Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
olemon #532205 04/09/19 09:47 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That was excellent. Strong vocal and harmonies. I liked that when you were singing about things nautical, the accordion came in, which is an instrument used often in shanties. Great connection. Yeoman work!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
Scott C #532527 04/12/19 01:56 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Such a cool vocal. Violin was very nice. Well done

Thanks. I'm partial to those RT fiddles.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done - love your vocals on this, and the fiddle was an excellent addition smile I've never visited the Dakotas but this tune makes me curious to check it out. I have visited the prairies in Canada, and must say there's a gentle and subtle beauty over there.

Thanks for sharing!

I've been to Canada's east and west coasts, as it were, but not to the interior. I imagine it's similar to the Dakotas in many ways. Thanks for the listen.

cliftond #532747 04/14/19 05:39 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: cliftond
This is an excellent song, your vocals stand out in a great way!!! good use of BIAB, in this. Cliff

I appreciate that.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

I love the sound of this... Great song and vocal.

Excellent mix as well.

Bob

Thanks. Glad you liked it. I struggled with this one mightily.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Man, is it ever cool to see you back around!

And what a re-entry. ALL the RT's sound great. Very nice the way you weaved the fiddle in and out and we like the added cello and accordion texture.

As always the lead vocal/harmony is excellent as is the write. Janice never fails to mention the soul in your voice.

We hear this as a fine "longing" tune without being overly angst ridden...just convincing. A sweet spot to hit for sure.

Keep 'em coming!!!

J&B

Gosh, thank you. Praise from you two is music to my ears.

olemon #532824 04/15/19 04:06 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What? Couldn't you just go sailing in Dakota?

Lovely lyric, very visual. Really strong melody as well. The backing works, simply. I enjoyed the listen a lot.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
olemon #532986 04/16/19 07:24 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really beautiful song!! Love the sentiment, love the melody. As much as I appreciate what you did with it, I would like to hear it a bit slower with little or no percussion and piano as the main instrument. Wonderful song!! Glad to see you back around again Scott! Take care. Greg

44kfl #533454 04/19/19 04:16 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Hey Scott,

cool song, strong vocals and good melody

especially the harmony

I like the drums a lot

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
That was excellent. Strong vocal and harmonies. I liked that when you were singing about things nautical, the accordion came in, which is an instrument used often in shanties. Great connection. Yeoman work!

Thank you for making that connection! That's exactly what I was hoping to convey with those RT's.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
What? Couldn't you just go sailing in Dakota?

Lovely lyric, very visual. Really strong melody as well. The backing works, simply. I enjoyed the listen a lot.

Yeah, family and friends were a bit shocked, but the sea was calling.

Hey, thanks for the spin and your kind words.

olemon #533477 04/19/19 07:31 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Well, I like this one too! Man, I am in the company of some really good artists here. I thank you!!!

olemon #533478 04/19/19 07:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song. Superb storytelling vocals--nice resonance in your voice. I like the instrumentation with the accordion and fiddle.

olemon #533507 04/19/19 11:53 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is so genuinely beautiful. The melody flows so naturally and the background tracks are just perfect as accompaniment. Love the accordion, love the fiddle interludes. I live in London, UK, and we don't have as much of this kind of music over here than I'd like, but this would never be out of place on any radio station, I'd say. Thanks for sharing - loved it.

olemon #533528 04/19/19 02:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Scott,

Wow! this is good.... an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Your vocals along with the song's arrangement and production are superb. As I'm sitting here listening, I find that everything about this is very, very engaging. You've created a wonderful song.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Greg Johnson #533735 04/21/19 04:49 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really beautiful song!! Love the sentiment, love the melody. As much as I appreciate what you did with it, I would like to hear it a bit slower with little or no percussion and piano as the main instrument. Wonderful song!! Glad to see you back around again Scott! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. I think I tried piano at some point. I decided on those shakers early on. I was going for the 'drums of Polynesia' with those toms at the second verse. Not sure I got them right, but then I opted for drums to keep the song moving.

Appreciate the listen and your feedback.

Originally Posted By: Riverbear
Well, I like this one too! Man, I am in the company of some really good artists here. I thank you!!!

Thanks for giving it a spin.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Great song. Superb storytelling vocals--nice resonance in your voice. I like the instrumentation with the accordion and fiddle.

Superb storytelling...? Don't know what to say to that except thank you.

olemon #533736 04/21/19 05:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great stuff Scott. I just love the drums and percussion parts, it's chunky, different and SO right. What a superb voice you have. sick Superbly put together and engineered as well. Loved it.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
musician17 #534344 04/26/19 01:18 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is so genuinely beautiful. The melody flows so naturally and the background tracks are just perfect as accompaniment. Love the accordion, love the fiddle interludes. I live in London, UK, and we don't have as much of this kind of music over here than I'd like, but this would never be out of place on any radio station, I'd say. Thanks for sharing - loved it.

Oh, my. Thank you so much!

I don't really know what kind of music this is. I'm always at a loss when it comes to describing my original songs. Folk or Americana, I suppose, but I'll leave that to the listener. And speaking of listener, thanks again for that kind review.

Noel96 #534588 04/28/19 03:41 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott,

Wow! this is good.... an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Your vocals along with the song's arrangement and production are superb. As I'm sitting here listening, I find that everything about this is very, very engaging. You've created a wonderful song.

All the best,
Noel

Engaging? What more can songwriters hope to achieve? Thank you, Noel.

Originally Posted By: Skyline
Great stuff Scott. I just love the drums and percussion parts, it's chunky, different and SO right. What a superb voice you have. sick Superbly put together and engineered as well. Loved it.

John

It takes me a long time to put a production together, even with this amazing software. So much trial and error and re-takes and edits and reference mixes and adjustments, by the time I think I'm finished I'm about ready to deep-six the whole thing. So when someone listens and thinks I got it right, well, that makes it all worthwhile. Thank you.

olemon #534608 04/28/19 05:13 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very beautiful folk style song. You have a very nice voice rich and deep. A song with a lot of personal emotions and you did it very well.

Belladonna #535226 05/03/19 02:15 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Very beautiful folk style song. You have a very nice voice rich and deep. A song with a lot of personal emotions and you did it very well.

I appreciate that. Yeah, it's a personal one for sure.

Thanks for the listen.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195