You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#536903 - 05/16/19 05:10 AM [Off-Topic] Just bought a Valve (Tube) guitar combi amp
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Cornwall UK
My Bugea V22 Combi
Hi All

Further to my recent venture into electric guitar, I thought I would go the whole hog and buy a Valve (Tube) amp for that much beloved by me, warm full tube amp sound of long ago. (Dam that Amplitube for setting me off with all this!)
I was surprised to see how many of these are still being manufactured.
After a lot of research I opted for a 12 inch speaker combi 22 watt class A 2x EL84 power 3x ECC preamp and phase splitter good price of £271 incl. £45 vat
Make Bugea V22
A useful feature is the output pentodes can be switched to triode mode less power for home use giving a slightly even more vintage sound at home levels, nice!

The main features of the Bugera V22 Infinium Guitar Amp Combo include:

22 watt Class A combo amplifier
2 channels
Master volume
3x 12AX7 preamp tubes
2x EL84 poweramp tubes
12" Turbosound speaker
Integrated reverb effect
Infinium Tube Life Multiplier Technology
Footswitch included (Channel select, Reverb)
Vintage EQ
Features:
Manufacturer: BugeraPower
Output (Watt): 22Stereo:
NoTubes (Poweramp): 2x EL84 (6BQ5)
Pre amp and phase splitter 3x 12 ECC83 (12ax7)
Speaker Manufacturer: TurbosoundSpeakers: 1x12"
Number of Channels: 2
Amp modeling: No
Reverb: Yes
Internal Effects: No
Effects loop: Yes
Recording Output: No
Headphone Connection: No
AUX Input: No
USB Connection: No
MIDI Interface: No
Foot Switch Connection: Yes
Incl. Foot Switch: Yes
Connection for External Speaker: Yes
Wheels: No
Front panel design: Straight Width (mm): 572Height (mm): 453Length (mm): 270Weight (kg): 19.4

So there you go, still got to get my fingers around those chord shapes and scale patterns lol

Attachments
bugera-v22-infinium-combo_1_GIT0033281-000.jpg

Edited by Mike Head (05/16/19 05:18 AM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#536908 - 05/16/19 06:01 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Just bought a Valve (Tube) guitar combi amp [Re: Mike Head]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice.....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those small, lightweight, low power combo amps. I've been using one for decades now. The Mesa Studio 22w amp. It's literally all you will ever need. If it gives you the tone you like, it can always be amp'd externally or mic'd up to cover larger rooms.

I did the big loud heavy stacks thing back in the day.....I was much younger then too.... and yeah they look impressive but.... you gotta move them around from gig to gig up and down stairs. I had a bunch of 100W "Imperial Star Cruiser Class" amps, and never got the sound I wanted at a respectable volume that didn't crush skulls..... too loud when they did hit their sweet spot....

The Mesa does have a line out that could be run to a DI or a larger amp/cabinet configuration..... which I actually did for a time.

I have not played through the Bugera amp line, but a respected musician friend has one and absolutely loves it too. I know for years Mesa was the flagship line of sweet tone, but there are many companies now that give them a solid run for their money and Bugera is one of those.

Have fun, learn to play, and enjoy it.... and remember, while some volume is needed for tone..... you don't ever have to crush skulls to get it. I rarely run my master volume above 4 on my Mesa 22. I've had the Mesa now for more than 35 years. I've been offered twice what I paid for it.... not for sale.

Congrats on the amp. It's a nice one and will serve you well for a long time.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#536920 - 05/16/19 06:47 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Just bought a Valve (Tube) guitar combi amp [Re: Mike Head]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Nice looking amplifier Mike. I think you'll enjoy it.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#536991 - 05/16/19 03:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Just bought a Valve (Tube) guitar combi amp [Re: Mike Head]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Yep, this looks good I’m in some ways jealous. Over the years I’ve had many amps from really big to nice combos such as a Vox AC30 back in the late 60s. My last amp that I gave away when I moved here into the retirement village was a Yamaha G100 212 solid state but very flexible I had it for about 30 years.

Now I sit here trying to get an amp sim to sound good. I purchased a MIDI Foot controller (sent back broken after 5 days) and had things set quite well. I purchased a heap of Celestion IRs this has me very close to what I want but it is still not quite the real thing. But a laptop is far easier to carry.

Enjoy yourself Mike.

Tony

Edited by Teunis (05/16/19 03:41 PM)

#536993 - 05/16/19 03:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Just bought a Valve (Tube) guitar combi amp [Re: Mike Head]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
It's a well thought out unit Mike, I'll bet it has a sweet sound.
Love the retro look. Nice.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29893 Members
61 Forums
59252 Topics
500107 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Rob4321, ElliottF, English77, envo99, AxelS

29893 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 144
Janice & Bud 137