You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#169253 - 08/06/12 11:56 PM [RealBand] Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand?
Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
jgariano Offline
Enthusiast

I've become quite familiar with using RealBand. I like being able to add real track and band in the box tracks to accompany myself singing. However, I'm not that great of a singer and I would like to try out some auto-tune software to make my voice sound better.

Is there auto-tune software out there that works well with RealBand? I will sometimes have multiple vocal tracks in a .SEQ file, with one track capturing a particular verse of the song. I would like to be able to apply the auto-tuning to the entire set of vocal tracks, to cover the entire song.

Any suggestions on what software to purchase (or if the feature is already part of RealBand)?

Thanks,
Joe

#169254 - 08/07/12 12:43 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: jgariano]
solidrock Offline
Expert

#169255 - 08/07/12 10:46 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: solidrock]
jgariano Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, that picture was helpful. I tracked down a free pitch correction pluggin called GSnap, pointed to the DLL in the RealBand VST configuration window shown in your picture, and was able to get it to work.

#169256 - 08/07/12 11:16 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: solidrock]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
GSnap is a free pitch-correction VST. I'm away from my computer, so I can't say if it works with RealBand.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#169257 - 08/07/12 11:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: dcuny]
jgariano Offline
Enthusiast

GSnap does work with RealBand... I used it last night.

#169258 - 08/07/12 06:54 PM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: jgariano]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Now set all the vocal tracks to a subgroup that tunes the vocals and adds any other effects, and one VST set can be on all tracks.
You could also use the AUX slots, but only with a few routing defaults changed.

That covers the 'supply it to all vocal tracks' part using just one instance of the tuner. Instead of on every track.

#537893 - 05/23/19 03:44 PM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: jgariano]
Loc: West Virginia
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hey Solidrock, Antares just told me that their 'Access' won't work. Do you know if one of their newer ones will work with RB? Jgariano, I couldn't get Gsnap to do much- seemed to go from nothing to some correction with artifacts? Thanks guys!

Edited by Warren Keller (05/23/19 03:46 PM)

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist, Writer, Singer

"I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'
She is all that I have left and music is her name"

#537921 - 05/23/19 06:19 PM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: Warren Keller]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Warren,

It will be difficult to find a real time vocal processor. Antares made multiple hardware processing units but has abandoned hardware manufacturing. The Antares software products are AAX and VST3 plug-ins. RealBand does not support either plug-in format.

My suggestion is to search online (forums, music stores, Craiglist and eBay) for a used Antares hardware vocal processor.

As an aside, SolidRock was last on the forum Sun Dec 06 2015 at 02:58 PM.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#537966 - 05/24/19 04:36 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: Jim Fogle]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hey Jim, Forgive my ignorance here- so until RB would support VST3 (if ever?), it's a no go. When you speak of real-time hardware, are we meaning a unit between the mic and the audio interface that would pitch correct at the time of recording? Thanks! I do have a TC Helicon VoiceLive Play with this feature, though I believe it has limited controls.

#538013 - 05/24/19 10:50 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: Warren Keller]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Hi Warren,

TC Helicon vocal products are exactly what I meant. I would think your TC Helicon VoiceLive Play would be more than sufficient to meet your pitch correction needs while playing live. Personally I doubt if you can find anything better than what you already have. You likely have what you need but need to dig a little deeper and become more familiar with the equipment and what it has to offer.

I don't have a VoiceLive Play and don't play in front of an audience so I can't imagine what controls you find limited. Is it just with pitch correction or with some of the additional features you haven't mentioned? If you're main concern is pitch correction do you find all the other features the TC Helicon VoiceLive offers get in the way of using the tool the way you envision?

Assuming pitch correction is the primary feature you're wanting, you may find the TC Helicon +++ Mic Mechanic Stomp Box +++ easier to carry around and use.

#538125 - 05/25/19 09:41 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: jgariano]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Hey Jim, Now of course, my post was aimed at recording only, so I'd love to haev a working plugin with RB that's up to the task, but the TCH VLP is a wonderful pedal with lots of great effects for my saxes/flute and it does also offer soft and hard-tune. Thanks!

#538126 - 05/25/19 09:43 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: jgariano]
Warren Keller Offline
Apprentice

Solidrock, etc., Do we know what it was about the Antares Evo that DID work with RB, that's different from their new ones that don't- VST3? Thanks!

