You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#538119 - 05/25/19 09:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] tag ending hold chord problem and not seeing ending in print [Resolved]
bowlesj Offline
Journeyman

Hi, I have noticed (two bugs) (or issues not completed). Version is 2016.

If I generate a 2 bar ending or a 4 bar ending the chord setting "Hold Chord" works. If I generate a tag ending the hold chord does not work. It cuts it short so you hear it for only one beat.

When I do a print (or a print preview) in fake sheet mode if I have a tag ending and I just have it set to "First Chorus" it does not show. I fix this so it will show by choosing "whole song". However when I have a generated 2 bar or 4 bar ending and I choose "Whole Song" it does not show the ending.

So here is why this has become an issue. For myself I don't print because if I need a fake book I just buy it. I am doing it to help out members in my jam group. So it is confusing for them if I generate an ending so it sounds nice during the jam but when I create a pdf of the chords only for them they can not see this final chord. After playing with this for an hour or two I finally figured out I have to temporarily switch it to a tag ending and put the tag right at the end of the song and as mentioned above set it to print whole song. I than ship it up to the website for download and make sure I do not save that change so I continue to get a chord that properly holds.

Any thoughts on how to fix either of these issues or even better fix both of them.

Thanks,
John

Attachments
Settings.png

Edited by bowlesj (05/25/19 10:50 AM)

#538130 - 05/25/19 11:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: tag ending hold chord problem and not seeing ending in print [Re: bowlesj]
bowlesj Offline
Journeyman

Actually the chord hold issue may not be caused by the tag ending. I stumbled on another song that it works for and it had a tag ending. So on the one song switching it to a generated ending fixes it. So it is a mystery at this point.

Edited by bowlesj (05/25/19 11:28 AM)

#538159 - 05/25/19 02:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: tag ending hold chord problem and not seeing ending in print [Re: bowlesj]
bowlesj Offline
Journeyman

Actually upon thinking about it the fact that the generate ending does not show is probably correct because it does not have anything on the chord window to show where the jump occurs. Only the tag ending has this. So the solution and proper way to deal with it is my work around (create a temp tag ending and just be sure not to save it).

Regarding the chord hold not working on that one song I will see if I can reproduce it consistently and if I can I will report it as a bug.

I will mark this as solved if I can find that button again :-)

#538171 - 05/25/19 04:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: tag ending hold chord problem and not seeing ending in print [Re: bowlesj]
bowlesj Offline
Journeyman

I think I figured out the chord hold issue. You have click the "song regenerate and play" button. I was just clicking "play from bar" after I set the "Hold Chord" setting. I guess what I was doing does not actually do a regenerate even though it appears as though it is doing it.

Yes, I confirmed this with a 2nd song. In fact I have it set up with a 2 bar ending which starts 2 bars early and also a tag ending that does the same thing but of course it shows the tags. The interesting part is the ending chord is different and the tag ending one sounds terrible where as the 2 bar generated ending sounds good. I think that has nothing to do with the technique. It is probably just by chance. I tried changing the marker to a different colour to fix the bad sound but no luck.

However I have discovered after doing a few of these that the "hold chord" is probably influenced by the style chosen. They seem to vary as to what instrument holds the chord depending on the style.

Okay so now it is resolved :-)

Edited by bowlesj (05/25/19 05:47 PM)

PG Music News
Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the wonderful feedback we've received lately:

"I gotta admit Band-in-a-Box is great software. I have version 2018 and I use it for a ton of my videos i make on my YouTube channel."
"Wow this program has come a long way over the years! Great sounding audio tracks!"
"I absolutely love this product and use it everyday."
"If you want to write songs, then you should use Band-in-a-Box. I simply love it! It really produces a professional touch!"
"For an amateur songwriter like me this software is a dream come true and the fact that these musicians have been paid to create these tracks makes me happy to use this software without worrying about ripping people off. Just brilliant!"
"I've been a PG Music customer for over 20 years. Best value for music software product hands down. Create a full backing track in minutes and then experiment with styles and different instruments for a whole evening. The software is so good, it's the main component in TRIO band creator!"
"I bought the UltraPAK - wow what a revelation! There is so much that can be done to create a backing track of your own making! It took a while at first but now I feel like a pro in just a Month its good value for money..."
"I've been using Band-in-a-Box for decades and love it. Now using Reaper with Band-in-a-Box - Band-in-a-Box Rocks more than ever!"
"This is the greatest thing out, I've got it, just fantastic!"
"It's absolutely unique. No other music software can do what Band-in-a-Box does, and with such great results"
"Band-in-a-Box is an incredible product. Once you get up and running (and it doesn't take long at all) the musical possibilities are endless. The sound quality of the various styles and instruments is superb!"

Thank you everyone - we think our customers are AMAZING!

Do you love Band-in-a-Box too? Take a moment to check the Video Testimonials offer that is always available, and you could receive your next version FREE! For inspiration, check out the Video Testimonials that have already been submitted here!

Portuguese Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2019® em Português!

Novas Funções
Pacotes

Forum Stats
29633 Members
60 Forums
58448 Topics
492069 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
pmasetti220, Jim C, Boxplayer, MickeyL, cpg

29633 Registered Users