Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've asked something similar here before; but I'm curious if people could share a bit more on how they do this.

I listen to, I believe, all of the songs that are posted in any given week in the showcase. I drive a lot; and really enjoy the songs. Thanks y'all! smile

The problem I have is, when I get home, I don't remember if I have commented on a song or not. I understand that I can click on "my posts" to see where my replies have been. To do that for each song, when I have time to, it's a bit of an unorganized task with too much referencing back and forth. I KNOW what I'm doing isn't efficient. I really dislike the idea of scrolling through threads to try to find out if I commented. As a result; I comment very little.

This bothers me because I love to recognize people when they do something great. I love to encourage people where I can.

So...teach me what you know. smile Is anyone willing to expose how they do it? A bit beyond just saying "I use" and a program name. How do you use that program to do it.

I'm obviously not the greatest at this and would like to commit to improving. Any help would be greatly appreciated! smile I feel an "ah ha!" moment may come of this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 05/09/19 04:59 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi HTL

A quick way to do what you want is it click on your forum name in the left column and then select "View Posts" (see image below).

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
view posts user posts.JPG (19.33 KB, 218 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Noel, thanks for the response. I am aware of that; but how are you keeping track of this without going back and forth? What I mean by that is, do you look at a song title, click the "view posts" then look through all you posts every time?

I know someone, perhaps Bud, mentioned about having an excel sheet with this type of thing. But I may be mistaken on that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Firstly, what would be helpful would for the forum to automatically flag posts for which you've responded to (if the software allows such an option). This is a common feature on many forums and would greatly benefit those of us who post and respond frequently.

Sometimes we listen in the living room streaming to the "big" audio system. As we live in our cloistered Apple world we will make Apple Notes for the song to later post when at the mac. When listening in the vehicle we may make an Apple Note via audio...easy on the iPhone.

Also I keep a running note with each song we “reviewed” for the last several years. If I get behind and old age prevails I may forget if I commented on a song but a quick search of the note will let me know.

FWiW

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Firstly, what would be helpful would for the forum to automatically flag posts for which you've responded to (if the software allows such an option). This is a common feature on many forums and would greatly benefit those of us who post and respond frequently.

snip ...

Bud

Bud, that is a great idea and, like you, I've seen the feature implemented in other forums.

The PG Music forum appears to use +++ UBB +++ forum hosting software platform. The UBB Central website does not indicate support for that feature.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I review posts in the BIAB forums using the same sequence each time. This assures that I will have come across for review any recent post I've made.

1. I scroll the Main Forum list from top to bottom

2. I open each of the four sub forums I follow and review the first page

3. I click on the Latest Topics and review that list

4. Open My Stuff\Posts to capture any post I've made that sequences 1-3 may have not captured.

If the latest reply on the main screen is by me, I know I'm up to date on that thread.

Page one of each sub forum usually has not been so busy to have passed beyond recognizable threads.

Latest Topics take me deeper into threads than sequence two.

My Stuff\Posts are my direct comments into any recent thread.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Like Bud & probably others I keep a record in a spreadsheet...
But I'm usually working on spreadsheets so it easy to just have another spreadsheet open for comments...
Also as I look down the list songs on the Showcase forum (I think mine is set to 60 entires page),
If I do not remember commenting, I usually do a quick search (Firefox Edit/Find) for comments I've made or replies to those comments...
BTW... If you check daily, there will be only a new few songs added...
Today there were zero...
Time to get busy guys & girls smile

Jim
†=☮&♥
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have raised this issue in the past.

When I first came here, I was coming from another forum that had indicators up front, that were easy to see that let you know if....

1. You had visited the thread to view and read...
2. If you have posted a response.

It made browsing the forum much easier. I find the same issues to be a problem here. I can remember certain threads because of the unique song title or the PG fourm user , but to be honest, the majority of the threads, I don't recall if I read them or posted a response. So now..... due to how this all works, I have to pop in to the top, listen, and then scroll down to see if I posted. Sometimes I have to go through 4 pages or so before I find out that, no I haven't posted a response or why lookie there, yes I did post a response.