#538140 - 05/25/19 12:39 PM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: Warren Keller]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Hi Warren,

As you guessed, the newer stuff is available only as a VST3 which does not work with RealBand. The Aspire EVO is available as both VST2 and VST3 as well as 32 or 64 bit. RealBand requires 32 bit.

This quote is from the Anteres webpage for the EVO plugin:
Quote:
Quite simply, ASPIRE EVO analyzes a vocal in real time and separates the aspiration noise (breathiness) component from the harmonic content. It then allows you to either increase or decrease the amount of aspiration noise, as well as letting you affect the character of the aspiration noise by applying a parametric EQ to the noise component.
+++ HERE +++ is a link to the Antares Evo webpage.

The initial plugin download is 64 bit but a 32 bit version is available for a $7.99 additional cost. The plugin is available as a VST2 so the 32 bit, VST2 version should work with RealBand.

Aspire EVO requires ilok copyright protection. So you'll either have to purchase an ilok dongle and lose use of a USB port to the ilok dongle or you'll have to install additional ilok software to manage your ilok protected applications.

#538225 - 05/26/19 12:26 AM [RealBand] Re: Auto-Tune Software that works with RealBand? [Re: Warren Keller]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I just downloaded this https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Plugins/Auto-Tune-Evo.shtml installed it on WinXP and it loaded into the 32bit VSTHost.
It gives you so many trial days.

You can also use ReaTune in Reaper combined with ReaTrak it will import the tracks and chords from RealBand, Biab or the BiabVst Plugin running in Reaper. Reaper has themes to give whatever mixing board you like.
Or you can send the audio from the Realband track to Reaper with ReaStreamVST in RealBand using the ReaTune plugin in Reaper.
You should be able to send the output back to a RealBand track using ReaStream also.

(Video) How to Stream Biab Tracks to Your DAW Win/Mac for Heavy Plugins

PG Music News
50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

It's HERE! Take a quick tour of the just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows when you check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

Read more about this new version here, and check out our amazing upgrade pricing (up to 50% off during our special!) here!

Great New Content in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is here! Limited Time Special Offers Until December 31, 2019 - SAVE up to 50% on most Band-in-a-Box® version 2020 for Windows Upgrade packages... and that's not all! When you buy version 2020 for Windows before December 31, 2019, we'll include a Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020, Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 2020 and RealBand 2020 - Over 50 new features!
- We have information about the program here.
- Specific information about the features is here.
- Ordering and info about the pacakages and pricing is available here.

Plus, there is a HUGE amount of new content...
- 202 new RealTracks, description and audio demos: click here.
- Xtra Styles Set 8 for Band-in-a-Box®, (description and video demos): Learn more...
- Loops-with-Style Set 1 for Band-in-a-Box®: product description and video demo.
- Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE! Learn more...
- Bonus 49 Pak (with 40 RealTracks)! Learn more...
- 2 new MIDI SuperTrack Sets - Learn more...
- 280 Drums RealCharts (previously had only 22, now have transcriptions for half of all of the 600 audio RealDrums)
- 5 Instrumental Studies Sets - Learn more...
- Two new all MIDI styles sets "Look-Ma! More MIDI" Sets 3 and 4 (30 MIDI styles) audio demos: Learn more...

Plus,the Online (or PDF) manual for the full program, or just the new features, are available here.

RealBand 2020 is Here!

RealBand 2020 is here, and is included free with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

There are over 20 additions to RealBand, including intelligent Audio-Harmonies (1-4 voice), Scrub Mode, mixer enhancements, open MusicXML .musicxml and .xml, easier transpose, RealTracks, RealDrums sound improvements, and more!

RealBand 2020 New Features include:

Darker Grid Lines
Grid lines in Tracks and Audio Edit windows are drawn in a darker color instead of white.

Auto-hide Grid Lines
RealBand will auto-hide grid lines when they are within a certain number of pixels of each other.

Audio Scrub Mode
The new audio scrub button in the Audio Edit window lets you click and drag to hear a section of audio.

Shift key for moving multiple volume sliders and pan knobs
If moving a volume slider while pressing the Shift key, then any other selected tracks' sliders will also move. This applies to Tracks and Mixer windows.

...and more!

For the complete list of new features included in RealBand 2020, click here, and choose the "RealBand 2020" Tab.

Forum Stats
30566 Members
63 Forums
61158 Topics
516504 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
bobluthier, Don G, billbogarde, peterde, ParksongMusic

30565 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 291
Matt Finley 226