.

Now, with this redesigned feature, you can view the chord progression for your selected song without having to open it in Band-in-a-Box® and can copy the information from this window right into a TXT file!

The new progress bar is a great visual aid when you're updating the folder - for instance, if you load the ENTIRE Band-in-a-Box® folder, that's over 15,000 songs - and it's nice to see the progress/confirmation on screen. Not that you'll be waiting long - since the SongPicker now builds lists faster!

Plus, there's so many filters added - searching for the song you want has never been easier!

Click here for a detailed write up on this redesigned feature, or watch the Video - SongPicker Overview.

TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2015 Sound Bytes Review!

Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows was released on December 2014, and added GUI enhancements, support for 64-bit VST Plugins using jBridge, the ability to Load & Play videos PLUS save your song as a video... and more!

Check out the candid Sound Bytes review of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows here.

Band In a Box grew up and became very mature software, offering a whole new world of possibilities – and we all just missed the progress, thinking that it is still the old toy that we used to know.
-A. Arsov

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Options

Learn more about the Chord Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Watch the video.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 is included in this patch.

Summary of changes for build 625 (March 19, 2019):

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 (Mar 7) is included in this patch.

Improved: Faster program bootup.
Improved: The SongPicker has sorting added. Each column can be sorted in forward or reverse order by clicking on the column.
Improved: New buttons [Search] and [Search Again] in the SongPicker allow you to search for certain text.
Improved: In the SongPicker, pressing the first letter jumps to that song (using the sorted column). If you type more than one character (within 2 seconds), such as typing ba it will jump to songs beginning with "ba".
Improved: SongPicker Options window has "play when chosen" added.
Improved: SongPicker Options window has option to disable sorting (if you have a slow machine and more than 40,000 songs in a list, you might want to disable sorting).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might prompt user to re-activate their license. Users who are still getting a message such as "program can only used on one computer" at bootup, can repair their license with this small .exe.
Fixed: Noise and frozen playback problems when using SampleTank 3 on some computers.
Fixed: The Big Lyrics window would automatically open when opening a song that contained only section text events.
Fixed: RealDrums picker might crash if no RealDrums are selected.
Fixed: The letter R cannot be used in note based lyrics.
Fixed: Audio base tempo would not be applied until song was reopened or Audio Edit window open prior to playback.
Fixed: The SongPicker displayed a dark grey background after rebuilding.
Fixed: Various minor typos in StylePicker and Titles database as reported.
Improved: LD harmonica RealTracks will now work better over major chord progressions.
Fixed: Look Ma More MIDI .SGU demos were not loading from StylePicker.
Improved: Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Sw 120: gaps are filled more appropriately.
Fixed: RockEven16 Drums sometimes played an ending bar in the middle of the song in the B section.
Fixed: Various RealDrums transcriptions had issues with bars displaying incorrectly.
Added: RealDrums transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 11 transcription partially incorrect.
Fixed: _SONGBRD demo was at an incorrect tempo.
Added: RealTracks Transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FastPowerRockQuinn Ev 160 - some chords incorrectly played.
Fixed: Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopMelodic Ev 120 was not playing back properly.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PeruFestejo68 Sw 120 now plays m7b5 chords more accurately.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPicked8ths Ev 165 and Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPickedA-B Ev 165 were playing a few incorrect chords.
Improved: Several acoustic strumming guitar audition demos.
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopHardHighMurray Ev16 075 was playing incorrect chords in certain instances.
Fixed: Charango, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085 and Electric, AndesHuaynoA-B Ev16 085 were not playing all chords
Fixed: A few RealStyles (e.g. _longing.sty) previously had parts on the melody track, and would therefore delete any existing melodies.
Fixed: _Arabian demo incompatible with localized BB versions.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Sheet Display Options

Learn more about the Chord Sheet Display Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch the video.

You can also read all about Chord Sheet Display Options within our Online Manual.

Add Cellist Natalie Haas to Your Band with RealTracks Set 325!

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas!

Watch the video demo of these RealTracks here.

RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas is available for $29 here, and is also included in the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or PlusPAK Upgrade. You can also purchase this RealTracks Set bundled with all the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 released Country RealTracks (Sets 320-328) in the RealPAK: Country 15 for $79.

Learn more about Natalie Haas here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Review!

Visit www.gearslutz.com and you'll find a recent (and thorough!) review of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

Band-in-a-Box has evolved into an expansive musical tool-set, able to aid both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical "talent". It's easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. An amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1248525-pg-music-band-box.html

Summary
Sound quality: 5/5 Stars
Ease of use: 4/5 Stars
Features: 5/5 Stars
Bang for buck: 5/5 Stars
Overall: 4.75/5 Stars!

Forum Stats
29185 Members
60 Forums
57400 Topics