Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#527850 03/07/19 03:18 PM
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin. (1.13.5)

Fixed: Bar highlighting starting at intro after first chorus
I had been waiting patiently and quietly for this fix.

Added: Option in preferences for plugin playback in sync with DAW
Added: Audio playback through DAW driver (sync option will highlight track in red when clicked)
Can anyone explain exactly what these two additions are?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

Before V1.13.5 the plugin audio setting (I don't remember exactly which) followed the audio driver set in the Band-in-a-Box program or the Windows Control Panel audio setting. The problem was if you are using a soft synth in the daw to render midi, the plugin did not use the soft synth. So you couldn't hear the same audio in the plugin you heard once the midi was exported to the daw. Likewise for audio any effect that was applied to the audio was not heard. Now, the plugin output goes through the daw so whatever effect or soft synth used on the track is applied to the plugin audio

I'm not as sure about the sync but I believe it has to do with the plugin now can follow a daw tempo if the tempo is changed after the plugin is inserted into the daw. Before the plugin read the daw tempo when it was first inserted into the daw. If you inserted the plugin into the daw, changed tempo and then hit play the plugin wouldn't always pick up the change.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Jim, I hope to get some time this weekend to check this out. Last I recall I was continuing to have "midi" issues with the plug. The long ago fix to include the blue super midi tracks seemed to have gotten broken again and only rendered green audio versions were available.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
[quote=MusicStudent]Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin. (1.13.5)

I see when I drag a track into the Reaper and hit play in Reaper the Chord chart is active and in sync with the playback. OK, that is nice.

Added: Audio playback through DAW driver (sync option will highlight track in red when clicked)
Unless I drag a track to Reaper I don't hear anything play = no matter what "play" button I hit. There is no playback sound from the plugin. Been this way back to the prior update when no sound comes from the plug in. All I can figure is this is broke?

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

I see when I drag a track into the Reaper and hit play in Reaper the Chord chart is active and in sync with the playback. OK, that is nice.

Well it was nice when it worked. After a short time that was the last I was able to see this feature. I assume it is broke.

I guess I came back too soon. crazy

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Dan I tested this yesterday and I have different results. For me it is in sync, and I have audio playback in the plugin. I’m thinking maybe it’s in the audio driver setup. I’m not super familiar with Reaper, but will dig some more later today when I get some time. Maybe we can figure this out.

What audio driver are you using?

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
N
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
N
audi driver setup for the DAW? or is there an option for audio driver setup in BIAB plugin? (doubt), all other VST's in my systems are working as they are suppose to probably should down grade to last working update?

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Yes now the newest build plays through the daws audio setup. So check which driver you are using and see if there are options that will allow other programs to use the driver. Something is amiss here.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Navid Syed
snip ... is there an option for audio driver setup in BIAB plugin?

The answer is yes and no. The standalone version of the V1.13.5 plugin has audio/midi settings under "Options". However, the V1.13.5 VST3 plugin does not have any user configurable audio/midi settings; the plugin uses the daw audio engine.

I do have a thought though. Many daws allows user to select from multiple audio driver settings; as an example the last screen shot shows the audio driver settings Cakewalk by Bandlab allows me to select from on this laptop. Notice one of the choices is labeled WASPI Exclusive while another choice is WASPI Shared. WASPI Exclusive allows only one application at a time to to use the audio engine while WASPI Shared allows multiple applications to use the audio engine. I'm wondering if the daw is not allowing the BiaB plugin access to the audio engine.

I would try switching audio driver settings in the daw to see if any of the choices available lets the BiaB plugin work.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (175.92 KB, 179 downloads)
Clipboard02.jpg (185.04 KB, 178 downloads)
Clipboard03.jpg (72.01 KB, 178 downloads)

N
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
N
Hello Jim, thank you for your help, I do have the option to choose different drivers but I prefer ASIO, I was playing around with different settings and disabled ASIO guard not sure if that helped but now I can audition the audio in VST, thanks again for taking the time to answer

Veteran
Veteran
I'm glad my advice was helpful and you can audition the plugin audio. That's great news!

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Navid Syed
...I was playing around with different settings and disabled ASIO guard not sure if that helped but now I can audition the audio in VST

What does "disabled ASIO guard" mean? Is this a setting in Reaper? I don't see it. I have tried other drivers with Reaper with no luck.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The standalone version of the plugin just throws an error no matter what drivers are set. So no trouble shootin options there for me.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Standalone.PNG (85.67 KB, 118 downloads)
Last edited by MusicStudent; 03/15/19 01:01 PM.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I called support and they said there were no reported problems with the VSTi3 Plugin in Reaper. I guess they don't read the forum.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I can only assume since countless others have this working fine in Reaper that the issue is my system. BIAB works fine. Reaper works fine. But the VST3 is mute and the plugin standalone is non functional. I can certainly break BIAB by playing with drivers. Even Reaper can be stopped with Driver changes. But nothing brings the VST3 to life.

Perhaps my Motu Audio Express is an issue. It is one complex beast. Problem is when it is working it is great. Messing with this can certainly kill sound. But those adjustments don't fix the Plugin.

Can't tell you how upsetting this has been. Oh, maybe I did mention that in the past. crazy The only possible upside is I have started to seriously wean myself away from the forum. My wife says I spend too much time here. If I can't get this fixed I suspect I will simply fade away. Just to taxing on me.

Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

In the standalone plugin, what audio choices do you have? You can check by pressing "Options" > "Audio/MIDI Settings ..." > "Audio Device Type"?

If you have more than one selection to choose from, do you get the same error message when you try to use each selection?

Also, is your sampling rate 44.1K? If not, try it as that is the sampling rate Band-in-a-Box prefers.

Clipboard02.jpg (181.37 KB, 123 downloads)
Clipboard01.jpg (137.23 KB, 124 downloads)

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ya, this may be my problem due to the MOTU. I only have options for the MOTU. But more critical I only have options for 48000. The MOTU is self sensing and will adjust to what the application is sending. but it seems stuck on 48000. I will keep looking closer at this.

Capture.PNG (144.35 KB, 120 downloads)
Capture 2.PNG (43.48 KB, 120 downloads)

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, I am half way there. Howver, the MOTU hardware is still stuck and 48000 and the Standalone is non functional. But we may be on the right track.

Capture 3.PNG (89.06 KB, 119 downloads)

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Lookie what I found. It is Motu Audio Cousole {this is a hidden app which only can be run when ALL music applications are CLOSED.

I can now set the MOTU Hareware to 44100. Next comes the big trial...

Capture 4.PNG (18.97 KB, 116 downloads)

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
As soon as I run the standalone the MOTU hardward reverts from 44100 back to 48000. This is consistent with my understanding that the MOTU auto adjusts to what the app is sending. Which in this case appears to be 48000.

And now I see the entire motu driver has been removed! Time to start over... tomorrow when I try to remind myself why am I doing this. crazy

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195