Options
Index
#536583 - 05/13/19 04:03 PM [User Showcase] LOVE EVERYONE
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/love-everyone

I fully intended to work on instrumental material for the foreseeable future until I listened to the song Jim posted a week or two ago that had a Beatle-esque sound to it and...wham inspiration struck! This one is from the heart and has a familiar melody to it but I cannot place it so I went with it! Hopefully I haven't borrowed too heavily from someone! It's a very simple song...simple lyrics and guitar but it's what felt natural for it! The only thing that was a bit complicated was the background harmony vocals. I'm in no way done here and this will need further mixing with volume tweaking of the vocals and guitar but decided to go ahead and present it as is because it will be a while until I have access to my studio! I hope someone finds it worth their time to listen! Thanks, Torrey

BIAB
Drums-Country Pop Ballad
Bass-700 Pop Half Notes Push
Piano-2825 Acoustic Country Pop Mike
Guitar-365 Acoustic Fingerpicking
Guitar-896 12 String Acoustic Rhythm Folk
Guitar-798 Electric Rhythm Southern Snappy
Strings-2058 Celtic Air

Me
Vocals
Lead Guitar

Love Everyone
Words and music by
Torrey Bliss
Copyright 2019
If I could make a mountain move
It wouldn't save the wayward son
I must have love, love for everyone
The greatest gift we can receive
Is the one we must give away
And it's done when we love everyone
You cant be everything to everyone
But you can be something to someone
Now in the end when life is done
And our time here has passed away
What mattered most did we love everyone
Dont live in the past
Dwelling on what you should have done
Just face the new day
Oh go and help someone

Edited by Torrey Bliss (05/13/19 04:07 PM)

#536585 - 05/13/19 04:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Torry,

You've excelled yourself here. What a truly wonderful listen!

I love the lines...

"The greatest gift we can receive
Is the one we must give away"

That's really inspired writing!

You've set the forum's bar-of-excellence way up in the stratosphere with this presentation. Your writing, arranging, producing and performing have created a first-class musical treat.

In a word... "Wow!"

All the best,
Noel

#536630 - 05/14/19 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Torrey,

A terrific listen.

A beautiful sentiment and a beautiful write - solid.

"You cant be everything to everyone
But you can be something to someone"

Nice.

The production is a match for the quality of the lyric. Parts of the melody are "familiar", but are more "glimpses of influence" than anything else. And they really work to keep the ear engaged.

Excellent vocal. Excellent mix. Crisp and clear. Nice "drop" at the end, too!

fj

#536632 - 05/14/19 06:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Oh yeah, I love this! Great mood and lyric.

Vocals are right in the pocket as is the guitar, just perfect for the piece.

Really good, Torrey, very much enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#536634 - 05/14/19 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I loved this Torrey. Loved the intro for the song. Vocal was just excellent. Really loved the harmonies. Your guitar was sweet and tasteful. such a compliment to the song. This song had a big feel to it. Very cool message in the lyrics. Well done.

#536635 - 05/14/19 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune smile It is incredibly heart felt, and there's some really memorable lines in this. Plus your vocals are top notch and those harmonies are rock solid. Love the progressions as well, and it's perfectly catchy. All around a solid write.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

#536651 - 05/14/19 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Beautiful !

Influences of Beatle music for sure

done so remarkably well, I hear some post Beatle McCartney in there.

I wish that I was capable of doing that.

love it,

Kenny

#536663 - 05/14/19 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Beautiful...
Simple beautiful...
Sounds more like a new freshly released McCartney/Wings song...
And hopefully you will take this statement as a compliment...
BTW - I think that "familiar melody" you "cannot place" is just a snippet from the tail end of "If I Fell in Love With You".

#536667 - 05/14/19 09:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Torrey, this is excellent! Very well written. Your vocals are always good, but I think this is some of your best. The guitar solo is very tastefully done.

I like everything about this. The message is strong.

GREAT JOB!

Steve

#536697 - 05/14/19 11:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
This is WONDERFUL Torrey, and I really love the lush arrangement and the guitar solo.

Your stuff is SO ELO man.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#536712 - 05/14/19 03:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Wow.. very enjoyable listen. It is a well-written song as we have come to expect from you!

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will

#536713 - 05/14/19 03:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nice work on this Torrey! Really enjoyed the overall tones on this and the harmonies sound fantastic. Well done!

#536726 - 05/14/19 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Noel96]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Wow Noel! What can I say to that except thanks so much for always being so positive and encouraging to everyone here! I truly appreciate it! T

#536731 - 05/14/19 04:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia

Hello Torrey, This is a great mix. Reminded me a little of super tramp with a touch of George Harrison.
I really liked the chord progression. Great write thanks for listing. Rob

#536734 - 05/14/19 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Such a beautiful message. I really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.

#536750 - 05/14/19 07:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Outstanding work. Surely some McCartney, but also some Harrison in those (what he called) "naughty chords". Preach.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#536768 - 05/15/19 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Sweet lyric and a great musical backing - the melody is def. late Beatlesque but not a lift/steal/borrow.
The vocal treatment reinforces the fabfourness - you harmonize with yourself REALLY well.
Class act Torrey.

Edited by rayc (05/15/19 07:19 PM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#536786 - 05/15/19 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Torrey,

This is a great song... I love the very measured delivery of the verses - you really know how to put a message and song across.

Excellent production - sounds like an album cut.

Loved it!

Bob

#536787 - 05/15/19 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Beautiful chording and melody, some familiar elements from the Beatles and their followers, but still uniquely wrapped in your own style. Great vocals, especially the harmony. Not many lines of lyrics but they are all perfect jewels to be admired.

After several listens, the hook melody reminded me of songs like Land Of Make Believe and Ammonia Avenue, completely different songs, but just wanted to share this interesting association smile

Janne

Edited by jannesan (05/16/19 06:36 AM)

#536822 - 05/15/19 01:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: LOVE EVERYONE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Torrey,
Super tune! Yep, I can see a little bit of Jim in it smile
Beautiful arrangement and vocals. Reminded me more of ELO than Beatles...but that might be my own hallucinations. Inspired, but not "heavily borrowed" in any way. Solid original. I would put this among top tunes I have heard of yours.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32847 Members
68 Forums
66157 Topics
561802 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
live the dream, ROCQK, faturner, AveryT, Hans Franz 12

32847 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 168
VideoTrack 148