Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#538127 - 05/25/19 09:56 AM [User Showcase] NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David)
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Hello forum friends. Happy Memorial Day weekend! Al David posts some great stuff. He has posted a few instrumentals which immediately caught my attention. And, I love some of his titles. This song started from an instrumental he posted with the same title. I contacted him, got the SGU, made some changes and wrote lyrics around the title line. WIll post the lyrics soon and also catch up on my listening on the forum. Would love to know what you think. Take care all.

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/heartbroke-in-la

#538139 - 05/25/19 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Greg / Alan,

Outstanding! I could listen to a whole album of this stuff...

Great lyrics, vocals and mix. Love the instrumentation.

Loved it all!

Bob

#538142 - 05/25/19 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Great song but sad & soulful story...
But often thats what makes some songs great smile...
I enjoyed listening to your collaboration...

#538163 - 05/25/19 03:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Greg (& Alan)...

I thought I was listening to a lost track from the Hotel California recording sessions! This is very cool. The opening acoustic sets that tone. And the leads sound like there was a Don Felder RealTrack!! Is that an RT?? - or did you get someone to play for you - it SO fits. And that vocal sounds like Greg Johnson "doing his Don Henley"...

Excellent write - cool story (only wish the lyric were up already to follow along).

Incredible stuff.

Cool. Cool. Cool!!!

fj

#538197 - 05/25/19 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Greg (& Alan)...

I thought I was listening to a lost track from the Hotel California recording sessions! This is very cool. The opening acoustic sets that tone. And the leads sound like there was a Don Felder RealTrack!! Is that an RT?? - or did you get someone to play for you - it SO fits. And that vocal sounds like Greg Johnson "doing his Don Henley"...

Excellent write - cool story (only wish the lyric were up already to follow along).

Incredible stuff.

Cool. Cool. Cool!!!

fj

I agree completely and I couldn't have said it any better.

Who is playing that lead guitar? Very impressive!

A great collaboration.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#538208 - 05/25/19 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Greg and Alan,

What a song!!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening. This could be on any radio station, anywhere in the world, and people would instantly feel comfortable with what they're hearing... it's first class music all the way.

A terrific write and an outstanding presentation!

All the best,
Noel

#538217 - 05/26/19 12:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Everyone ...

Greg always does such a fantastic job turning my instrumentals into wonderful, full songs. No exception here. He's simply the best! Thank you Greg ... what fantastic job you did with this ... totally loved your touches.

Here are the tracks in the SGU I sent to Greg:

- Heartbroke In LA -

File:Heartbroke In La.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 70, Length (m:s)=3:18

Style is _WILLFUL.STY (Willful Modern Dreamy Guitar Pop)

RealTracks in style: 1827:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1004:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockStrumming Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1828:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGroove Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065
Loop in Song: Dubstep\Dubstep - no_way_out_140_choir_f_sharp_minor.wav
RealDrums [in style:RetroPop^05-a:Bass, SharpeSnare, b:Bass, Snare

Greg dropped the key to Ab minor to fit his vocal. As far as the lead guitar, it's Brent Mason Track # 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065

Thanks again Greg!!!!!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#538218 - 05/26/19 12:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Hello forum friends. Happy Memorial Day weekend! Al David posts some great stuff. He has posted a few instrumentals which immediately caught my attention. And, I love some of his titles. This song started from an instrumental he posted with the same title. I contacted him, got the SGU, made some changes and wrote lyrics around the title line. WIll post the lyrics soon and also catch up on my listening on the forum. Would love to know what you think. Take care all.

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/heartbroke-in-la

You're the best, Greg! You simply turned my little bit of guitar music into a splendid piece of musical art. I cannot thank you enough. What a voice!!!! Many thanks ...

Alan

#538220 - 05/26/19 12:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: rsdean]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Greg / Alan,

Loved it all!

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I was so lucky Greg approached me about this! Best to you ...

Alan

#538221 - 05/26/19 12:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Jim]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
Great song but sad & soulful story...
But often thats what makes some songs great smile...
I enjoyed listening to your collaboration...

Thanks Jim. Greg is just so good! Wishing you the best ...

Alan

#538222 - 05/26/19 12:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Greg (& Alan)...

Incredible stuff.

Cool. Cool. Cool!!!

fj

Hi Floyd ...

Di said something similar ... "What a great song this would have been for The Eagles". But I'm more than happy with the Greg Johnson version. Hard to believe they could have done any better than Greg did. Glad you like what he did with my basic offering. Best to you ...

