You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#535431 - 05/05/19 01:43 AM [User Showcase] New song: "Invisible Man"
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Here's a new song and video, after a bit of a dry spell! The lyrics came fairly quickly which is often a good sign I find. I used some old loops that had been sitting around on my hard drive for ten years, plus electric piano from BIAB. I added more guitar parts and the vocal. More technical details can be found here.

1. I thought our love would just grow older.
But all I feel now is your cold shoulder.
You had my heart in the palm of your hand;
There’s just one thing now I need to understand.

2. Why did you turn away? I find it so strange.
As far as I know it wasn’t me that changed.
I hang around and try to play my part.
But you look straight through me; something closed your heart.

Why should I stay? You treat me gone anyway,
Like an invisible man.
It feels so weird; I simply disappeared,
Like an invisible man.

3. The silent treatment, I’m getting it all the time.
I’ve serving a sentence and I don’t know my crime.
I faded away like a silhouette,
A meaningless someone you can just forget.

Like an invisible man.
A deep blue haze that faded away.
I’m an invisible man.

Like an invisible man.
It’s a mystery, you made me history
Like an invisible man.

Soundcloud Link

Regards
John
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#535435 - 05/05/19 03:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
John,

What a great a song! Love the vocal and guitar lines...

Excellent arrangement and mix. The video is also very cool and a great touch.

Bob

#535436 - 05/05/19 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
A fabulous package.
Really well done.
Excellent, selling vocal too.
There're some aggressive sibilant bits that pop way forward that could be addressed to make this "done" but it may just be my ear and my gear.
Fab.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#535438 - 05/05/19 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I love this! Right up my alley.

You had me hooked right from the opening guitar and it just got better from there.

Excellent guitar and vocal, nice arrangement, totally pro sounding mix.

Very much enjoyed, well done!

#535447 - 05/05/19 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
John,

What a brilliant, brilliant sound you've created here. I thoroughly love what you've done. As always, your writing is strong and what you've done with the arrangement and the presentation is way up in the stratosphere somewhere -- it s-o-o-o-o good!

I totally enjoyed this.

Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding!

All the best,
Noel

#535468 - 05/05/19 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Great song...
You took a cliché & turned it into a memorable hook...
Excellent lyrics...
Wonderful video to go with it...
I really enjoyed this one!

#535505 - 05/05/19 11:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
This sounds like a complex production, but all the parts come together in a flawless cohesiveness. Superb vocal. Beautiful melody.

#535539 - 05/05/19 02:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Fantastic John!! Great song and top notch production....suitable for the forum hall of fame! Vocals are wonderful and guitar sounded like Clapton! Awesome!!! Take care. Greg

#535567 - 05/05/19 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very well done song that I truly enjoyed listening to. The video is a nice touch as well, but it is the great composition, melodic content and production that caught my intention. Outstanding!

Will

#535627 - 05/06/19 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
John,

LOVE that opening! SO tasty!

Cool song. Good write.

The little guitar touches you add are chillingly good. Just right.

Super vocal. The production throughout is INCREDIBLE. The combination of vocal and production are the best I've ever heard on the forum... the way the vocal sits in the production/tracks is mind-blowingly-good. Almost indescribable. Pro level like we have never heard (in my opinion).

This is As. Good. As. It. Gets.

ZOWIE! Goosebumps. Standing O.

fj

#535634 - 05/06/19 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Like an invisible man.

I really like those lines

love the guitar sound and your playing

production and mix sound top notch to me

very impressive, enjoyed the listen

Kenny

#535674 - 05/06/19 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Wow! John, everything you do is always just stunning! This is so tastefully done. Your vocals are perfect. Your guitar licks are all just right, in the right spots.

I always look forward to any songs you post, knowing that I am going to be blown away. This is certainly no exception.

My only complaint is that you don't post songs often enough!

Steve

#535692 - 05/06/19 02:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

John,
Wow! Jealous... I would put this among 5 best songs I have heard in showcase this year. That's all I will say about this tune smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#535722 - 05/06/19 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Really great work!

#535739 - 05/06/19 11:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Clarity and power in the phones. Angst and sadness in the lyric and delivery. Super voice and great "production". Outstanding song and work.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#535784 - 05/07/19 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! It flows magnificently well and is perfectly catchy - especially for the hook. Love the slow, silky groove on this. Some awesome progressions too, and your vocals are top notch here. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio.

Thanks for sharing smile

#535798 - 05/07/19 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Very classy production on a fine song.I especially like the chorus melody and your vocals.
I hear a lttle Slowhand era Clapton... actually its better than that!
Very very well done.

Robert

#535876 - 05/07/19 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
John, what beautifully crafted work this is! To start off it's a GREAT song! Your vocal is so good it deserves more praise than I can give it here! I love those little jazzy/bluesy licks you are playing in the verses, they add that extra special touch that raises this one to another level! Beautiful guitar work throughout and a great job with the video! This one is a special offering in the forum that is in the very top tier of material presented here! I wish you well with this one and hope it gets recognized for the high quality work that it is! Thanks, Torrey

#535892 - 05/07/19 05:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
poltad Offline

Amazing production. Very ELO sounding with a more modern sound. That electric piano from BIAB complements the song perfectly. Guitar work and driving deep bass is top notch.

#535915 - 05/07/19 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Invisible Man" [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Very 70s sound to me, great production, sounds like Louis Shelton sitting in on guitar. Everything was tops on this. And a video as well!

Edited by TuneMonger (05/07/19 08:25 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34883 Members
66 Forums
70867 Topics
613710 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Baccalaureate, Alex Di Carvalho, Ane Atsuko, tizzacd70, KeithJL

34883 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 193