Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
I
OP Offline
I
Hey Folks,

I just installed 2019 64bit Windows, having come from 2013 (I know, slow to change), and it seems every style I pick (whether it be MiDi or Real) shows the error that it can not find the style. I am assuming that if the style is in the list that it should be available.

I installed everything to the default locations with the BB2019 Installer.

Please help.

Veteran
Veteran
Hello InducingPanic,

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box and the forum!

Are you sure you don't mean the RealTracks Picker? It displays RealTracks you don't have as N/A by default. However, in the bottom, left corner there is a checkbox that you can enable to turn-off the display of RealTracks you don't have.

As far as I know, the StylePicker lists only styles it finds inside the styles folder.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
I
OP Offline
I
Yes sir, I am certain. I am in style picker of the pro version. I can get a preview of all the styles, but when I go to pick one, I have no idea that I do not have it until it switches back to the song screen and the message flashes in the bottom right corner saying it can not find the style.

So far I have yet to find a "Real" track that I have access to. Even a good number of the MIDI tracks show not available. I literally have less in this than I did in my old 2013 version.

I ran the installer and left it choose all the default file locations.

Thank you SO MUCH for trying to help me.

Veteran
Veteran
The BIAB Pro Pak doesn't actually come with a lot of styles. The main program is the same as all the other pals, but it just gives you enough styles to show you a taste of what BIAB can do.

That being said, a couple of things to do:

Make sure that BIAB is pointing to the correct folders for both RealTracks and RealDrums.

In StylePicker, under the "Other" dropdown, be sure to select "Show only styles that are found".

Also, under the "Other" dropdown, select "Show only styles with RealTracks/RealDrums that are found".

Be sure to do a full (slow) rebuild of the StylePicker list.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: InducingPanic

I installed everything to the default locations with the BB2019 Installer.

Please help.
It may be worth a moment examining this statement. In 2018, BIAB substantially changed the location of its files, reorganizing them into folders. The 2019 installer should have done this for you, but it would do no harm to run the Cleanup utility to be sure.

/BB/Data/BB_Cleanup.exe

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
I
OP Offline
I
I tried the filter "for show only found styles", and I still get the same message.... Style not loaded because style was not found in C:/bb/Styles....for the majority of things I choose.

I installed everything to the default location with the installer.

That said, if this is all you get for 2018 pro, that is immensely disappointing. I will probably just eat the $99 and switch back to 2013 because what you are provided is pretty pathetic.

Veteran
Veteran
Assuming you installed 2019 on top of your 2013 version, I would also try what Matt said regarding the cleanup routine. Once that is done, you should have access to the content you had in 2013 plus 2019. If you installed 2019 cleanly, then you will only see the content from 2019. Which 2013 version did you purchase? If it was one of the higher packs, and assuming you installed 2019 on top of it, then you should still have access to all the content that was contained in that version.

However, as I previously indicated, the Pro Pak is just the entry level version of BIAB with regards to content. For example, the Pro Pak only gives you 300 RealTracks (while the UltraPak gives you 2700 RealTracks). You only get 54 Super MIDI tracks (while the UltraPak gives you over 175). You only get 750 MIDI styles (while the UltraPak gives you 2300).

The MegaPak is a little better, in that you get 500 RealTracks, 74 Super MIDI Tracks, and all 2300 MIDI styles.

The UltraPak, however, pretty much gives you the whole shebang (minus the XTRA Styles Paks, which are a separate purchase).

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

I
OP Offline
I
Thank you for all your help.

No, it was not installed on top of 2013. It was a fresh install. And as I said, I have yet to find any real tracks that I can use. I have exactly 1018 items in the style folder, but I have yet to find a real track that the program can find in that file. There are even quite a few midi tracks it can not find. This with the filter is set to show only found styles.

I am very grateful for your time.

Veteran
Veteran
If you are not finding your RealTracks, then something is wrong with the installation. You should have all these RealTracks with BIAB 2019 Pro.

Assuming you registered your serial number (if not, you should), I would go into your user account (accessible from the main PGMusic web page, not the forum page) and download all the content available (main program and the RealTracks/Styles content from your package). Each one will be an executable file that you can run. Install everything there (you can install it on top of your existing 2019), then launch BIAB, make sure your RT/RD folders are set correctly, rebuild the StylePicker (full rebuild) and see what you end up with.

John

I
OP Offline
I
I want to thank all those who tried to help. I ended up downloading the latest patch and running a rebuild of the real tracks and Style Picker. All "seems" ok for the moment. Thank you all again.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200