Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#535030 05/01/19 11:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/okay

Here's a new song, tried to do one like Marshall Crenshaw.

Vocals for my songs are almost always by a collaborator, usually from fiverr. I only sing on novelty songs and maybe a blues tune but it usually ain't real good.

bass: 683 guitars: 997, 1259, 2685

Okay...Okay-ay
I never really felt okay in this world,
Til the day... the day-ay
I looked up and you were there
And the way...the way-ay (yeah the way)
That you looked back at me,
It was such, such an inviting stare

And the things I see in you and me
Have opened my eyes wide
I just gotta tell you how I feel inside

Any time I get to feeling blue the thought of you gets me through the day,
Every time I look at you I think that I might be okay

Okay, okay-ay
It's been awhile and we're still intact,
I can say...yeah say-ay
I'm in love and that's a fact
And today...today-ay (yeah, today)
Is one that I'll never forget
Cuz you said, you said you love me back

Repeat chorus

Last edited by TuneMonger; 05/03/19 04:10 PM.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
TuneMonger #535040 05/01/19 12:56 PM
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi TuneMonger,

That is a nice song. I enjoyed listening to it. You have a good voice that is pleasant to listen to.

I am curious about the part of the lyrics where you sing "... and we're still intact". English is not my native language so please bear with me if this is a stupid question, but is that a normal expression in English?
In my language "intact" is used about material things which are not broken (like glass, etc.), but never about relationships. Is it normal to use this expression in English about a personal relationship or is it your (clever) invention for this song?

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will

TuneMonger #535054 05/01/19 02:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really enjoyed the harmonies in this. Good production on a great catchy tune.
Reminded me of Crowded house. Rob

TuneMonger #535055 05/01/19 02:10 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The lyrics for this song were quite charming and I liked the catchiness of the tune. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
TuneMonger #535071 05/01/19 04:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
TuneMonger,
Very cool song! Lyrics and melody grabs you right in.
Production and mix are done very tastefully.
Very curious of the mic that was used on this tune. If it is not a trade secret, can you please share?

Thank you for posting!

Misha.

Will Josef #535074 05/01/19 04:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Will,

I was just being (hopefully) clever. I have never heard anyone use intact this way. Once upon a time, no one used 'tight' to describe a relationship, but look at the word now. Actually, I thought a long time about taking the word out, but ended up keeping it. I have taken a lot of creative writing classes, and a popular axiom in those classes is "kill your darlings." Which means to get rid of things like my use of intact. But I have a little bit of rebel in me, linguistically.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
TuneMonger #535081 05/01/19 09:22 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is just great. Pleasantly poppy with an upbeat message too. Love the vocals and harmonies, both lifted to the next level with the additional production. Good attention to detail and possibilities.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
TuneMonger #535083 05/01/19 10:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello,

I have a few minutes to listen to two or three songs ... been driving my wife all over the State of Alabama for medical treatment. Glad I clicked onto this. I really like your voice ... and this lyric is really nice. I like the song a lot.

If I may, one quick observation ... I think if the drums were centered rather than panned somewhat left, it would "fill out' the mix a wee bit better. It's just a personal opinion. That said, this song is terrific! I had a great time listening to it. Sweet!

Best to you ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

TuneMonger #535097 05/02/19 12:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It's a nice combo of Crenshaw & Crowded House for sure.
The guitars chime nicely and the voice suits the song really well.
I don't think the asides work though - they sound tacked on and a little stiff.
I don't mind the use of "intact: at all - it does work as an opposite to broken and relationships may be intact grammatically.
I'm not fussed on the lines...
"That you looked back at me,
It was such, such an inviting stare" though, as they seem either predatory or jus awkward.
Cool song regardless of my quibbles.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
TuneMonger #535115 05/02/19 03:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"This is just great. Pleasantly poppy with an upbeat message too. Love the vocals and harmonies, both lifted to the next level with the additional production. Good attention to detail and possibilities."

What he said!

A positive feel in lyric, vocal performance and arrangement. A nice shelter from news and social media of late.

We won't parse it out...suffice it to say that we enjoyed it in its totality.

Well done!

J&B

TuneMonger #535132 05/02/19 06:24 AM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
A nicely done creative catchy tune here...
I especially liked the harmonies...
Really well done...
I like it!
Oh yeah... & I also liked the faded ending you gave the song.

Last edited by Jim; 05/02/19 06:26 AM. Reason: faded ending

Jim
†=☮&♥
TuneMonger #535157 05/02/19 10:49 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey there TuneMonger, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This sounds very full and the chord progression is very nice. Looking forward to hear more!

Cheers,
Joe
TuneMonger #535158 05/02/19 11:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a very satisfying listen.

The vibe is very infectious (in a good way) and within seconds of starting to listen my feet were tapping up and down on the floor.

You've done a really good job with this. The production sits very comfortably on the ears. I also like the way that you've structured the lyrics. They flow along nicely and this flow marries the melody, its arrangement and lyric-content together very well indeed.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
TuneMonger #535236 05/03/19 04:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice song. Really liked your vocal. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
TuneMonger #535524 05/05/19 10:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
TM,

This is great pop music. A truly infectious melody. Catchy in the way that early Elvis Costello was - with a touch of The Knack or Badfinger. True ear candy. One of the catchiest, "pop-i-est", "radio-ish" songs I've ever heard on this forum.

This has "radio hit" written all over it (at least if we could turn back the clock a bit...).

fj

TuneMonger #535545 05/05/19 11:53 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song!! Great retro feel! Arrangement and vocals really bring back a long gone wonderful musical era! I love the harmonies and the melody of the chorus...very creative and catchy! Very well done!! Take care. Greg

TuneMonger #535556 05/05/19 01:12 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
TuneMonger,

Some terrific hooks in this and a really engaging melody and structure. Very easy on the ears, and locks you in from first to last note. From a production standpoint, for me at least, the “Yeah the way” and “yeah, today” back up vocals in the fifth line of each verse are a little too different sounding from the vibe of the song . . . might find a way to change the tone of that a bit to fit more snuggly. But that's a subjective thing . . . and it doesn't seem like anyone else was troubled by it--so lose or use as you see fit.

Loving the harmonies on the chorus. That’s really well done. Strong offering, Tune . . . I like it a lot.

All the best,

Deej

TuneMonger #535702 05/06/19 01:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks to everyone who commented on this. I especially appreciate those who suggested ways to improve it. Lavish praise was also well received. ; ) I'm leaning toward removing the "yeah the way" and "yeah today" lines. So everyone was 'okay' with the ending? Thought I might get some nays on that. Thanks again to all, this is probably my first and last attempt at a pop song, I mainly like blues and roots stuff.

Last edited by TuneMonger; 05/06/19 01:26 PM.

TuneMonger #535879 05/07/19 01:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey TuneMonger, I loved the vibe in this one! That chorus is catchy (loved that change to a minor chord in there) Great job with the vocal harmony also! Thanks, Torrey

TuneMonger #535994 05/08/19 04:27 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! Your vocals absolutely soar on this one, and the harmonies are top notch. It's a solid earworm too - really catchy and displays a strong understanding of songwriting. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195