Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Floyd ...

One thing is always guaranteed with a song from you ... never a disappointment! I went to my thesaurus to find a couple of new superlatives but it responded with "Sorry, you've already used all of them on this artist". How does "Better than pretty danged good" sound? Always a real treat to listen to your work.

I read a couple of previous comments about template setting. I believe this sets the template for writing a perfect country song. Out of words. Best to ya ...

Alan

PS: Janettes are sounding pretty cool, too!

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Another outstanding effort! I should just create a template response for any Floyd Jane song. They are all top shelf, outstanding productions of very well written songs!

I always look forward to hearing anything you post!

Steve

Thanks, Steve... I do appreciate that... I look forward to anything you post, as well - great to have you around...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

This is a great song... Love the storyline and of course the outstanding vocal.

As usual, your mix is pro all the way and the arrangement is fresh and contemporary.

So well done!

Bob

Bob - thanks for all of that. I'm especially pleased that you found this "fresh and contemporary".... smile

User Showcase
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Simply put Another 'masterclass" in songwriting and production . Thanks Fj

Os Windows Biab 2018. studio one pro 3 ozone 8 focusrite 214 se electronics Gemini mic
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This brings back some memories of a few folks I've known along life's path I have trod.

You handle the tracks in a masterful way. Nice work on the writing too.

I like the energy and the groove you set in this song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey and Al,

Thanks for mentioning the janettes! smile

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Okay... I can go with the template thing... with a couple of caveats...

YOU FORGET TO FILL IT OUT! What ARE those quotable lines???

Floyd, I can't be expected to do everything. I mean, what next? Have my assistant take a dictation on what what I feel those lines would be? My goodness; my wife already has plenty to do! Give her a break man. wink

You see, as a song writer, you want to start imagining being your listener. Then, and only then, can you relate to them better. Perhaps filling in the blanks about what I would think the great lines would be, would be a good start. crazy

Quote:
You seem to be giving Bud credit for my production/mix? What's up with that?? You know I think the world of Bud (he knows that, too, hopefully), but he gets plenty of credit for his own impeccable productions/mixes. Really. He DOES record Janice's incredible harmonies - and adds the processing to them, generally - and send them to me... But geez...

I knew he didn't on this song; but I clearly didn't think you actually read all of our comments...and there are MANY.

It's obvious what needs to be done here. Multiple forms! I've been sitting at the DMV since you wrote this yesterday to see how to create many, many forms with subtle differences. If anyone can help number f212 accomplish this; they can!

Quote:
[stamp] Thanks! [/stamp]

smile smile wink

How did you get you stamp to work on here? Mine just leaves ink "Thanks!" marks all over my monitor.

Again, really great song. You placement of rhyme has seemed to have shifted; and I REALLY like it! It makes your songs really catchy but not in a "Barney" kind of way. You songs are so well crafted; it's impressive. Keep 'em comin'!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 05/09/19 03:02 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice to hear a faster tempo country pop song from you, that chorus is really catchy and the tempo expresses excellently the whirlwind and the hurricane in the story. Arrangement, vocals and mix are top stuff.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ & Janice

Very good easy listener. Compact, yet powerful. Production is exceptional!
I liked this:
"ain't met a rule she won't break yet" smile

Congrats to both of you!

P.S. Would like to hear more of Janice on this (volume/level wise), just a personal opinion.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Misha - thanks for having a listen. And thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion - always appreciated. However, I will have to disagree in this case. The intent of background harmonies in this style of song are to give those parts (chorus mostly) a fuller, fatter sound...a "sweetening"... and not to "showcase the harmonies". They should not "have a personality" (as in "hearing more Janice" - I'm sure you know how much a Janice-fan I am). In fact, in this case, I took the harmonies that J&B sent - which included the processing that Bud adds - and hit them with a Nectar preset that "diffused" them, spread 'em out more...to make them blend even more into that "sweetening" background. I did go back and listen intently after your comment. I found them to be right where I feel they should be... Again... Thanks!

Originally Posted By: rayc
The rhythm section propels this at what appears a cracking pace.
Clever that the tempo seems faster than it is.
Narrative is cool, melody is cool, performances are cool.
The arrangement is ace as well.
The organ fade out is FABULOUS.
Yet again - classic.

ray - thanks for the fine comments. Appreciated....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a corker Floyd. smile As soon as it started I was there, watching the scene. The chorus is tremendous, and I'm going to have it as an ear worm for the rest of the day. crazy Great vocals and production as usual, and the Janice interjections were so right!

