You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#537259 - 05/18/19 10:11 PM [RealBand] MP3 Codec
Loc: Arizona
John F Offline
Enthusiast

I have created my song in RB2018 and saved it as a SEQ file. I want to save it now as an MP3 file but I get a msg that says I don't have the MP3 Codec installed. I went looking for an MP3 Codec and downloaded LAME, but I don't know where to place it, or if it is even the proper codec. Was the codec supposed to come with the RB/BB program? Can anyone tell me?

Windows 10, Behringer UMC204HD Audio Interface, BIAB/RB 2018

#537265 - 05/19/19 02:20 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi John,

In the past BIAB did not come with the mp3 codec needed for saving. The K-Lite Mega pack contains this codec. (This is what I used to use in the past.)

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Is there are a reason that the file needs to be mp3? If not, it's possible to save in the wma format directly from RB. This gives the same amount of compression as mp3. Because it's a Windows format, though, the codec comes with Windows.

I no longer have the mp3 codec on my system and what I do if I need mp3 is to use Freac to convert a WAV file to mp3. This software gives me a great deal of control over the final product and I prefer it.

https://www.freac.org/

With the LAME codec, I'm not sure where it's best installed. Hopefully someone will jump in and give you that information.

Regards,
Noel

#537278 - 05/19/19 05:33 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Depends on what version you got.
If you got the LAME ACM version I'd follow the advice below (use at your own risk) that was included with the LAME ACM 3.99.3 download -

reference:
How to install on Win7 x64:

1. Extract it to for example c:\lame

2. Run cmd with admin rights (ctrl+shift+return)

3. cd %windir%\SysWOW64

4. rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 C:\lame\LameACM.inf

(Thanks to Markus Stein.)

Don't ask me how or why but I ended up with both Fraunhofer and LAME mp3 codecs available.
You can open the .inf file in a text editor to see what it does if you want.
If it doesn't work for you there is always LAME Front End..

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Edited by rharv (05/19/19 05:50 AM)

#537280 - 05/19/19 06:19 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I was never able to get it to work on my new computer.I'm sure RHARV you remember. Don't know what the issue is. I've had to resort to using Audition to convert. No big deal but strange
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#537282 - 05/19/19 06:59 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yeah, I remember.
Wonder if the whole Run as Administrator (step 2) was the issue ..
Or maybe it's that I'm running W7 Professional (?)
Not sure what else it may be.

Edited by rharv (05/19/19 07:04 AM)

#537339 - 05/19/19 04:09 PM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
John F Offline
Enthusiast

Yes, I did save to a WAV file then imported it into Audacity where I was able to save it as an MP3. That works, but it sure would be convenient if PG Music would include an MP3 codec with their software.

Windows 10, Behringer UMC204HD Audio Interface, BIAB/RB 2018

#537357 - 05/20/19 02:19 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
I export a final mix to audacity as a wav - then normalise on Audacity as I find that easier for a final mix - then export as mp3

#537423 - 05/20/19 02:06 PM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

My win7 machine works as well. The one that doesn't is Win10
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#564957 - 11/19/19 09:19 AM [RealBand] Re: MP3 Codec [Re: John F]
JediMercer Offline

I know it may be six months too late, but I had issues getting LameACM running on Windows 10 and finally fixed it by using a different version. Wrote a post about it here: http://www.jedimercer.com/archives/321

But in a nutshell, try downloading lame64.zip from http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80/ and installing that.

PG Music News
Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Holiday Hours - Monday, August 3 (British Columbia Day)

Monday, August 3 is British Columbia Day!

Since we are located in British Columbia (Victoria, on Vancouver Island), that means it's a holiday for us! Don't worry, some of our team will still be available - our hours on Monday are 8AM-4PM PST.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, August 4. www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32595 Members
68 Forums
65495 Topics
555306 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
michaeldg3, lencrawl42, Provipgroup, Cameron, James Franco

32595 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 188