You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#529913 - 03/23/19 11:24 AM [RealBand] Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings?
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

In other DAWS like Cakewalk, when I insert Aria on a track and choose an instrument, like piano, and save the file, the instrument (like piano) is saved in Aria when I re-open it, just like I left it, so to speak.

However, when I attempt to do the same thing in Real Band, and select Aria as a player and load an instrument and save the file and reopen it, the Aria player on the track is blank and I have to load the instrument or instruments all over again. I can't find any way to save this choices I make in Real Band files.

Am I missing something, or is this just the way Real Band is?

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#529930 - 03/23/19 03:42 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi David

Strange will RB retain its vsti voices with other vsti

I have a multi midi channel RB file where some of the tracks are midi and some separate instances of Kontakt . I have various instruments on the Kontakt tracks and they are all recalled and loaded when I load the file.
Note I am saving the file in RBs native SEQ format.

Mike

Edited by Mike Head (03/23/19 03:45 PM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#529946 - 03/23/19 06:07 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Mike Head]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

I only really use Aria, and as long as I have used Real Band it does this, I just never have bothered to figure out why.

Now I would like to know why.

It is strange.

I have no clue.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#529948 - 03/23/19 06:24 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

I haven't played with saving VSTi in RealBand very much so please consider this as me "thinking out loud" and passing an idea to you for consideration.

I'm wondering if it might make a difference where the song file originates.

You can (1) create the song project in RealBand and save the song project file in the native SEQ file format. You can also (2) create the song project in Band-in-a-Box, save as a SGU or MGU song file, open the Band-in-a-Box song file in RealBand and then save the song file in the native SEQ file format.

Both ways may create slightly different song files that contain slightly different metadata. This theory gains some authority when you consider you can take a Band-in-a-Box song file you suspect might contain corruption, open the song file in RealBand and then save (as a BiaB song file) and the corruption is sometimes cleaned out. The theory gains more authority when you consider that not all Band-in-a-Box song file settings transfer between Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Rephrase the Las Vegas tourist slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to "What begins in RealBand, stays in RealBand" and my theory almost reads like it makes sense, doesn't it?
i7 Desktop, 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 12 GB ram
256 GB M2 SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#529975 - 03/24/19 04:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: South Carolina
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I used to use Sampletank and Roland TTS in RB on almost every song, and both saved the instrument settings
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB 2020, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Melodyne editor, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Akai MPK mini, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#529982 - 03/24/19 06:17 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think it depends on the VSTi and how it saves/loads sounds.

Two things you could try;
Save Group .. this saves a Group of VST/VSTi, in other words the data from all four of the slots in a given track's FX area.
I've seen this save some settings when regular save didn't. You may have to Load Group after, but maybe not.

Or maybe try saving the Aria settings as a Preset in RB .. maybe this will retain the settings or at least make them easier to recall. (?)

Other than that I have seen a couple FX that simply refuse to recall settings when loaded. Never figured out why. 99% of them load just fine.

#529985 - 03/24/19 06:33 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks rharv, that is exactly what I am talking about.

I have to "save group" and then recall that each time, I can't figure out for the life of me why it won't save instruments.

The Aria board comes back up upon reload, but the instruments are not there. The board is blank. Guess I will call tech support.

Thanks!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530114 - 03/25/19 10:45 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: Jim Fogle]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Jim and others,

trying to get a hold of support here. Having no luck. Can't figure it out.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#530341 - 03/26/19 06:40 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

David,

Have you tried sending a private message to the lead developer, Jeff Yankauer?
i7 Desktop, 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 12 GB ram
256 GB M2 SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#530446 - 03/27/19 03:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: David Snyder]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I'd try putting it in the Wishlist Forum first.

Since most plugins work fine, I'm guessing it is something these plugins are doing differently when saving/loading sounds.
Could be wrong, but a whole lot of synths seem to work fine. It may be something proprietary that the programmers haven't yet encountered.

If you feel it's a 'bug' in current PGMusic products, right now the Chat option at top of page appears 'online'.
Give them a shot. A good chat session can move things along quickly.

#531030 - 04/01/19 09:20 AM [RealBand] Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? [Re: rharv]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks guys. I will try both of these ideas.

I think it must be a programming issue of some sort. It does not happen in other DAWS I use.

Thanks again.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

PG Music News
#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

RealBand® Bar Settings Explained

Pressing the [Bar] button or f5 while in the Chords Window of RealBand brings up the Settings for Bar for that song.

What can you do in Bar Settings?
-Key Changes
-Style Changes
-Instrument Changes
-RealTracks Changes (opens a new window)
-Access the UserTracks Development Settings
-assign bars to repeat
-Reset - All Bars or Current Bar

Forum Stats
31213 Members
63 Forums
62447 Topics
528291 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
DA40, DougTheMusician, Kirill Kocherov, mtbbsong, jlart

31212 Registered Users