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Humor, Heart, and most of all Craft all blended together with an artist's touch!!! I love to pick out great lines for special recognition, but when they are all that strong, it's just too dang hard......like looking for a pretty girl at the Miss Universe pageant! Fantastic, catchy, and lively song that does everything right. And production is spotless. Another killer tune my friend!!! Take care. Greg

"...like looking for a pretty girl at the Miss Universe pageant!" HAHAHA... Love that, Greg! (might have to steal for a song). Thanks for a wonderful review!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another awesome tune Floyd. Loved the timing of the phrasing of your lyrics. This was very cool. I think this made the song very special. Excellent vocal, backtrack, and mix. Guitar was awesome. Very cool tone.. Well done

Last edited by Scott C; 05/10/19 01:45 PM.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Yep, another pro production. My favorite line is "the whoop, the wild, the woman child." I liked how the solo guitars came in and didn't outstay their welcome. Many good things here, the voice first, needless to say.

Thanks for listening, TM...

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing.

Always nice to have you drop by, Ember...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
So good. A tribute to the free spirit. This love song has universal appeal, which is a feat in itself. Add in your vocal performance and that of the Janettes (Janice!) and the production - that's some mighty fine RT's mixing and editing by the way - and you've got another winner on your hands.

Take care.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd. You never fail to surprise. Another great write. I particularly enjoyed the vocal harmony.
As always your lyrics stand out and great choice for the band.
Great stuff Rob.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Yep, the video from my internal CMT was running the whole time. All aspects of this strong and much appreciated. The Janettes. Priceless.

Tangmo - Thanks! Your "Priceless" gave me a real chuckle. And your mention of CMT made me miss the days when the channel was all-day Country music videos. I spent a lot of hours watching those then...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I was tempted to cut and paste that template from HTL, pretty much says it all I think!

I always enjoy listening to your music, I know I'm in for something special. And of course having the janettes in there is a little added bonus!

Lot's of great lines, my favorites:

"she loves a moonlit skinny dip
the taste of moonshine on her lips"

and

"she's a gentle rain, a hurricane
driving me insane"

Great stuff, floyd, very much enjoyed smile

Thanks, Dave. I always appreciate your comments on my efforts... look forward to them, in fact...

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
A Floyd Jane song, added to a Floyd Jane write with Janice Bud Harmonies and production: " the whoop, the wild, the woman-child
what you see is what you get" really sums up the total.

My Jane/Merritt reply template: "Really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing." (c) Ember-PG-Music

It seems to always fit the bill...

so... Really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing.

But! This time there's more. For all it is, as is; Lyrically, this is a real good candidate for someone to turn this into a true Modern/Today's, current heard on the radio - song. To my mind anyway. I may be on a lonesome road, but I can hear it...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
welcome back,

awesome signature sound, I love the now familiar sound of you

and Janice blending seamlessly

this sounds like a title track to me, an instant hit

(sorry about the overuse of the word sound)

it's top notch and inspirational, love the drums

super write

Kenny

Kenny - Sounds like you enjoyed this one - which sounds good to me! I like that it sounds like you think I have a signature sound... Thanks for sounding off on this one! smile

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done - that chorus is insanely catchy, and the vocals performance is extremely strong too. The harmonies are flawless and that hook is an immediate earworm. Not to mention, the mix on this is on point too. It sounds really professional.

Not a thing I'd change on this one - thanks for sharing!

Deryk - I'm pleased that you found so many things about this one to like... Thanks.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Floyd,

Good God I got some catching up to do on this forum!

Man, this is a GREAT song. The sound is wall to wall professional studio with a high energy, radio ready mix. Love it man!

One thing, though--it seems like I have heard this somewhere else in another version. I recognize these lyrics. Did you do an earlier version of this or am I trippin'?

No need to answer the last question, just the first one.

eek

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The imagery contained in these lyrics is poetic. Another good 'un.

Thanks, Scott!...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, I loved the way you just launched into this with the vocals! Nice creative touch with the rhythm in the second verse! Wonderfully painted lyrical picture all the way through! You always lay down such a perfect vocal we all take it for granted! Janice's background vocals are a thing of beauty and sit perfectly in the mix! Loved it!! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate the nice review, Torrey. Thanks!...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Another good one, Floyd. High degree of professionalism makes it easy to sit back and enjoy.

I appreciate that, Ed. Thaks for dropping in...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Floyd ...

One thing is always guaranteed with a song from you ... never a disappointment! I went to my thesaurus to find a couple of new superlatives but it responded with "Sorry, you've already used all of them on this artist". How does "Better than pretty danged good" sound? Always a real treat to listen to your work.

I read a couple of previous comments about template setting. I believe this sets the template for writing a perfect country song. Out of words. Best to ya ...

Alan

PS: Janettes are sounding pretty cool, too!

Thanks, Alan! Hope you are both doing well...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195