Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Kev T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Just noticed that my 2019 BIAB splash screen still said 32bit. I run BIAB from an external drive and followed PG instructions to create a shortcut to 64bit and can now run either version.
I was doing a task today which entails using the ACW to analyse a song in mp3 format. In 64bit the mp3 file won't convert or load and I get a yellow pop up error message saying that the Media conversion can't be done and something about "Foundation was unable to convert to .wav" and an error number (but it's too quick to memorize the whole message)and the process stops! I tried the same thing in 32bit and it worked fine. Anybody have any ideas why it won't work in BIAB 64 please?

Last edited by Kev T; 03/09/19 07:53 AM.

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Kev,
I can confirm that I'm having the same problem, noticed this yesterday. In 64-bit version, I can't even read the error message, it just very quickly flashes, and no processing of the file. Switch to 32-bit version (this is using the 623 build), it processes the exact same file with no problem.

I haven't used ACW very much, still learning, so I'm not sure if the same situation occurred with earlier versions.

Jerry
2019 BiaB Megapack (634), RB 2019 (Build 4)
Reaper 5.983 x64, Audient id14 USB interface, Voicemeeter Potato 3.0.0.8, Nektar LX49+, Roland E20
i7-6700K Skylake desktop, 64bit Win10 Pro(1903), 32GB ram, 512GB system SSD + 2TB data SSD
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Kev T and Photodoc,

I am not experiencing any issue using the Audio Chord Wizard (ACW) to import a MP3 file in 2019 Band-in-a-Box 64 bit V623. I'm wondering if the program may be experiencing an issue converting from MP3 to WAV. I suspect that may be what the error message is trying to say.

You can view a message log of the messages by navigating to "Help" > "Utilities" > "Display Log Text File Of Green/Yellow Text Messages ...".

Also, press Ctrl + E or "Options" > "Preferences" to open the preferences window and in the bottom, right you can change the amount of time messages are displayed.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (172.8 KB, 193 downloads)
Clipboard02.jpg (79.61 KB, 191 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Build 623 64 bit is not converting or loading correctly on my system either. 32 bit build 623 is working.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Kev T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks Jerry and Charlie. At least I'm not the only one experiencing this oddity?? I wonder what makes Jim's setup different to ours?

Jim. Many thanks for the great tip about accessing the error log. From that I can see that the full message reads:
"Audio Conversion Error: Media Foundation failed to convert to .wav The error number is -2147024864 [2019.617.0, 09/03/2019 16:42:17]"

(Another similar message has a different error code of -1072875819. They seem to be the only two codes displayed).

If I get time today I might see if pre - converting the mp3 to wav in Adobe Audition and then trying to load into BIAB 64 ACW works, but still curious why it will convert in 32 but not 64??

Thanks guys for you help so far.

Kind Regards

Kev.

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics
Kev T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
So.....I tried the idea of pre-converting to wav before loading into BIAB 64 and didn't get any error message this time.....but just nothing else happened. Followed the latest ACW vid (BIAB 2018) Audio edit screen was just black.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-03-10 (450x253).jpg (100.59 KB, 167 downloads)

A
A
+1

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Kev T
So.....I tried the idea of pre-converting to wav before loading into BIAB 64 and didn't get any error message this time.....but just nothing else happened. Followed the latest ACW vid (BIAB 2018) Audio edit screen was just black.

The black audio edit screen means no audio was loaded onto the track. That doesn't mean the audio WAV file doesn't contain audio though. The converted audio may have not been extracted from the file for some reason. The WAV file may play in another program. Did you test?

If I'm understanding your process, you have an MP3 file and convert and save that MP3 as a WAV and then attempt to use that WAV file in the BIAB ACW, correct?

I'm interested to understand the conversion process you're using better. Can you provide more detail?

Thanks

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Just as a guess, are you using 44.1KHz or 48KHz sampling rate with the WAV file?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
My suspicion is your MP3 to wav convertor is a 32 bit based utility. My guess is the 64 bit BiaB program wants to see a 64 bit based utility. As a frame of reference, a 64 bit program can not use a 32 bit based DX effect or instrument. PG Music had to update the PG Music effects to 64 bit before the 64 bit BiaB program could utilize them.

My computer has two MP3 to wav convertors. One utility is 32 bit based and the second 64 bit based. For those that use it, the Lame MP3 convertor is 32 bit based.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
OK guys, thanks for all the input regarding this. I contacted Support (Mike) today, and he pointed out how this works!

In 64-bit BIAB, the "new" approach is to avoid using the Tool labeled "Audio Chord Wizard". That is the "old" way, which works fine in 32-bit version.

With 64-bit, simply use the menu File | Import | Import Audio (WAV, WMA, MP3, WMV)
(Doing this works quite fast, there is no Green / Yellow message, which made me think something was wrong, but it's not!)

The Audio track appears as an Orange color, and then the trick is to change your "View" by using the "Audio Edit" icon on the "Views icons.
There's your audio..... works fine! Ahem.. just a newbie misunderstanding on my part. Great support folks!

Jerry
Reaper 5.983 x64, Audient id14 USB interface, Voicemeeter Potato 3.0.0.8, Nektar LX49+, Roland E20
i7-6700K Skylake desktop, 64bit Win10 Pro(1903), 32GB ram, 512GB system SSD + 2TB data SSD
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I will experiment some more. I'm understanding that 64 bit may not import a WAV file when using the Audio Chord Wizard to select, import and initiate a chord analysis but wondering if the older version of the ACW will still work if the audio is loaded in the way you indicate.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Charlie,

I had a chance to look at this closer tonight --- it's a little more complicated than I thought earlier.

I record files as either .MP3 or as .WAV in BIAB, but also some likewise recordings in Reaper.
I haven't seen any problems opening files in Reaper itself, whether they are Mp3 or WAV, and originally from either program.

I now see that when I try to import a .WAV file originally rendered from Reaper, into 64-bit BIAB Audio Chord Wizard, nothing happens --- no import.
If the Reaper file is rendered as a .MP3, it imports into ACW just fine. This is 64-bit BIAB.

However, when I switch to 32-bit BIAB, those .WAV files from Reaper import into ACW without any problem! As do the .MP3 files from Reaper.
A bit convoluted, I hope I'm explaining this accurately.

I'd say that 64-bit BIAB has something going on that prevents ACW importing .WAV files from Reaper recordings. No problem at all with 32-bit BIAB.

Jerry
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Jim, thank you for mentioning Auto Chord Wizard, I was frustrated trying to figure what ACW was.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzsax
Jim, thank you for mentioning Auto Chord Wizard, I was frustrated trying to figure what ACW was.

I'm glad my comment was helpful. Thank you for mentioning it!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,489
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195