Alan

#538223 - 05/26/19 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: MarioD]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Greg (& Alan)...

Incredible stuff.

Cool. Cool. Cool!!!

fj

I agree completely and I couldn't have said it any better.

Who is playing that lead guitar? Very impressive!

A great collaboration.

I'm delighted you liked what Greg did with this ... he's the real star here. I just threw a few chords together, picked out a few tracks and let BIAB do the rest. Greg took those bits and turned it into this great song! Wishing you the best ...

Alan

PS: That lead guitar is Brent Mason Track # 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065.

It was the first one I tried and I didn't sense a need to look any further.

Edited by Al-David (05/26/19 12:24 AM)

#538224 - 05/26/19 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Noel96]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Greg and Alan,

What a song!!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening. This could be on any radio station, anywhere in the world, and people would instantly feel comfortable with what they're hearing... it's first class music all the way.

A terrific write and an outstanding presentation!

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel ...

Thank you so much. Greg deserves the biggest round of applause. Isn't he just the best??!! Glad you liked it! Best to you ...

Alan

Edited by Al-David (05/26/19 12:26 AM)

#538246 - 05/26/19 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Tangmo Online   content
Expert

The perfect marriage here. The backing is outstanding and so west-coast. The vocal is outstanding and delivers this sad and seedy tale slowly and with such a sense of inevitability. I mean that two ways. It sounds like it couldn't (and shouldn't) be otherwise, and as a listener I just knew this wasn't going to end with a win on American Idol. Those stories, by definition, rarely do. Left me pulling for her and what's left of normal.

Edited by Tangmo (05/26/19 07:07 AM)
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#538255 - 05/26/19 08:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Boy do I love this song. I got the Eagles vibe too. What a cool collaboration. That guitar solo was incredible. Greg just loved your vocal and lyric. Such a nice compliment to Alan's instrumental.

One of the best songs I have heard on the forum and should be on iTunes. Well done

#538274 - 05/26/19 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Greg and Alan

That came together incredibly well. Nice chord progression and track selection and Greg, what a vocal!
Stunning work on a great song.

Peter

#538321 - 05/26/19 05:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Couldn't wait to hear this

two of my favorite musicians,

absolutely love the chord progressions (does have a touch of Hotel Cal.)

great write and mix Allen

Greg, what a voice! beautiful melodies

very creative

what a song!!!

Great one!

#538322 - 05/26/19 05:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: rsdean]
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Greg / Alan,

Loved it all!

Bob

Thanks Bob! Just listened to your new one....Wonderful!! Take care. Greg

#538330 - 05/26/19 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Greg and Alan, this is great. Love the song, the production ... AND THOSE VOCALS!

Edited by mkg50 (Mike G) (05/26/19 08:36 PM)

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#538335 - 05/27/19 12:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Heartbroke in LA (collab with Al David) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Blooming wow. This is absolutely top-notch. I'm not even going to start analysing it because I wouldn't know where to start. Everything is top quality, every single element of this. Genuinely, congratulations to all involved!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
LAST DAY TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

It's HERE! The FINAL day of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST TODAY! (January 15th) Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

TWO DAYS LEFT TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

Wow, it's already January 14th! That means there's just two days left of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST on Friday, January 15th! Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS on Friday!

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE - OUR SPECIAL ENDS FRIDAY!

There is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PDF on Friday, January 15th!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

RealBand 2021 Includes 64-bit PG DX Plugins Presets!

Download the latest update for RealBand 2021 to addpresets for 64-bit PG DX plugins!

Release notes (build 3c, Jan 7 2021):
-Fixed: Running 32-bit realband.exe (Version 2020) is now supported.
-Added: Presets for 64-bit PG DX plugins.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!

IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!

We've extended our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until January 15, 2021, so there is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 - Special Extended to January 15th!

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - and we've extended our Xtra Styles PAK and MultiStyles PAK Special until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Windows user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Today!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows version to address a few user-reported program issues and requests. Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users can update for free here.

Have you been using your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase and not applied any patch updates yet? Make sure you download the latest free patch update to access some great Bonus "Half-time" and "Double-time" RealStyles!

Total of new styles is:
-111 new RealStyles
-80 new RealTracks variations.
-27 new RealDrums variations.

This includes:
-variations of existing 16th-based bluegrass.
-variations of existing celtic and train beat styles.
-new styles with both 8th-based and 16th variations.
-16th-based samba variations.

Forum Stats
33676 Members
67 Forums
67605 Topics
578565 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Doug Miner, 123223, JGDC73, towako, MightyMike

33675 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 314