You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#536980 - 05/16/19 02:34 PM [User Showcase] The Best Thing In Your Life
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Floyd scolded me and called me lazy and triflin' for not posting a song in a month--so I had to.

Just another song about a pretty girl by me and Greg Allen, one of my NSAI buddies. Enjoy.

smile

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs2/best-thing-in-your-life

The Best Thing In Your Life
By Greg Allen and David Snyder

Chorus 1

What do you think that life would be without her?
Is there a word more beautiful than bride?
The girl who’s always been, there through thick and thin,
And the woman who’s the best thing in your life

V1

Did she raise your little babies? Did she send them off to school?
Did she tuck you into bed when you stumbled in, like a drunken fool?
Did she still call you Darling, all those nights that you were wrong?
Did she hold you close, when she danced, to your favorite song?

Chorus 1

Is there a word more beautiful than bride?
The girl who’s always been, there through thick and thin,
And the woman who’s the best thing in your life.

V2

Remember when you met her, she was young and she was free
Walking through that screen door, sweet as summer breeze
Remember when she kissed you, in her mama’s living room
And how you went and married her in the second week of June

CH2

when it takes the love of a woman to survive
Cause the girl’s who’s always been
There through thick and thin
Is still the best reason you’re alive

Bridge

You’ve done one thing right, boy, and you know just what I mean
When you saw her smile, walking down that aisle, and she took your wedding ring.

Chorus

Words and Music copyright 2019 by Greg Allen and David Snyder. All rights reserved.

David Snyder: Guitar, Vocals, Production

RealTracks in style: ~784:Bass, Pop Crossover
RealTracks in style: 2335:String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 785:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming CrossoverSnappy Sw16 090
RealTracks in style: 2976:Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 793:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming ModernCountrySync Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 789:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CrossoverClean Sw16 090 (B:finger)
RealDrums [in Song:NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#536986 - 05/16/19 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
David, what a sweet lyric and feel to this beautiful tune! Your speaking to many hearts in this one! Love it from beginning to end!! Thanks, Torrey

#537007 - 05/16/19 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

I don't know, David. Cheetos are pretty dang good too.

Sweet lyric. I think you could tighten up the end of the chorus...it seems like it leaves you with no clear melodic direction. Overall, I enjoyed it and it did make me a little misty-eyed. And that ain't the cheetos talking.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#537012 - 05/16/19 06:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Super lyric and vocal David. Love the acoustic. Awesome mix. Well done

#537023 - 05/16/19 08:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
David and Greg,

Really strong write—really sweet song. A compelling sentiment executed expertly. Nice use of those vocal “oohs-aahs”. Pretty tune. Good luck with this one!

All the best,

Deej

#537039 - 05/17/19 03:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
David,

If Randy Newman sang a great county song this is what it would sound like...

Another excellent piece and beautifully produced.

Loved it!

Bob

#537043 - 05/17/19 03:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Great writing on this, loved the performance too.

Good to see you back with a new song!

#537061 - 05/17/19 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Triflin'? I'm not sure that is a word I've ever used... wink

A good pretty girl song. (as opposed to a pretty good girl song)

Your vocals are always so "convincing". Nice use of the oohs and aahs...

Nice job by the 2 of ya... (at first I read that as Greg Allman and thought... "Cool!!")

fj

#537071 - 05/17/19 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi David, enjoyed your song. Especially the pleasure that you apparently had while singing it. Like the song before this one (All about the kiss).
I also liked the used backgrounds, vocals and violins, in the composition.
One small thing: By the end of the song, it looks like it's dimming for a fraction of a second. Couldn't make up if it was meant to be or not. My bet is you did that on purpose...

Hans

#537076 - 05/17/19 07:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! Definitely getting a Randy Newman vibe on this one. Love the backing harmonies, and found your lead vocals to be strong and memorable. Really lush production really took this to the next level for me. The strings that build in the second verse are stunning.

A really solid write - thanks so much for sharing smile

#537091 - 05/17/19 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Another good love song...
Strong lyrics...
Heartfelt vocal delivery...
Great collaboration between you & Greg...
I enjoyed it.

#537109 - 05/17/19 11:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: rsdean]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: rsdean
David,

If Randy Newman sang a great county song this is what it would sound like...

Another excellent piece and beautifully produced.

Loved it!

Bob

Man, what a great description Bob made. Yeah!

We've always enjoyed your music and this is right up there with the best of your HUGE catalog.

Every now and then a fine love song comes along...thanks for creating and sharing this one.

J&B

#537117 - 05/17/19 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

David,
Nice harmony & strong lyrics! I assume it (lyrics) were written by 2 people?
Great production as always.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#537131 - 05/17/19 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Cool sounding production and a very good song as I have come to expect from you!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Will

#537137 - 05/17/19 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Has it really been a month since your last song? Crazy! This was a really great one to post up after such a long time. Thanks for sharing.

#537154 - 05/17/19 07:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
David,

This is definitely another write to be proud of.

I love the sentiment expressed in the lyrics and the crafting of melody and arrangement is really well done, too. As always, your vocals ring true with sincerity and honesty and deliver the song with flair. You and Greg have done a great job.

I really enjoyed this.

All the best,
Noel

#537199 - 05/18/19 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Torrey. I really appreciate that man!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#537203 - 05/18/19 09:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Another great piece David! Really dug the vocal Oohs', they harmonies well with the recorded vocals. Well done!

#537317 - 05/19/19 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Could've been a track on New Morning (Dylan) (I love that album)

glad to hear a new song posted by you (floyd's like a mafia boss, we can't get out)

Just kidding of course, boss

beautiful and inspired words about a woman who should be praised,

it's a good way to go

a graceful delivery

Kenny

#537337 - 05/19/19 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Best Thing In Your Life [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
The song's theme really touches the heart! I think this thought often. Love the guitar on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Forum Stats
33280 Members
67 Forums
66406 Topics
568909 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ppma, VeroniqueDuguay, lonelagranger, RosaMaria, CottonDor

33279 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 268
Matt Finley 254