Another peeve.... If I have NEVER visited a post.... it would be really nice if the forum software took me to the OP to start and not randomly drop me in the middle of page 2 halfway down......I mean ... what's up with THAT? AND.... if I have visited a thread.... take me directly to the post last viewed so I don't have to search for where I left off..... so frustrating at times.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
How do forums usually indicate in the topic list that you've replied to the topic. i.e. what symbol do they use? Can I see an example?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:

1. You had visited the thread to view and read...

#2 is implemented. If you have posted a response, the topic icon has a green circle on it and hovering over the icon tells you how many posts you have and when your last post was in that topic.

#1. The way the forum software works, is that it highlights/'marks as unread' topics containing posts that were made since you last logged onto the forums (unread posts). These are considered unread topics. If you click on one of these topics, it will take you to the first unread post. It also keeps track of which topics you have read in the current session, so that as you read topics their state will effectively change to 'read'.

Of course the downside of this method is that when you end your session, all of those 'unread topics' are considered read, even if you didn't read them.

The way around this would be to have a table that logs all users' visits to each topic, and then we could accurately determine what the status of the topic should be for any user. This is not something this software does currently. Maybe some of the other popular forums do, or perhaps there is a simpler approach that we could use...

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I've waiting to reply until I got a chance to try a few things out. Your ways are MUCH better than what I was doing! Like. NO comparison.

I think a big thing that bogged me down was guilt. It actually somewhat stopped me from writing songs for here! How crazy is that. My thoughts were, I'm not commenting like I should...even though I'm enjoying the music. Then it just seemed selfish to post something without having commented at all the wonderful music available here.

It will take just a little bit more; but I'm going through my old posts to see who seems to really appreciate the feedback. I don't mind expressing how I feel by a long shot. But I don't want to spend my time writing a fair amount to be lumped in with everyone else who did the same and got a "Thanks everyone" at the end. My efforts need to match their interest in the comment. There is NOTHING wrong with a short group "thank you" but going forward; I will be using a "great job." Approach for those.

This will allow me to focus on those that really are looking for a bit more. THAT excites me!

Then of course, Andrew/PG Music steps up in a big way. How cool is this company? They have people reading or feedback, and not simply respond; but actually make changes! Thank you Andrew and PG Music!

Of course, thanks Noel, (2) Jim, Charlie, Herb, and Bud. The (2) was a quantity of 2 for both Jim's. grin Bud, thanks for going into so much detail. I'm implementing much of what you said; and you really got me thinking about my whole approach in the first place.

Now, if we could mark this thread as -SOLVED- LOL. J/K Thanks again for all of the help!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
[quote]

#2 is implemented. If you have posted a response, the topic icon has a green circle on it and hovering over the icon tells you how many posts you have and when your last post was in that topic.

Andrew - This is AWESOME!!! Big time thanks for making this happen....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
How do forums usually indicate in the topic list that you've replied to the topic. i.e. what symbol do they use? Can I see an example?

I was referring to the cakewalk forum which is no longer running since cakewalk went belly up.

I believe they used a little flag that showed when you have commented. That let you know you had contributed to a thread before you even clicked to enter.

EDIT: I'm seeing a green dot on the ones I have contributed to... so that works... just noticed that.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/17/19 03:52 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Andrew...
That is indeed helpful!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Now, if we could mark this thread as -SOLVED-

I'm not sure if you were kidding, but you CAN mark a topic as solved by clicking the [resolve] button on your first post in the topic. This was added recently.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
[quote]

I'm not sure if you were kidding, but you CAN mark a topic as solved by clicking the [resolve] button on your first post in the topic. This was added recently.

Thanks for asking, as I was kidding.

You are really on top of this. Consider me thankful and impressed.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Andrew -

That new button is cool and will definitely prove useful; however, wouldn't it more sense for the button to be labeled "Resolved", rather than "Resolve". The former indicates that the fix has been implemented; the latter seems more like a request to fix it.

Just a thought.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
[quote=Andrew - PG Music]
Quote:

Andrew - This is AWESOME!!! Big time thanks for making this happen....

Yessir.... I totally agree. Love the green dot!

Thanks HTL for asking about this and thanks Andrew for implementing it.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195